[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm looking for a certain kind of pistol, but I haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

File: 74264i_ts.jpg (61KB, 1154x1154px) Image search: [Google]
74264i_ts.jpg
61KB, 1154x1154px
I'm looking for a certain kind of pistol, but I haven't seen anything that perfectly matches what I want. Maybe somebody else knows about something I don't?
Preferably I'd want:

Full ambi/or left handed

.357 sig

Low bore axis

Reliability

A DA/SA external hammer system would be nice, but striker is fine too

Size isn't a huge focus, I'm tall with a thin frame so I could practically cc a c96, and I'd rather have a bulkier heavy pistol than something like an LCP

Lastly I need it to be available in the US

Any suggestions?
>>
>>34940457
The gun I want doesn't exist either.
I'm designing it right now.
>>
>357 suc

You can end your search right there. It dosent exsist unless its a glock
>>
>>34940457

isn't there an fnp in 40 that you can drop a 357 sig barrel into?
>>
>>34940457
Sounds like a Glock. They come chambered in .357
>>
The p226/229 comes in .357 sig but the bore axis is high.
>>
>>34940457

op = autistic
>>
File: 411549250_1.jpg (20KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
411549250_1.jpg
20KB, 500x381px
>>34940831
Glocks are striker fired, blocky, and somewhat overrated. I fully think they're great guns, but not my thing.
Sig's and FN's are great but have a high bore axis, and I wanna be able to shoot it by pulling the trigger, not dropping it lol.
I was thinking something more along the lines of a Steyr M9/M357, I want the low bore axis as there's less muzzle flip.
>>
>>34941925
literally your only option besides glock, unless you have a custom barrel done for a .40 gun
>>
>>34942421
I think I'd ultimately do a Steyr, or deal with higher bore axis and get a USP or FNP.
>>
>>34940457
>357 meme cartridge
>>
>>34942421
I'm also not opposed to custom barrels, should there be something better
>>
>>34942446
.357 sig is honestly one of the best handgun cartridges, it's just expensive and and is a shoutout to SIG. It's better than 9mm in every way but recoil, and has better penetration and sometimes stopping power than .45 and .40, plus the shape of the tip allows it to feed very easily. It has a very high velo too. It's a shame it's not more common.
>>
>>34942495
its not more common because its trash
>>
>>34940457

An EAA witness in .40 with a conversion barrel fits your criteria. Youll have to run a chambering reamer into a 9mm barrel and fit it to your slide though.

Or you could not be an enormous gay and just get a .357 SIG glock. Or pretty much any .40 cal handgun just needs a conversion barrel.
>>
File: Arsenal Firearms Strike One.jpg (485KB, 1920x1275px) Image search: [Google]
Arsenal Firearms Strike One.jpg
485KB, 1920x1275px
>>34940457
>Arsenal Firearms Strike One
good luck finding one in 357 sig
>>
>>34941925
A valid and adult opinion? On /k/?!
>>
>>34942510
I just did a bit of research, definitely a good gun, but hard to even get 9mm version. Beautiful but rare.
>>
>>34941925
Have you shot the FNS or FNP? I know they look siggy, but I think their bore axis is better than the P226/229 etc
>>
>>34942627
That's just the internet in general, everyone's autistic about opinions

>muh glock
>muh 1911
>REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34942872
Sadly I have not, my family was never really into guns, the only pistol I shot was a 1911 years ago. Gonna be 18 in a few months, and tho I can't get a CC till 21, I still want a pistol for when that day comes. My knowledge is more research rather than experience.
But yeah the FNS definitely has a LBX, and I'm a fan of pretty much everything FN makes.

>>34942872
>>
thinking about it now, I would totally dig a 357sig 1911, maybe not an exetershit, but it would still be kinda cool
>>
>>34940457
>Full ambi/or left handed
Southpaw scum

>.357 sig
laughingsluts.jpg

>Low bore axis
First good thing to want

>Reliability
No shit? You want a good gun, anon?

