[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How far can /k/ shoot a 10 inch plate 9/10 times with their AR15?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

How far can /k/ shoot a 10 inch plate 9/10 times with their AR15?

I've got an old 16 inch BCM with a vortex 1-6x I finally got to shoot yesterday at 380 yards and once I found the drop and roughly where to account for the 5-15mph wind I could score a little less than half the time with it. The barrel is chrome lined but it's a 1 1/8 moa consistent gun with cheap Tula 55 grain HP. I've got a variex6 4-18x laying around until I finish a long range build, think it's worth putting it on and practicing with it until I get the build done in 7-8 weeks now that I have a range?
>>
I''m too poor for optics so I can get 9/10 with irons at about 130yds max.
>>
>>34929825
I hit 10/10 on 500 yd line in the cream corn

m16a4 with an acog
>>
>>34929830

That's not too bad depending on the size of the plate and quality of the build anon. Unless you have fine, thin iron sights it can be difficult. Probably better than a lot of people on here, especially those who buy but don't shoot.

Related, I took a stock SKS out during the end of the day when the wind calmed down and both my brother and I could do 2/10 after we got the hold over.

>>34929846

Close friend is in the marine core and he's not by any means a braggart but reports similar hits with his better guys and him. I think you use a bigger plate and at least nicer ammunition through a longer gun but he doesn't know how true that is either? I know he's a better shot than me, I'm new to this, I've always done handguns or fudd rifles within 150 yards before. My dad never liked handguns so naturally thats where my obsession went but after he retired he got really into long range shooting and everything is black and gucci now that he owns and Im trying to learn from him every chance I get now that i live within a hundred miles. It's fucking satisfying shooting that far and I can't stop thinking about it.
>>
>>34929947
what type of SKS is it? I have a chinese one, and the front sight is so goddamn wide it's unbelievable. every AK I've used has had better sights.
>>
>>34929830

Save, everyone needs one long range gun. A 6.5 creedmore tikka t3x will be a sub moa gun, be of high quality out of the box, and use a short action which is preferable for any aftermarket parts unless you have to have a magnum caliber. You can get it, good mounts, and a decent glass for ~$1500 and if you ever want to upgrade the rifle, probably won't need to, parts are there and the glass can be moved down to a lesser gun.

Related is 6.5x47 t3x in x-ray stock and uses AI mags.
>>
>>34930012
maybe I live out in the desert like you, my friend. where I live it's very hilly.

don't get me wrong, I think long range shooting would be a great thing to learn, but A) I have nowhere to practice it, and B) in the event I were hunting here, or in the VERY unlikely event I needed to defend myself with a rifle, the shooting distance could almost never be greater than 400m.
>>
>>34929961

Yugo SKS, friend has Chinese and I've never thought to compare but I'd believe it's fatter. I used the meter notch at 400 meters so I had to aim under a bit. I think that's much harder with the notch covering, I've had a huge issue with that type of thing in the past shooting archery where I have up on getting my groups any smaller without getting a new sight.

>>34930024

If you don't have somewhere to shoot it's understandable, that much for a toy you never get to use is a poor investment. I started like you, I live around the brush dense and hilly area of the Arkansas-Arizona border but recently I got lucky and met a few nice guys with farms that all said I can hunt on them and I'd like to be able to hunt across several states. It's a money hobby but a really satisfying one only if you have a place to do it. Ask around and meet people, even if you don't have the gun to do it it's fun just to try when you get the chance, good luck anon.
>>
>>34930278

Arkansas-oklahoma border I visit Arizona for hunting though
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.