[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so I'm kind of new to body armor, I ordered myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: CATI AR500.jpg (32KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
CATI AR500.jpg
32KB, 576x960px
Okay, so I'm kind of new to body armor, I ordered myself some CATI AR500 plates (with trauma pads) and I happened to completely forget that Spalling was a thing, so I ordered some spall blocker inserts, is there anything else that I need to do or something that will help with the problem of spalling?
>>
File: Bump.jpg (10KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
Bump.jpg
10KB, 288x216px
>>
Just don't get shot.
>>
>>34918596
What if I drop my Sig?
>>
File: 1477109163339.jpg (25KB, 449x400px) Image search: [Google]
1477109163339.jpg
25KB, 449x400px
>>34918596
Well I hadn't planned on it, but shit happens, ya know?
>>
File: Bump2.jpg (34KB, 400x301px) Image search: [Google]
Bump2.jpg
34KB, 400x301px
>>
File: 1502514114052.png (347KB, 725x664px) Image search: [Google]
1502514114052.png
347KB, 725x664px
Have fun running around with all that shit. Why you would get steel armor in an age where sub-3lbs polyethylene level III armor is beyond me. Even level iv SAPIs are pretty light now.
>>
>>34918646
How many rounds can they take and what's the distribution of the impact force like on the wearer? Do they have expiration dates?
>>
>>34918646
Also price was kind of an issue, I paid about 70$ for the plates and trauma plates, I don't have the money for the fancy stuff atm.
>>
>>34918665
>How many rounds can they take
A lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt2Y1I4ZQ_A

>impact force
Compare a solid sheet of steel with no shock absorption vs. a material that is designed to fragment and distribute force over a wide area

>expiration date
Keep it in a carrier and it shouldn't be a problem. Alumina and polyethylene don't degrade to any appreciable extent without high heat and moisture.
>>
>>34918707
Well I did say I had trauma plates for the impact (non-Newtonian material).

Honestly I would have loved to get something better and lighter than AR500, but the cost is a pretty big issue.
I'll definitely look into polyethylene level III down the road when I can afford it.
So any ideas on my first post?
>>
File: bump3.gif (90KB, 350x400px) Image search: [Google]
bump3.gif
90KB, 350x400px
>>
>>34918646
Because neets don't have money to burn on plates they will probably never use.
>>
>>34918864
>neets
>don't have money
neets don't buy plates to begin with, they spend their allowance on Doritos and mountain dew.
>>
Trauma pads are a scam. There's a vid on youtube with a guy testing them out in conjunction with the steel plates and they did not work at all. In fact, the back face deformation was exacerbated. This was confirmed when he called the manufacturer and they said that trauma pads are to be used with the ceramic plates only which makes me wonder.
>>
>>34918916
Post vid, nigger.
>>
>>34918916
What brand were his trauma pads? Honestly, I don't see how the ones I got wouldn't work or at the very least help and the science behind them seems sound enough for shock absorption.
Also, do you remember the name of the video so I can check it out?
>>
File: Bump4.gif (41KB, 390x260px) Image search: [Google]
Bump4.gif
41KB, 390x260px
'Cmon, someone has to have some relevant information about spalling for me here
>>
>>34918956
Guess not
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.