[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the cheapest way to protect from .308? I want to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

What's the cheapest way to protect from .308?

I want to be safe incase of riots and violence.
>>
>>34912449
Killing yourself before someone else does.
>>
Level IV steel plates can be had for 150 bucks if you shop around. The only thing cheaper than that is not getting shot.
>>
>>34912449
Don't get shot at

Why are people constantly making riot/civil war 2 threads? Are we just getting raided by newfags?
>>
>>34912456
>>34912470
>Don't get shot

Like, don't bother with a carry gun just don't get attacked?
>>
Not getting shot. Even with body armour, you dont want a 308. getting near your body.
>>
>>34912487
I think it's just /pol/ children being their usual selves. Though it gets much worse around the time school lets out in the west, which is right about now for the east side of the continent
>>
>>34912449
Be somewhere else. Seriously.
>>
>>34912487
>>34912491
Since when does /k/ leave their own defense and survivability in the hands of the state?

Now that people are actively opposing the state, of all times?
>>
>>34912493
It's Saturday.
>>
>>34912518
Well if you're an idiot commie fucktard who is totally expecting to go protest things you don't understand and get shot by nazis, who by the way are your own guys larping, then see >>34912456
>>
>>34912520
>Saturday.
Saturday, I feel right
I been drinking all day
>>
>>34912536
I'm not picking a side I just want to keep myself safe. It seems like a good investment right now.
>>
>>34912551
Then the answer is lots and lots and lots of non-perishable food stuff, avoiding going outside if it looks bad, and getting good at helping people who aren't fighting.
>>
LEVEL IV CERAMIC STANDALONE PLATES
CHECK BULLETPROOFME.COM
>>
>>34912612
>Ask about body armor
>Hurr durrr buy 20 boxes of ramen noodles

Good advice
>>
>>34912489
You can carry a gun, but the best piece of advice on protecting yourself is don't go looking for fights. If you know a riot is going on downtown, don't go to it. If you know a part of town has had a lot of crime lately, don't hang out there. If you think a guy is looking for an excuse to hurt someone, don't start a conversation with him.

>>34912518
We're not telling him to leave it to the state. We're telling him that the best way to protect yourself is to not go looking for trouble.
>>
>>34912684
Where? lKMWEOFIJLIQHJWEFPOIOAIJWEF[OIHQWEF'OIJWEFAIJWERF;OIQHWERFOIHQWERF;LKJASDF;KNQWER;IOFHQW;EIFNS;dklfnq'woeijfq;l3wienf;qwioefhqwoiehf';
>>
>>34912665
>We're telling him that the best way to protect yourself is to not go looking for trouble.

No shit. Glad you've got that off your chest and out of the way then.
>>
>>34912449
A single-thick layer of sandbags, preferably 2 thick to protect vs gaps or sustained fire. a 2-thick layer of brick and mortar or a 8-12" concrete wall also works.
>>
>>34912449

>>34912737 here. Forgot to add - have counter-sniper curtains over all windows, doors, and open regions, including anti-UAV tarps over alleyways so you can move between houses without being tracked.

Ofc, the only real answer is good comms with an organized neighborhood watch covering all major avenues of approach.
>>
>>34912709
antique store and garage sale respectivly
>>
>>34912493
Then let's give him a proper /pol/ answer!

OP, if you're /leftypol/, your best bet is to wear an I HATE NIGGERS shirt and hiding out in your Level IV armor with trauma pads behind a number of sandbags so that Billy-Bob won't cap you with the fiddy cal he got in a trade for an hour in the hay with his sister from his brother, Jimmy-Bob when Donald Tr*mp tells his mindless minions to take to the street and murder their fellow men when our brave comrades put forth the notion to legalize it(tm)

