[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/, in exactly one month I will start serving in the Estonian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

Hello /k/, in exactly one month I will start serving in the Estonian army for 8 months (conscription).

I am looking for tips to survive it and specifically tips on what kind of own equipment to bring. I would really appreciate anything that our Finnish brothers can tell me as our military/climate is the nearly the same.

I have already decided to order tons of merino socks/underwear from varusteleka and some red-light headlamps

tl;dr: going to conscription, what do I bring with me?
>>
>>34939652
Don't drop the soap and on the first day find the biggest guy and knock him out also if you find candy on your pillow don't eat it.
>>
>>34939660
hurr durr fuck off
>>
File: 1502396879979m.jpg (126KB, 559x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502396879979m.jpg
126KB, 559x1024px
A knife, a wristwatch (image related) and a lighter are must have items. Shit to eat while innawoods. Stuff to read in thr barracks.

A multitool can be useful. You really don't need much because the army provides for you.

Regards, finnish second lieutenant.
>>
>>34939680

Off topic, but are finnish girls all insane? I only met one but she would bite hard into my neck and shoulders every time she orgasmed. Hard enough to free flow blood.

Also hang in there brother. -Worst Gook 1LT
>>
>>34939680
F91W is not waterproof. DW-5600/5610 is clearly a better choice plus they are much more durable
>>
>>34939708
That sounds hot as fuck desu
>>
>>34939766
Nah senpai
>>
>>34939652
You will most likely use Swedish equipment (rifles AT weapons, trucks etc.

Feel free to ask anything if you want to, I did my conscription (in Sweden) a couple of years ago.
>>
>>34939708
That's clearly a zombie that bit you.
>>
>>34939708
>Off topic, but are finnish girls all insane?

Yes. The only finnish girl I know is literally insane
>>
>>34940399
Great sample size there >>34940396
>>
File: 3330358ef8aa24382d.jpg (42KB, 331x900px) Image search: [Google]
3330358ef8aa24382d.jpg
42KB, 331x900px
>>34939652
>I have already decided to order tons of merino socks/underwear from varusteleka
Pic related are great, the Finnish issue underwear consists of not-very-moisture-wicking polycotton t-shirts and boxers which are all stretched out and fit like shit. A couple of sets of these from Varusteleka really improved my quality of life.

Other really useful stuff:
>wristwatch
>puukko
>multi tool
>boresnake
>good gloves

I don't know what kind of gloves you are issued, but at least in Finland we got these really, really shitty gardening gloves which are total crap (compensation price for a lost pair is 0,70 euro, nuff said). So if you suffer the same fate I would recommend surplus Bundeswehr nomex gloves, really good for the price.

A puukko is also a much smarter choice since you mostly use a knife for "survival" stuff and all normal little tasks. Cool fighting knives designed for killing people are rarely good for that kind of work, but a puukko can of course also be used to tickle our eastern neighbours if they decide to come and visit.
>>
>>34940391
did you use the Ak4?
>>
File: ak4snitt.jpg (606KB, 2778x1303px) Image search: [Google]
ak4snitt.jpg
606KB, 2778x1303px
>>34940471
Yep. And I have used it after that too.
>>
>>34939708
Yeah they are great, I wish we had more here in the states
>>
>>34939652
>8 months
>tips to survive
8 months? You ought to be able to survive 8 months on fire. What the hell do you need advice for?
>>
File: fdf_snipers.png (941KB, 846x429px) Image search: [Google]
fdf_snipers.png
941KB, 846x429px
>>34939652

- Documentation on military service, vaccinations etc. You know, the usual paperwork.

- Talcum powder, blister band aids, sports tape, dexpanthenol. These all help to prevent abrasions that are easy to get!

- Knife, multitool, flashlight, lighter. Maybe a folding saw, but you can probably manage without it too.

- Wrist watch, phone, charger, rechargeable battery. Bonus: extension cord, because there's never enough sockets for 10 guys to share at the same time.

Also, keeping the knife sharp is fun because it's used to do so many ordinary tasks. Some kind of small sharpening stone could be a minor comfort:

https://images.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/lansky/images/LSLCDOG.jpg
>>
>>34940479
any tips regarding cleaning it etc?
>>
>>34940551

The first thing to know is to never go full retard with it, thats just useless in all situations.

