[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Last night I drunk ordered a cold steel gladius. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 61boHiUBs+L._SY355_.jpg (9KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
61boHiUBs+L._SY355_.jpg
9KB, 355x355px
Last night I drunk ordered a cold steel gladius. I don't know anything about gladiuses or bladed weapons in general. Tell me everything I need to know about swords and knives and shit.

Also is cold steel any good?
>>
>>34930422
you probably paid ~$25 for it

What do you expect?
>>
It's a machete not a sword, don't expect to much. Not a bad machete though
>>
>>34930422
Cold Steel is good quality for the price. You can beat the hell out of them and they'll stay in alright shape.

Suggestion, sharpen it. For whatever reason machetes are sometimes shipped dulled. Thing is, they're covered in a shit ton of packaging so it's hard to stab someone with it while it's in the box.
>>
>>34930422
>Tell me everything I need to know about swords and knives and shit.
Go to the knife general faggot.

Is ctrl+f not a thing that people know anymore?
>>
Cold Steel's okay. You get what you pay for with the cheaper stuff. Their folding knives are good.

Their machetes tend to be the victim of shitty quality control, but their customer service department can fix your issues if you send it back. Just be aware you might have to. They come dull as shit and sometimes have the problems you'd expect for a <$25 machete, like poor edge geometry.

Good luck getting that fucking sticker off.
>>
>>34930422
It's just a full tang machete. Enjoy hacking at shit to your hearts content.
>>
Do they do replicas? I wanna duel my friends
>>
>>34930422
It's actually a very solid machete. Cold steel's swords are not that good though. They usually have a lot of factory blemishes, they're too heavy, or the hilt assembly is poor.
>>
>>34930422
it was used in a stabbing in new york once
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/White-Supremacist-NYC-Sword-Killing-Indicted-Murder-Terrorism-417219563.html
>>
>>34932225
Pretty sure they do a trainer version of it. I know they do for some knives and axes and I think I saw a gladius a while back
>>
>>34932263
Eh, I don't mind heavy, what do you mean hilt assembly is poor? Haven't ever handled one, genuinely curious.
>>
>>34930422
It might not be legal to carry around double edged blades where you are (aka daggers). In such case, be careful where you choose to use it. Other than that, looks like it's 1055 steel--not particularly hard, but extremely tough. Should be able to beat the shit out of it with no issues. If you have some form of mineral oil, a very light coating will keep it from corroding.
>>
File: IMG_8229.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8229.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I have this exact same sword. It's a good branch chopper.
>>
>>34930422
It's not too late to cancel your order.
>>
cancel that and get a seargents halberd instead
>>
>>34934648
The hilt assembly becomes loose.
>>
File: Smatchet_use1.gif (16KB, 508x371px) Image search: [Google]
Smatchet_use1.gif
16KB, 508x371px
Cold Steel is pretty good. Just their marketing is kinda cringy.

I've had their Smatchet machete for several years now and chopped much brush with it.
>>
Should've got the cutlass/10
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.