[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the VEPR 12? I've wanted one for ages I just never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: VEPR-12_001.jpg (49KB, 777x266px) Image search: [Google]
VEPR-12_001.jpg
49KB, 777x266px
How is the VEPR 12? I've wanted one for ages I just never bought one.
I've heard mixed reviews but generally it seems pretty well received.
Any thoughts from any of you that own one?
>>
>>34914238
I'd love to show up to my club's trap shoot one day with a VEPR 12 for giggles
>>
>>34914238
The only mixed reviews you'll see is from Saiga owners who's emotionally hurt that they spent so much money and time getting their Saiga 12s to run properly, while Vepr owners just have fun blasting away.

Really, it's a great shotgun. Out of the box, it's what a Saiga 12 should have been.
>>
>>34914467
I assumed as much. I've fired about 1000 shells through two separate saigas and neither ever really functioned properly.
I've just heard some veprs had FTE problems and that you need to find shells that work with it properly.
I'm mainly interested in clay/trap shooting and home defense and Ive heard more mixed reviews that it won't necessarily fire light loads.
>>
File: IMG_1876.jpg (118KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1876.jpg
118KB, 1024x731px
>>34914499
Well, take this with a grain of salt as I've only shot my V12 once, about 80 rounds worth.

They need to be broken in. My first 10 shots were basically bolt action. After that it would get 2-3 before jamming. Then 5. This was all buckshot, btw. Then I started sending birdshot through and it would jam every 2-3, then every 4-5, until I could get through a full 10rd mag most of the time.

I've got half a case of buckshot ready to go next time I take it out. Planning on magdumping it to break it in properly. It's an awesome gun. I only regret being a cheap ass and getting the thumbjole stock because the adapters for it are shit.
>>
File: 1436560655579.png (119KB, 392x366px) Image search: [Google]
1436560655579.png
119KB, 392x366px
>>34914303
Why do you people keep posting this smut on a blue board?
>>
>>34914586
No plans on putting a muzzle break on yours?
>>
>>34914499
>individual results may vary
The only problems I've had with my Vepr is when I fully loaded an aftermarket 12rd mag with Winchester universal shells.

I didn't have any issues after I started loading only 10 shells instead of 12. I figured if a Vepr can eat through shit ammo like winchester universals, it can eat through everything
>>
>>34914728
i got a ban for posting, in a humor thread, the pic *i got off here* of a guy with the glock up his ass

the moderation here is sub-par.
>>
>>34914238
I got a vepr 12 and it's a blast. But factory magazines are really through the roof. $50+shipping for 5 Rd. $110+ for 8 round $130 + for 10 round. Sgm aftermarket are kinda sucky but they are under $50
>>
>>34914586
Thumb hole stock isn't as cool but damn it's a comfortable shotgun to shoot
>>
>>34914586
The factory folder sucks ass though
>>
>>34914818
>I can't read the rules
It's a blue board anon, you don't post that shit here
>>
>>34914767
I've got the birdcage flash hider Polychoke II on it now. Didn't feel like retaking that pic since it turned out so nice.

>>34914971
Yeah I wish I had gotten some factory 8/10s when they were cheap. I've got a pair of CSSPEC 10 round steel mags but they're noisy and don't fit as well as my Molot 5 or my SGM 12.

>>34915017
I shot the factory folder once; that cheek rest is awful. I would rather have it or the fixed skeleton stock, and do an AR adapter with those than do the slant adapter.
>>
I have one, it's great.

I can't think of a single practical use for it, and I bought it primarily because it's fucking cool. I suspect they'll be looked at like a SPAS-12 in a decade or two.

Mine ran hotter (3 dram) bird shot fine with no break in, and no problems with 00 or rifled slugs. I haven't tried light bird shot (2 3/4 dram), but supposedly they have trouble cycling it. Not a huge deal though, just remember to buy game loads instead of target loads for plinking (game loads are also cheap).
>>
>>34914586
Apparently mounting an optic over the ejection port causes FTE issues.. The rail on my VEPR is canted so I've never added an optic and couldn't say for myself.
>>
File: 20140801_004806 - Copy.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20140801_004806 - Copy.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Shorten it up.
>>
>>34914238
Runs flawless with Russian mags but has issues with the SGM mags
>>
I heard that magazine fed shotguns are bad for home defense because the shells warp after they sit in the mag for a while. fudd lore or no?
>>
Amazing. Buy buckshot it's not a cheap shotgun buy it to destroy shit like the russians intended.
>>
>>34914238
They go for $800 with a folding stock and mags nowadays which makes me salty as fuck for buying at 1200 with a 5 round mag. Get it it wont dissapoint. The wood stock ones look sexy as all fuck too.
>>
>>34917784
I've left Federal flight control 00 in both VEPR 5 and 8 round OEM magazines for over a year, then fired it with no issues. Checking my other mags, there doesn't seem to be any deformation.

This might be a problem with cheap ammo, or really hot/humid weather conditions.
>>
>>34918048
>They go for $800 with a folding stock and mags nowadays
Where the fuck have you been?
Folders are $1300+ with the full "strong" welded stock and mags are through the roof.
>>
>>34915017
Nigga it really doesn't the cheek pad is adjustable as fuck. No guns.
>>
>>34916199
Nigga that shit was figured out like 3 years ago.
>>
>>34918115
Fuck off, maybe you live in a cucked state and are too retarded to join ak files but in Az and AK files they're stupid cheap with the "welded" stock. Fuck off.
>>
>>34918186
Proofs please.
and not 4 month old "sold" threads either.
>>
>>34914252
Depends if they only allow pump and break action.
>>
Around here the vepr is $800 with the folder, with or without a weld on the folding stock. Of course it takes fuck all to just knock that bead off and have a folder.
>>
>>34914238
I find the trigger can be a mite snappy when using slugs but if its really an issue just wear some gloves. Other than that, fun on a bun.>>34914238
>>
>>34918163
Yet OP still has an optic mounted above his ejection port and bitches about FTE.
>>
It's pretty good for 3 gun. The SGM 12 rounders sometimes are hard to lock in, so I start with a 12 rounder then use the factory 5 rounders for reloads since they're much easier to lock in quickly.
>>
>>34918115
Atlantic used to sell them for $800 before the announcement of the "ban". Now it's $1000.

It's currently sold out but they were selling it at that price less than a week ago.
http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/vepr-12-gauge-shotgun2014-05-27-14-55-29-detail.html?Itemid=0
>>
For those having cycling issues with lighter loads, stick with stuff over 1200fps and about 1 1/18oz of shot. In addition to just breaking it in you can also get a lighter spring from Carolina Shooters Supply.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.