Then regarding cleaning, make sure you get the extractor spring (I think thats the correct term) out, and clean the extractor good, thats one of the spots that attract a lot of stuff and can jam it.
>>
>>34940508
t. Assmad gook that did two years
>>
>>34940625
guk
>>
>>34939652
Darn Tough Men's Merino Wool socks. there are a few guys on here and that shitty /out/ that swear by them. or good wool hiking socks.

good tooth powder/toothpaste, its stupid but a morale thing.

nalgene bottles with humangear capcap lids. you will thank me. a bottle brush for it.

first aid shit for your private stash
visine or equal type eye drops.
Biggest bottles of ibuprofin you can score.
Emergen-c type drink powder for when people get sick and you dont want to. tangerine flavor is legit. neosporin ointment.
powder for your feet, ass and balls.
put deodorant in in the crease of your legs and your ass before maneuvers.
baby wipes for the shitter
>>
>>34939652
Good tips ITT. Also, bring a couple of carton of smokes, you can sell a pack for 20 yuros to idiots who smoke way too much.
>>
File: IMG_20170822_193717.jpg (346KB, 2131x1131px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170822_193717.jpg
346KB, 2131x1131px
As somebody who went in for 11 months, I can give you these tips from firsthand experience.
Get a leatherman multitool, lamp, phone bank, your own portable cooking set, get special soles for your boots, if you have a really comfy pair of running shoes take those, buy more shirts - green ofcourse, more hygiene shit than you can imagine - all kinds of skin care creams and what nots, plastic bags and trash bags, buy a electric shaving razor and get a dozen spare blades, monocle or binoculars - would suggest monocle since that is smaller and fits better, buy a gun cleaning kit for your gun - probably gallil so 5.56 , markers and small notebooks, compass, tape - electrical, duct and painters, small things from home to raise morale, lighters, small plastic cover bag to cover your backpack, buy your own camo - get the cream that comes in tubes all other hurts your face.

More tips - wear 3 pairs of socks when on long marches : silk socks, regular socks and then woolen socks on top of that. Better to sweat than walk your legs bloody because you don't know how to walk yet.
- accept before hand that a lot of the time it feels like bullshit and that the CO is just fucking with you.
- don't make enemies and don't start fights, life is easier when people don't fuck with you all the time.
- accept that a lot of people are idiots and some of them are assholes, nothing to be done about it.
- volunteer for everything - it makes the CO look at you in a better light and you learn many things.
- keep ears open in the smoke corner, officers there have loose lips.
-don't whine, it does not make anything easier and just makes you look like a bitch.
- don't slack off, it just makes your life Harder later on.
>>
>>34939652

The nail that sticks out gets hammered. Just keep your head down and do what you're told to do.
>>
>>34941159

This. I would recommend Jalas FX2 insoles. When it comes to cleaning kit a boresnake makes things easier.
>>
File: havu_01.jpg (607KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
havu_01.jpg
607KB, 1000x750px
>>34939652
The most important things:
>Puukko
>Watch
>Gloves
>Good attitude

Remember that everything is fun. Even the things that aren't fun are actually fun. Never complain, do as you're told and don't try to slack off.

Also ask, if you can use your own boots. The issued ones usually aren't very good and may cause problems.

A small bag of dry tinder will save you at some point. I always had a little birch bark in a plastic bag in my chest rig.
>>
>>34940543
>lighter
Matches are more reliable.
>>
1. Mark all your things. Ask first, but it should be first initial, last name then number. There are those who steal and they will steal anything not bolted down, and many things that are.
2. Forget anything expensive or that you don't want to break. Leave it all at home
3. If it's not on the list don't take it. There's a list. Leave all the Rambo stuff at home.
4. Don't take things you don't know how to use. If someone says "take foot tape and powder", ask them how to use it. Don't be the person who has his socks full of powder that turns to sludge, which then blisters the feet he's wrapped in zinc oxide tape. Same with anything else medical.
5. Show up for things five minutes early. If they say 06:00 they mean 05:55. Don't get there earlier, though.
6. Any time you get should be spent doing your admin, not on your phone to your girlfriend.
7. Break up with your girlfriend.
8. Help each other out with stuff. If you are good at ironing, show the others how to iron if they ask. You will be in sections/platoons. Focus on yours being the best. Not to impress the instructors (they will not be impressed), but it will make everything easier.
9. Quit smoking if you haven't already.
10. Enjoy it.
>>
>>34941184
Depends. You'll stick out more, if you always try to go unnoticed. At least I give those guys more work until they start volunteering. You can stick out in a good or bad way.
>>
>>34939652
>what do I bring with me?
lube, lots of it. also the russians are coming very soon.
>>
>>34943617
+30₽
>>
>>34939652
if you have anything personal don't share it with others for example note books you will probably get it back fucked up

also toilet paper if you lend it out only give them some of the papper not the whole roll

also make sure you have a good lock on your locker or some cunt will steal shit from you
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.