/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've liked the idea of this alarm clock since I first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

So I've liked the idea of this alarm clock since I first saw it. You have to shoot the target to turn off the alarm. Along with seeming like a fun way to start the day, it seems lint having to consciously aim will wake you up more than slapping a button. Only reason I didn't buy it years ago is I read it's shit and you can shoot in any random direction to turn it off.
But I was thinking of this again today, and it seems to me if I made one where I had to actually hit the target with, say, an airsoft gun, this would be good home defense training built until your daily routine. You'd get practice going from a dead sleep to reaching for and firing your gun. My only concern is if someone ever actually does break in, I'd reach for the airsoft by habit.
What do you guys think?
>>
>>34924203
I wear glasses. Putting it far enough away from my bed to allow for a challenge would render it impossible for me to read the time if I'm in bed.
>>
This will be cool until one day you wake up half-drunk on your day off and you have to smash the damn thing to get back to sleep.
>>
>>34924232
The target doesn't necessarily have to be by the clock, as long as it's connected
>>
>>34924203
I am imagining being half asleep and discharging my bedside gun. I don't think mixing gun movements with non gun movements is a great idea.
>>
>>34926850
>*BANG CRASH BANG*
>You have been waiting for this day, you grab your bedside pistol.
>You creep to your stairs and look down whilst checking the upstairs room, they are all closed and safe.
>You hear boots downstairs, they are getting closer to you,
>You see Dayquan turn the corner looking up the stairs, now frozen in place by a man pointing a gun at him
>"FREEZE, HANDS UP"
>He looks at you holding a pure white lazer gun
>He begins to charge you
>You pull the trigger, aiming for centre mass
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.
>Your alarm clock is now beeping since you missed a shot.
>The intruder thinks you have activated some super advanced security system/robot
>The intruder legs it out of the house.
>You go back to sleep knowing you are safe.
>BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.
>You begin spraying the alarm target with your toy gun
>You hear the screams of you children who now have been shot through the wall
>>
>>34924203
Put you alarm clock on the other side of the room ya dingus.
>>
File: gun-kata.jpg (74KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
gun-kata.jpg
74KB, 500x334px
>>34924203
>put the target on an actuator of some kind so it moves about the room erratically.
>slowly get better and better
>eventually ascend the mortal plane and become the /k/ube's champion of the pistol.

pic related.
>>
>>34924203
Buy 5mw ir laser, a bunch of ir photodiodes, an arduino clone and some wood to make a gun shape.
Bang, you just got yourself a 10 bucks laser gun-target that actually requires you to aim.
Add in an rtc module and a buzzer and you have your alarm clock.
>>
>>34924203
i saw one of these on alibaba or something and all the reviews basically said it worked but they didnt like it as much as a normal alarm clock and the method in >>34928680

its also not airsoft, its a light gun iirc
>>
>>34924232
Irs an alarm clock m8, it will be whatever time you set it for
>>
>>34931002
Fucking logic
>>
>>34924203
I think you're legitimately retarded. also noguns.
>>
https://www.laserlyte.com/

they exist
>>
>>34930234
RTC modules are fucking trash, basic GPS modules are far better. Less setup too, just use the clock data off the GPS and apply a timezone modifier.
>>
>>34924203

It seems fun...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.