[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can it be as good as a glock if they have to make them this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_2017-08-21-01-02-06.png (193KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-21-01-02-06.png
193KB, 540x960px
How can it be as good as a glock if they have to make them this cheap and add free stuff to sell them?
>>
bcuz good guy s&w
>>
>>34928858
How the fuck is it that cheap?
>>
>>34929312
arent they phasing em out for the 2.0
>>
>>34929315
9mm Gen 2 glocks used still cost more
>>
>>34929315
What's so special about the 2.0?
>>
>>34929325
Aggressive grip texture, 17 interchangeable backstraps, it's "2.0"

I shot the new one yesterday, very nice to shoot.
>>
>>34929325
Trigger doesn't suck like the Gen 1 models.
>>
>>34928858
I feel that they're giving dealers incentive to sell and get rid of their stock before fully moving to the 2.0. Could be the same deal with the Shield. I keep hearing they might be doing a Shield 2.0 as well.
>>
>>34928858
Kek, Ruger 9es are better than s&w
>>
Msrp>street price>dealer price>manufacturing cost

That's how. Most guns cost a whole lot less than what the sell for because that how capitalism works. Glocks cost fuck all to produce which is part of why they were able to aggressively go after police contracts and this can be seen in the current AR market as well
>>
>>34928858
Are S&W's M&P really good pistols, or are S&W just really good at marketing them to law enforcement?
>>
>>34928858
I bought a shield 45 as my carry piece for about $250 and honestly it's pretty great. The fit and finish is great, the trigger is pretty good, and the grip and texture kicks ass. My only complaint are the damn mags but other than that it's a solid gun for dirt cheap.
>>
Because it isn't.
>>
I want to pick up at M&P 2.0 but I've seen some pretty consistent rust issues on shields and M&Ps. A number of people have had problems with rust in the internals and slide. Is this overblown or is SW cutting corners?
>>
>>34930342
It's this, they want to phase out the old ones. Same reason Smith keeps running rebates and shit on Shields
>>
>>34931775
that Shield 2.0 rumor might have just been the Shield .45 but who knows until they release more info.
>>
>>34931119
what don't you like about the mags? is it that they're gritty and unpolished?
>>
>>34931119

Agree, they're a great gun. What's your gripe with the mags?
>>
>>34931119
Yeah they should use glock mags
>>
>>34930966

They are good and bad.

Many of the parts have seam marks from the molds, and will snap there

the 9mm can't hold a good group at 25 yards

Trigger was mushy mess when they first came out, but has been improved somewhat

best grip insert system out there

reliable

40's are pretty decent and often cheap
>>
>>34928858

Because Glocks are overpriced as fuck to begin with. Literally the Kimber of polymer pistols. IIRC most glock models only cost about $60 to produce to the company. Even at $300 S&W is probably still making 300-400% profit
>>
>>34929325
snappy shots
>>
>>34931236
smother it with oil
>>
>>34931236
Never had rust issues with my M&P45,
and I've carried it for years.
That said Glock frames are more robust, the M&P frame, while sound, scratches and mars easier.

All in all however the M&P45 is still one of the best .45's on the market, only being beat in reliability by the HK guns, exceeding the G21 and FNX
>>
>>34931236
had a mp9c and shield for 3 years, never had a speck of rust after a lot of daily carry
>>
>>34933524
>>34933540
I've seen a few where the people carrying them were sweating on the pistol and rust coloration was appearing in the cracks of the polymer like around the mag release button from the intervals rusting. Good to hear y'all have had a positive experience
>>
>>34928858
Same reason why people STILL buy Apple products.

Because consumers get complacent with the the baseline brand and then the market gets totally polarized.
>>
>>34933445
Probably not THAT much...

>Make for say $60
>sell to a distributor for 100
>distributor sells to a store for say 250
>store sells to you for $350-500

M&P probably is only a net profit margin of maybe 100% at most. Hefty, but not huge.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.