[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So are the S400 and S500 the absolute best of the best ABM SAM

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: s400.jpg (323KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
s400.jpg
323KB, 1280x853px
So are the S400 and S500 the absolute best of the best ABM SAM systems currently in existence?

Do they have any peers anywhere?
>>
>>34922947
Yes
No they don't
best american patriot doesn't even come close
>>
Yeah, but only because other countries really aren't as paranoid about airspace security as Russians are.

Europeans have decent SAM systems whereas Americans have all of their good system on ships. They've never had to worry about a homeland invasion so they dont really focus on long range land based SAM systems
>>
>>34922947
It literally doesnt matter how good they are, they arent american, therefore theyre shit compared to anything american
>>
>>34922947
No. Russia should just buy Chin- oh wait!
>>
>>34922947
I don't think it's that much of a surprise when you consider Russia's strong focus on SAM systems.
>>
>>34923553
>>34923584
Fuck off faggots. There are countries in the world apart from America and Russia and some of them also manufacture sam systems so let's also consider those countries
>>
>>34922947
Pick up rock.

Throw rock at plane.

If far away throw harder.
>>
>implying /k/ knows anything about surface to air missiles

Im not sure why you expect this from a board full of people who own $150 pistols
>>
>>34922947
the latest bloc of US Standard Missiles are roughly equivalent in capabilities for ABM.

Unless you're in naval intelligence or the fucking CIA I doubt you'd be able to make an intelligent comparison, though. Lots of classified shit on both sides.
>>
>>34922947
That'd be AEGIS and AEGIS ashore.
>>
>>34922947
What's the point when US has stealth planes?
>>
>>34923782
SPY-1 a best.
t. EW
>>
>>34922947
ABM SAM? hahahaha, no, it is in no way optimized for shooting down ballistic missiles unlike THAAD, SM3, SM6, etc.

Best all around SAM? Yeah. If you can only have one system to deal with all threats, this is probably the best.
>>
Wars are battles of systems of systems. Individual systems matter, but less than noobs think.

As drones, swarms of drones, then autonomous intelligent swarms of cheap drones proliferate EVERY military power will be scrambling to plug the holes.

The best part? /g/ gets better drones off Alibaba.
>>
>>34922947
For SAM work they do a great job, at least inside its native price/performance envelope. For ABM work you can do better with a variate of western systems.

>>34923795
For whacking the many thousands of NATO aircraft that don't have stealth, rather than the few hundred that do. Or for killing the 3rd gen shitcraft used by the local rivals of potential export customers.

>>34923827
All this will do is bring back the SPAAG.
>>
>General purpose SAM
The S400 is excellent
>ABM SAM
Way behind specialized use SAMs like what the Yanks have been throwing billions are for the last 2 decades. I'm not even an American but I can confidently tell you that the missiles the S400 is equipped with arent HtK warhead hunters. There's a reason why the Russians immediately started work on the S500
>>
>>34922947
>s400
>s500
>best abm

No. S500 still hasn't even entered production yet.
>>
Reality check - S300/400 has never been used against a real target, never fired shot "in anger", never shot down anything but a target drone during training. That is all.
>>
>>34924132
Reality check - F35 has never been used against a real target, never fired shot "in anger", never shot down anything but a target drone during training. That is all.
>>
>>34924132
Reality check - nuclear icbm has never been used against a real target, never fired shot "in anger", never shot down anything but a target house during training. That is all.
>>
>>34924149
But no one in here is talking about the F35 you penis slobbering gobshite. This is a thread about anti-ballistic missile SAMs
>>
>>34924158
Reality check - *Techname* has never been used against a real target, never fired shot "in anger", never shot down anything but a target *Targetname* during training. That is all.
>>
>>34924173
Reality check - Your mum is currently down at the local mosque offering blowjobs for 10 quid to pay for your autism medication
>>
>>34924189
Reality check - Your life is worthless
>>
>>34924149

False. Israeli F35 engaged ground targets in Syria.
>>
>>34924239
hehe, good one. Now he has to contradict the Russian story about F-35's being when the vaunted S-400 couldn't stop israeli air raids or admit he was wrong here.
>>
>>34924261
Speak english, slavshit. S400 were never fired on F35s or anything else.
>>
>>34923799
SM-6 has ABM capability, but it's also for use against aircraft and cruise missiles, unlike SM-3 and THAAD.
>>
>>34922947
That would be GBI.

Also, the best Russian ABM is the ABM-3, thanks to its use of a 10kt warhead.
>>
>>34924323
re-read my post, or do I need to parse the sentence for you to comprehend?

>Now he has to contradict the Russian story about F-35's being when the vaunted S-400 couldn't stop israeli air raids or admit he was wrong here.
First two months ago, the Russian MoD and the Syrian government claimed that the failure of theS-400 system to prevent bombing raids on damascus was because the Israelis were using F-35s. No where in there do I or they say that the S-400 was ever fired; however, the russian story is that F-35's have been used in AtG combat. This guy >>34924149 appears to be a vatnik who is trying to claim that since both the S-400 and F-35 haven't been used in combat, that it is only as good as the S-400, as well as implying that the S-400 is great.

Now as a vatnik, he has a choice, believe the russian party line about the F-35, and admit he is wrong here, or admit that the Russian story was a lie, or most likely use double think to assert that two contradictory things are both true.
>>
>>34924584
Now, that you explained who you are addressing in what part of your argument, I agree with you.
>>
>>34924221
All life is worthless, whats your point?
>>
>>34922947
Yes. The s400 and s500 are the best SAM systems out right now.
>>
>>34925663

> Not even terminal active homing with OTH capability.

SM-6 is the best SAM system out there right now
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.