[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you get in trouble if you fitted a roomba with a shotgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
Would you get in trouble if you fitted a roomba with a shotgun and programmed it to shoot intruders, and then it successfully did shoot an intruder?

Are there any laws against creating your own defense system?
>>
>>34923865
yes there are laws against setting traps. first responders get upset when they fall prey to them.
>>
>>34923865
how are you going to program it to not shoot you

stoopid
>>
>>34923876
Have some sort of remote that has a don't shoot signal
>>
What if instead of a roomba it was a fan
>>
>>34923865
Yes, technically a spring trap. at least in my jurisdiction.

Most places have similar laws, if it isn't a person using potentially lethal force then it's illegal.
>>
>>34923865
How will a roomba even fit in your house OP? ARE YOU DTUPID?
>>
>>34923883
>what are dead batteries
>>
so does this mean I can't have that car alarm system that shoots criminals
>>
>>34923865
Lethal traps are illegal, but nobody would grieve over a bum that breaks into people's houses. It would be better to make something that shoots poison darts or sprays acid though. Loud bangs would attract attention.
>>
Robots are not your slave meat sack
>>
Does anyone have the pasta about a /k/ommando killing a beautiful hitchhiker who loved his anime collection on accident with his anti burgler trap?
>>
Google the case of Katko v. Briney. TL;DR, you might be liable for injuries. This isn't legal advice.
>>
post roombas
>>
File: Sentry_Gun_Monsoon_model_BOII.png (875KB, 1226x1204px) Image search: [Google]
Sentry_Gun_Monsoon_model_BOII.png
875KB, 1226x1204px
Wait, is it a trap if you control it remotely? Like if you have a sentry gun that you have to hit a button to shoot it?
>>
>>34923963
This sounds like the premise of an always sunny episode
>>
Motion sensor hooked up to turboloud alarms and blinding bright lights would be my initial best thought for a home defence system, confuse the shit out of possible intruders and scare them off.
Most burglars are petty criminals who are scared shitless at the first sign of trouble
I don't know how much more you can do before stepping into illegal traps.
>>
>>34925855
fire up contraption
JRT mounts contraption and humps it to death
end of story
>>
>>34923865
Because of your pic I read it like this https://vocaroo.com/i/s1bkDlZRqHKv
>>
>>34928520
>what is a dog
best home defense system, we bred them for a reason. even little yippy dogs will piss off a robber enough to make him run. plus you get to use the beware of dog sign for even more deterrence.
>>
>>34925119
What if I use bums as traps?
Like attack bums?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.