[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get into black powder/ cap and ball stuff? I was thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault (2).jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
49KB, 480x360px
How do you get into black powder/ cap and ball stuff? I was thinking of picking up an Uberti 1851 navy.
>>
>>34919647
Be a felon who can't into real guns.
>>
You just buy them. I think they can even be shipped directly to your door step.
>>
>>34919670
Thanks reddit
I'm asking where to get ammo, what i should start with, some tips.
>>
>>34919647
modern muzzleloaders seem pretty fun and not so messy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqS1PD6BuP4
>>
>>34919647
A couple relevant YT channels for those lacking agency
https://www.youtube.com/user/capandball/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/britishmuzzleloaders/videos
>>
>>34919647
I would suggest a muzzle loader, they are common and cheap, gives you a good feel for black powder weapons.
>>
File: Whitworth Rifle.jpg (71KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
Whitworth Rifle.jpg
71KB, 640x349px
shooting the Whitworth rifle at 1,500 yards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fGolpACPWU
>>
>>34919737
Thanks
>>
>>34919647
Anyone buy those blunderbuss kits from traditions? How are they
>>
File: IMG_7169.jpg (740KB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7169.jpg
740KB, 3072x2304px
>>34919647
Big-box stores like Bass Pro and Cabela's have a decent selection of blackpowder supplies such as balls and caps but do not carry genuine blackpowder. For most folks, the replica powders such as Pyrodex and Triple 7 will do just fine. Uberti revolver nipples seem to fit somewhere between size 10 and 11, I've found Remington #10 and CCI #11 both fit but you may still need to 'pinch' the cap skirts to ensure they stay put. The instructions that come with the Uberti pistols will outline safe loads but make sure to check the details of the powder you choose to see how it compares grain-to-grain to blackpowder. True blackpowder is hard to find as it's classified as an explosive rather than a flammable solid (like smokeless powder).

The biggest problem I run into with my blackpowder revolvers is finding a place to shoot them. The majority of ranges I've been to don't allow blackpowder as open powder containers are fire hazards.
>>
>>34919988
>True blackpowder is hard to find as it's classified as an explosive rather than a flammable solid (like smokeless powder).
That shit never ceases to be retarded since the opposite is actually true
>>
Im also in the market for an 1851 navy, i heard kinos getting a remake and its reinspired my interests in them. Is uberti still the gold standard or are there other companies i should look at?
Are any of the .38 conversions actually good? As much as i like blackpowder theres some days i just dont feel like dealing with it and the cyclinder conversions seem like a neat way to shoot more. I also have a hardon for literally everything in .38.

>>34919988
>>34920005
Ive never had a problem getting the real stuff at bass pro or cabelas, usually i just have to adk at the counter because they keep it in the back. I prefer it to pyrodex but either work fine.
>>
>>34920181
None of the stores around me carry actual black powder - just the substitutes. There's only one place within 60 miles of me that sells black powder.
>>
>>34920964
That sucks. I cant remember the last place around me that sold blackpowder stuff but not actual blackpowder.
What do you have? My dads got both right now but i have some no name kit rifle thats a blast. Hes got some pistol thats ok, i prefer rifles though.
>>
>>34919699
consider suicide
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.