[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my face when trying a 1911 trigger after only having ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

>my face when trying a 1911 trigger after only having ever used a glock trigger

holy shit you people weren't joking about 1911s feeling good to pull
>>
Finger fucked my dad's 10mm Kimber after fucking with a Glock 35 (had the 5 pound trigger because it was a police model) and holy fuck.

If I were to go into competition I'd probably use a 1911, the triggers are sex.
>>
>>34910975
Was it a gucci 1911?
>>
>>34911017
Gucci as in? Sorry I'm not well knowledgeable on 1911s
>>
>>34911028
Gucci as in it's not a cheap flip clone/a semi custom
>>
>>34911043
I'm not sure, it was on display at a gun range that also sells guns.
>>
>>34911017
Why the fuck would that matter? A taurus 1911 has a better trigger than any striker shit.
>>
>>34910975
Literally my retort when people say the 1911 is useless/outdated
>>
>>34911115
Because it fucking matters you poorfag
>>
File: IMG_5018.png (474KB, 604x603px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5018.png
474KB, 604x603px
>>34910975
>mfw shot my first single action army clone after shooting my first handgun, an m&p.

Now that I've shot more, double action triggers are my favorite defensive triggers and single actions are my favorite range triggers.
>>
>>34911261
i became a non noguns recently so i dont understand your post that well sorry :(
>>
>>34910975
Hammer fired >>>striker fired
Not just a glock vs 1911 thing
>>
I like stock glock trigger because it prevents NDs. unpolite sage
>>
>>34911804
>not knowing about glock leg
>>
>>34910975
>>34911005
when you're shooting at speed it becomes less big of a deal

I would probably take a decent Glock trigger setup eg Taran Tactical connector and trigger return spring or a PPQ trigger over a 1911 trigger kust because I am used to the former now
>>
>>34910975
Seriously don't understand this. I only use a g17 and thought eh fuck it I'll rent a high end 1911 to see the difference. It was an awkward fucking shitheap and the trigger was so light it seemed irregular. POS
>>
>>34911385
DA is hammer fired primarily revolvers. Heavy but consistent trigger. Single double is nice but has different trigger weights so it can trip you up. Striker is consistent but not as heavy/smooth as a dao.
>>
>>34911856
>not knowing about 1911leg
>>
>>34910975
I can't decide whether I like pulling my cock or my 1911 trigger better.
>>
You can also polish them to have even great effect.
>>
>>34911261

I'm planning on getting a USP for this reason. DA in case of an emergency, but have it cocked and locked at the range for SA fun.
>>
>>34911115
>2016+1
>still buying strikershit plastic pistols
>>
SA triggers are pure sex after shooting striker-fired pistols for a while. I tried out a Beretta 92 and a USP at my local range. The SA mode on each of them was like night and day compared to my Glock.
>>
>>34913919
Get the USP Tactical for the match trigger, still if there is a huge price difference then get a normal used USP then wait for HK to have their Black Friday sale which lowers the cost of the match trigger to like $75.
>>
>>34911856
"My training kicked in and I called my mom"
>>
>>34914179

USP Tacticals no longer have the full match trigger installation, so my plan is to grab a regular one and send it off to HK so they'll install the full match trigger.
>>
Now go find someone that'll let you finger fuck a $2,500 full custom. Good fucking God its like mechanical sex. If I had $3,000 to spend on a firearm I would absolutely buy a custom 1911 before a custom AR. Sure gucci ARs are really, really nice but gucci 1911s are like pieces of fucking art.

I have finger fucked a Wilson Super Custom, and lo I saw it was Good.
>>
>>34910975
I'm not much of a handgun shooter, and the only striker guns I have owned have been a Glock with polish job and 3.5 connector, an M&P with an APEX trigger, and a stock Shield. I have a cz75b with a lighter hammer spring, a West German p226 with an SRT, and a Colt mark IV that I was given (don't know what, if any, work was done on it).
My experiences:
>Most striker guns' triggers suck out of the box, but seem to be easily fixed with a little polish or an inexpensive upgrade.
>1911 triggers are nice, but you get an outdated design around it that you have to put up with to get that nice trigger.
I guess shooting is like most other sports. The best of the best do every little thing they can to get every little advantage they can. I know motorcycle guys who pay buttloads for carbon fiber parts to save a few grams here and there even though they've never been on a track in their life. None of you need a 1911 trigger. None of you shoot well enough for it to matter. If you can't shoot well with an 8lb trigger, but do alright with a 1911, it's not the gun it's you.
>>
>>34910975
>own g34 with polished trigger
>shoot better than a friend does with his 3.000€ Sig, using either gun
>actually do better with the glock because it fits my hand better
Not gonna lie, the Sig is the nicer pistol. But as long as I am doing well with the Glock, I am not really all that jealous. Sure, the Tupperware jokes get old, but results speak louder than words.
>>
File: IMG_2688.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2688.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
3.25 pound trigger. Zero creep. Love it.
>>
>>34914807
>modifying a glock trigger

why
>>
>>34915433
Less creepy take up.
Costs next to nothing
Safety not an issue on a target/race/range gun
>>
>>34913814
But, that's not a real thing
>>
>>34915433
It's just a polish job that smooths out the contact points in the trigger assembly. It makes it better to shoot. Sig's, CZ's, 1911's all get the same thing done to them to make them shoot better. It's just more popular with Glocks to do it at home since they are so simple and serviceable. The real retards are the people that buy $200 Glock triggers.
>>
>>34910975>>34911044

just wait until you try a decent one
>>
File: 1499702115684.jpg (18KB, 238x162px) Image search: [Google]
1499702115684.jpg
18KB, 238x162px
>mfw shooting an upgraded DA/SA trigger

My PX4 Compact has an 8lb double action pull that is smooth as butter and a nice 3lb single action pull. It is pure sex.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.