If you're /pol/-/pol/, just keep wearing your I HATE NIGGERS (((shirt))) and maybe a (((thick))) jacket because (((Antifa))) BBC-fanaticist white genocide-fetishizing pozz cuck Antifoux-de-fa-fa-fags are such emasculated sissy (((cucks))) that loading even a (((single))) full sized rifle (((cartridge))) is too much for them (reminds them of their fathers beating (((them))) for being gay, most like), leave alone (((traversing))) and aiming a weapon that uses (((them))), the moderate (((recoil))) breaking their brittle bones. At most (((they)))'ll use (((women)))'s calibres like .17 HMR, .22LR, .22 WMR, (((.223))) and (((Jewish))) subterfuge.
>>
>>34912970
Nice autism
>>
>>34912449
>.308
best form of protection is not to get hit by a motherfucking 308 in the first place.
That round can penetrate a lot of traditional body armors that are available. Be smart. Even with armor, this isn't the fucking medieval ages where you can just tank shots, no matter what kind of armor you're wearing.
>>
>>34912487
>Why are people constantly making riot/civil war 2 threads?
Are you not American, do you not see what is going on in this country? There is no way we are making it to 2030 with out the red team and blue team starting civil war 2.
>>
>>34912449
>>34912491
Funny you should mention that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjgGlolY-8s
>>
>>34913491
the media is massively misrepresenting the situation, it is a very small percentage of the population causing the uproar, which is then inflated beyond all reason.
>>
>>34912449
Be behind the gun instead of in front of it.
>>
>>34912449
periodically shoot yourself with .22lr until you build up an immunity
>>
>>34915938
I'm up to 9×19 now
How goes your practice?
>>
>>34912449
You really don't want to get shot with 308. Even if you survive your ribs are undoubtedly broken and your heart was stopped by the sheer trauma.
>>
>>34915988
Anyone else need to repeat the same pointless shit about how getting shot is bad?

Guess what? It's a lot worse without a plate.
>>
>>34912449
>What's the cheapest way to protect from .308?
Attach a piece of metal to you chest and call it a day.
>I want to be safe incase of riots and violence.
Get supplies to board up your house and point a shotgun at your door. If your house isn't sealed then there's literally no reason to have body armour.
>>
i mean, i guess broken ribs and probable internal bleeding is better than actually having it go into you
>>
>>34912449
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H6mOlHVUmM

As as a reminder, you did say cheapest, not lightest/most effective.
>>
>>34913456
>this isn't the fucking medieval ages where you can just tank shots, no matter what kind of armor you're wearing.
that was never even the case with medieval armor, are you retarded?
>>
>>34913456
Most modern body armor can take .308 better than it can take .223, especially if both are coming out of a 20 inch barrel.
>>
>>34912449
>Riots & violence
stay inside grandpa>>34912536
>>
File: heccin baneposted.jpg (75KB, 462x691px) Image search: [Google]
heccin baneposted.jpg
75KB, 462x691px
Steel plates, soft plates, trauma pad.

Side plates if you want,

Neck plates, collar if you want.

Shoulders if necessary.

I run an Eagle MARCIRAS with an IOUTV, an APES upgrade kit, and a Mustang naval kit. That's full torso coverage with overlap.

The real question is, can you afford, or even carry all of that.
>>
>>34912449
>riots of violence
I'm assuming you're I including civil war 2 in you're "should I buy level IV body armor".

Unless you're planning in actively being a combatant, bulky ass plate carriers are going to slow you down and attract fire. If you are planning on being a combatant then buy LBE and fuck the armor anyway.

Seriously why does every person prepping for the happening kit themselves out like they're going to launch an assault on a FOB? If civil war 2 happens you'd be better off LARPing the Viet sans a retarded ideology
>>
>>34912709
Tekele lii
>>
>>34912449
Cover
>>
>>34913779
>it is a very small percentage of the population causing the uproar,
That's really all it takes, do you not know where 3%ers get that number?
>>
>>34920717
much, much less than 3%

and honestly i don't think even if 5% of the population was militant leftist they'd have it in them.
>>
>>34920241
Damn elder creatures trying to use guns
>>
>>34920821
and procure cheap armor apparently, you'd think the regeneration and miasma of madness would be adequate defense.
>>
>>34912449
AR500 lll+
>>
>>34920850
Lacking any single body shape and being able to form organs at will, you would not think there would be an overbearing need for body armour to cover specific vital organs
>>
>>34920103
>Using soft plates with trauma pad
Pointless, you only need either the soft plate or a trauma pad to prevent rib damage.
>>
cover is free
>>
>>34920103
you wouldnt make it 3 miles with all that gear on in a SHTF situation
>>
>>34920901
maybe they just want to post in gear queer threads.
>>
>>34912449
>cheapest way

be somewhere else
>>
>>34921097
Maybe? The shoggoths like to imitate what their masters did, perhaps this means that the Elder things like to post in Gear Queer threads too?

