[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I work as a delivery driver in a bad neighborhood, there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 11.jpg (518KB, 1280x955px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
518KB, 1280x955px
Hi,

I work as a delivery driver in a bad neighborhood, there have been robberies and there are a lot of junkies on these streets. I will not define the nature of the assailants, nor the forms of attack as I do not want to get political.

I simply would like to find a gun that is reliable enough to perhaps save my life one of these days, and also very concealable as I would get fired if any of coworkers found out that I am carrying. Maybe something slim that could fit into a pocket. Or something that I could easily slide into a hidden holster every time I leave to make a delivery.

I guess in this situation it's stealthiness over caliber, but definitely would prefer reliability over anything.

I am also considering strongly having a much higher caliber handgun hidden inside the vehicle.

Right now I use pic related for practice shooting, and I like the way it feels in my grip.
>>
>>34919347
Go for a smaller sized glock. Easy to conceal and ones like the g26(9mm), g33(357sig) and so on have magazine compatability with the large assault sticks.

Don't worry about keeping a firearm in the vehicle as it could happen that it gets stolen from.or with the vehicle.

Personally I carry a g26 with a magpul 12 or 21 round magazine, appendix with a tlr 6

Light isn't necessary but the holster works amazingly well: https://trex-arms.com/store/raptor-appendix-holster/
>>
>>34919347
I'm a G26fag like >>34919393 but if you want reliable and pocket carry depending on your pants and how tight you wear them look st the G43 or a hammerless revolver. Odds are if you need it after the first shot or two the nigs will disperse.
>>
>>34919393
>>34919405

I like the g26. How do you carry it, round in chamber?

I am also concerned that when I am inside somebody might bump into me and feel it on my body or perhaps notice protrusion when I am doing some activity inside.

Should I just keep it in the car when I go inside and slip it into the holster when I leave for a delivery? Could having a holster alone get me fired?

I really wish things were different in this area, but it's the way it goes, I just feel completely vulnerable lately especially since I deliver as late as 2 AM at times, and to shitty motels/hotels too.

Not too long ago one of the drivers in the same area but from a different store got robbed at knife point. I just want to be prepared.
>>
>>34919448
If you're gonna carry a gun, keep it on you in position at all times. The g26 with a 12 round allows for a pinky extension without jutting out too much.

Ita not like the movies where a gun appears out of nowhere, even the smallest gun will have some bulk and you kinda learn to keep the side you carry away from others a bit at least with bumping through crowds,l. However most people aren't smart.

So long as you aren't visibly printing a gun outline due skin tight clothea and don't have people fondling you, you should be okay.

Also round in chamber with the tlr on the light function most of the time.
>>
>>34919347
as much as I prefer other gun brands, I'd have to say Glock 42
>>
>>34919448
Iwb incog holster and yes round always chambered. I love my G26 but it's not a pocket gun so just know that.
>>
>>34919504
>>34919492
How do I prevent myself from shooting off my peenor if someone jumps me?
>>
>>34919523
Huh? What do you mean? It'll be in a holster until you pull it. Anon just get a 42/43 and pocket carry. If someone bumps into you just play it off as a cell phone if they even notice. If someone is robbing you tell them you're just getting them cash in your pocket and come out with the gun.
>>
>>34919523
get a pocket holster from Sticky Holster or something
>>
get a 38 revolver with a 2" barrel or less
>>
You know... you could just get a better job, right?

I wouldn't work for a company that allowed me to be in harm's way, and also not allowing me to defend myself.

Just find a new job, dude. Trust me, sometimes it easier to just get out of a bad situation than to try and make it better.

Best way to go about it is to tell your boss that this job is more dangerous than it's worth, and that you can't protect yourself, then you'll be putting in your two weeks notice.

You've both told him a problem, and offered a solution. If he doesn't agree, you have every reason to quit.
>>
>>34919347
Are you willing to go to get dragged through court and potentially go to jail for someone else's stuff?
>>
>>34919545
s&w 36 or colt detective special
>>
File: mr.png (365KB, 647x653px) Image search: [Google]
mr.png
365KB, 647x653px
>>34919546
It's just hard times. And with tips this jobs pays quite decently. I used to do the whole Uber thing but that's a total rip off and just as dangerous as delivering food. I just need to get through one more year of classes to get my bachelors, I can't survive on anything else.

>>34919561
I mean I'd give up my phone and cash/pizza in a minute. But there could be more dangerous situations, like somebody chimping out on meth trying to kill me. It's the last resort, but I would rather be alive than in jail, plus I am pretty sure the law would be on my side in such situations. In any case, I would rather shoot a nog and survive if it comes down to it even if I get in trouble. Life over death. Always.

>>34919532
Is 43 easier to conceal than 26? I might go for it.
>>
>>34919599
That's a reasonable attitude. As long as you're not one of those idiots who'll use lethal force to defend their customer's pizza.
>>
File: 1502190821609.jpg (126KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1502190821609.jpg
126KB, 960x960px
>>34919347
kek
>>
>>34919523
Glock has a safety trigger so the entirety of your finger needs to be on the trigger to fire.

Also shooting penor is less common than you think, you have to try to shoot yourself in the dick. Just train the draw method and you won't unload into your genitals/leg
>>
>>34919347

look at ruger sr9c or bigger is sr9 9e american
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.