My answer is settle for something else. The pistol you're describing is for a hyperfaggot hipster with way too much time on his hands.
>>
Don't worry too much about bore axis. It doesn't make anywhere near the difference you think it does.
>>
>>34940457
I don't think anything exists stock that hits all of your requirements. Take a look at .40sw conversions to .357sig. I've never seen one, but did a quick google search, and supposedly there are CZ variant conversion possibilities.
>>
>>34943149
It's not a huge concern, but it's an interesting look and is still advantageous
>>
>>34943170
the only conversion necessary for 40 to 357 is a barrel and *possibly* a recoil spring

as for CZ conversions, nobody has 357 cz/tanfo/941 pattern barrels ready to go anymore, its a custom job now.
>godammit, EFK
>>
>>34943066
These aren't life and death requirements, just preferences.
I am a lefty lol, and it is bothersome to see everything right handed. I would just suck it up and use my right, but my left hand's reflexes and muscles are almost twice as fast as my right, so it would only make sense to use it
>>
>>34940457
>.357 sig
>Reliability
>A DA/SA external hammer system would be nice
>Size isn't a huge focus, I'm tall with a thin frame so I could practically cc a c96, and I'd rather have a bulkier heavy pistol than something like an LCP
Pretty much just sig.

>Low bore axis
>striker is fine too
Glock and Steyr both make pretty good striker fired .357s. The steyr has particularly low BORE AXIS BRAND BORE AXIS so that might be up your alley, they were discontinued a little bit back though.

TL DR: A gun that does all of those things does not to my knowledge exist. Which is a shame because i honestly like .357 sig and all of the things you listed besides being ambi.
>>
>>34943226
word of wisdom from someone who is left eye dominate and right handed, shoot pistols righty. taking time to learn to shoot differently than what comes naturally makes everything cheaper.
>>
>>34940831
This seriously piques my interest.

>>34941925
>I wanna be able to shoot it by pulling the trigger, not dropping it lol.
I wouldn't seriously buy into that meme. In 6 mo here it's not going to be a thing with the p320s, and it never was a thing for any of the other p series.

>I want the low bore axis as there's less muzzle flip.
If you're gonna carry and this is your primary concern then go with the steyr. If it's for HD or mostly range use then frankly a comped glock might handle recoil better but I'm not sure anyone even makes those in the right caliber.

I can't be the only person who thinks a rowland special in .357S or 9mm dillon would be the bee's knees, right? only problem would be the ear raping loudness.

>>34942510
is- is that a death penguin?
>>
>>34942510
>two warnings for the price of one
>>
I wish Wolf would start making 357 sig instead of .40, if they even sponsored some company to partner release some decent $100~150 drop in barrels for popular guns like cz75s, M&Ps, lolxDs, etc. we could see a bitchin change in the gun market
>>
>>34943283
And for long guns?

I'm in the same boat.
>left eye dominant
>shoot pistols right handed
>shoot long guns left handed
>just fuck my battle belt up senpai
>>
>>34943375
>drop in barrels
the problem with that is the pressure. general rule of thumb is that if the pistol is made for 10mm, you can swap the barrel for 357sig. even still though 357sig still outputs pressure as max pressure is SAAMI rated at 40,000 psi; for comparison 9mm and 40 s&w is rated at 35,000. beretta has even gone out and said that beretta users should not buy 357sig barrels for 96's because of the possibility of a blow out.
>>
>>34943403
same guy. i shoot long guns lefty. i like to justify it by saying i can transition to my sidearm quicker or being able to observe the chamber without unseating the butt stock. in reality though i can shoot long guns just as well righty as long as the sight isn't too far forward.
>>
>>34943470
yeah, I was afraid of that. Didn't want to look into it because in the back of my mind i kind of figured that was the case.
>so we're looking at higher quality barrel steel requiring higher cost of tooling, for probably $275-300 at the very lowest.
>plus a change of locking face, if thats even possible,
>and a no-go for the majority of poly and a lot of alloy framed guns
fuck this gay earth
>>
>>34940457
https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz-pistols-custom/cz-75-b-357-sig-custom.html

Here you go OP, though your meme doesn't come cheap.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.