But how can you actually kill a shoggoth? Fire or explosives surely? Or so many bullets that they cant hold their form?
I wonder if a flamethrower must be more suitable than a rifle in at least holding one off, unless their eyes are vulnerable somehow.
>>
>>34921164
i heard adequate fire does the trick
>>
>>34912449
You can't
The .308 is the herald of death, the reaper himself follows its tracer and rips the souls out of whom ever is struck.
>>
>>34921568
Are flamethrowers legal to take to the antarctic?
I mean you need them for clearing away ice or something.

Theres all sort of bullshit about getting one where i live but theyre fairly straightforward to make, not sure exactly what you would need to spray to really fuck one up though.

Damn i wish there was spooky things in the antarctic.
>>
>>34912449
Move out of the US. Somewhere safer maybe, like Mexico which has a sixth of the violent crime rate.
>>
File: 234.jpg (60KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
234.jpg
60KB, 500x333px
>>34912449
>be American
>get shot
>>
File: 1500590407148.jpg (110KB, 591x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500590407148.jpg
110KB, 591x640px
>>34922208
At least you're allowed to own body armor in case you get shot.
>>
>>34922208
better to get hit by a truck?
>>
>>34912518
Your answers have nothing to do with the state. The best and cheapest way to protect yourself from .308 is to get your ass behind some solid cover and to not get shot.
>>34921952
Don't shitpost.
>>
>>34912470
Maybe he was thinking about how one could tape together a vest of sheet metal
>>
>>34912665
>We're telling him that the best way to protect yourself is to not go looking for trouble.
No shit, and what's your fucking point besides being fucking retarded? Just like with your ECD it's about being prepared for when trouble finds you, despite your diligence to stay away from it, you fucktarded antifa pinko commie gun grabbing cuckolded nogunz transtrender special snowflake SJW autists.
>>
>>34916329
If someone is shooting at you with 308 and knows what they're doing, you are fucked regardless of what armor you have on.
>>
>>34912487
>Why are people talking about riots/ civil war 2?
Are you serious dude? Look around, people go to free speech protests that end in violence, Antifa has been using violence and destroying public and private property for nearly nothing, and there are are real conversations going on about the ethicacy about assaulting people you believe to be nazis without any other reason than that person's political ideology, even if they are just walking around.

Shit is heating up man, I don't think there is actually going to be a war, but thinking about it gives me a total /k/ hard on
>>
>>34912536
>everyone protesting openly with firearms against the left is just a leftist black ops
or are you talking about the autist actually walking around in nazi outfits with swastikas because outside of shitty political cartoons I haven't really seen those
>>
>>34924561
What is most likely to happen:
Nuked by NK
War with Russia or China
Yellowstone blowing up
Civil War part 2
>>
>>34912449
Don't be where there is violence.
>>
>>34912449
Typically if violence breaks out it's going to be some piece of shit shooting into a crowd with 9mm he pulls out of his bag then trying to disappear into a crowd.

I doubt in a riot that you'll actually be going up against .308 but if you have to >>34912470
>>
>>34912487
Haven't you heard? Antifa is beating the shit out of everyone that slightly disagrees with them and Nazis are running people over. Guess who gets caught in the crossfire?
>>
>>34924561
>believe to be nazis without any other reason than that person's political ideology
i guess shouting "sieg heil" and "death to jews" doesn't make someone a nazi
>>
>>34924701
>believe to be
If someone says 'I'm a nazi' I don't believe they're a nazi, I would say I know they are
If someone said 'I don't think Donald Trump is a bad guy' I don't believe they are a nazi, but a leftist often would
>>
>>34912737
>2 bag thick wall
Yes, because rioters are definitely going to be applying sustained fire onto a given position. Definitely wouldn't be firing into a crowd or trting to shoot individuals.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.