[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesnt US police aim for the legs like most civilized nations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

File: 1502534028794.jpg (65KB, 462x810px) Image search: [Google]
1502534028794.jpg
65KB, 462x810px
Why doesnt US police aim for the legs like most civilized nations? Is it the lack od training US officers have?

>But they might have an gun
Not am excuse, if there is no immediate danger then there is no reason to shoot to the center of mass

By the way, why does US police mafdump constantly?
>>
>>34908769
A. What countries teach cops to aim for the legs?
B. Thinking you should aim for the legs shows you have no knowledge or training with firearms.
>>
Blame the chosen ones.

If they didn't get sued out the ass for tasings and ass whoopings cops would probably do them more.
>>
>>34908769
>if there is no immediate danger then there is no reason to shoot to the center of mass

You're right. If there's no immediate danger, there is no reason to shoot at all, let alone in the leg.
>>
>>34908781
Or center of mass for that matter.
>>
>>34908769
>implying most people, even cops, can aim for the legs in the heat of the moment when seconds matter
>>
>>34908769
Because people who are living can testify in court. Dumbass. Ain't nobody got time for that shit.
>>
>>34908777
I can say that every nordic nation anon. Not sure about germany and UK
>>
>>34908784
So its the lack of training then?
>>
>>34908800
>Training can make people do anything if you only use enough of it
>>
>>34908808
Seems like the case,yes.
>>
>>34908814
God damn it I'm too tired to explain to OP why he's wrong on a damn phone keyboard. Can someone please explain?
>>
>>34908786
So...countries that rarely, if ever shoot people, and therefore don't have the institutional knowledge to know it's a stupid fucking idea? An idea that's far more likely to result in a ricochet injuring a bystander than effectively stopping a threat?

Great idea, I'll be sure to take the advice of non-gunfighters on gunfighting from now on.
>>
>>34908769
>Why doesnt US police aim for the legs like most civilized nations? Is it the lack od training US officers have?
>aim for the legs
>civilized nations
no one does this you dumbass mallninja
>>
File: ESCALATED.jpg (151KB, 388x443px) Image search: [Google]
ESCALATED.jpg
151KB, 388x443px
>>34908769
Because, OP, as stated in fucking thousands of previous threads, there are MAJOR FUCKING ARTERIES that run through BOTH of your legs.

Sever an artery = bleed out in minutes
Get shot in small intestine = "Oh no muh digestive tract"

You don't need two lungs, two kidneys, your liver, and while all are incapacitating, none of which are life threatening within 5 minutes if treated relatively properly.

Saying shooting someone in the leg is "Civilized" is just as fucking wrong as saying grenades do not explode.

It's not, faggot.
>>
>>34908887
>US doesnt have a fast ambulance response time,well trained paramedic nor do they send one in adcance if there is a possible firing incident
Okay
>>
File: akko.png (145KB, 335x402px) Image search: [Google]
akko.png
145KB, 335x402px
>>34908769

a leg shot is more difficult to make under pressure and still has a very high chance of death (hit the wrong vein and it's curtains within minutes) compared to less-lethal responses.

so, since you're only ever going to want to use a gun for situations necessitating lethal force, why not aim for the easiest target that also offers the best chance of quickly stopping the assailant?
>>
>>34908769
>why don't police aim for the legs
Because being knee capped is a hellish agony so fucking powerful the victim wishes they could die?
>>
>>34908903
EMT here, fug you, even in the best of situations with a full crew and clear roads, you will be hard pressed to get a paramedic on scene in 5 minutes.

And they certainly don't send them into potentially dangerous scenes, because we're much more valuable than everyone else.
>>
>>34908903
Wouldn't you rather be safe than sorry, dipshit?
>>
>aiming for legs
>meme
>people responding
>faggots
>made me response
You made me confused OP-senpai. Should I start looking for some anuses?
>>
File: NOTGOOD.jpg (89KB, 679x657px) Image search: [Google]
NOTGOOD.jpg
89KB, 679x657px
>>34908928
OP fucked up.
>>
>>34908928
I think its only a meme in US, here its enforced by the law, taught in academies and belongs to expected conduct. In all honesty, the difference seems to be the lack of training and different culture. One in US would rather shoot to the center mass because the guy dies anyways, right? Seems like a product of horrid lack of health related logistics
>>
>>34908949
OP will never realize he is an faggot.
>>
>>34908769
US police consist of fatsos who receive almost no training. Here standard police training is 3 years and education itself is compared to bachelors degree.

Of course police can afford to aim for the legs with better training. Plus people tend not to bleed out here as ambulances have fast response times unlike in US
>>
>>34908949
>I think its only a meme in the US where they for some reason seem to know shit about guns and anatomy instead of following whatever feelgood bullshit inept politicians may propose
>>
>>34908769
Because there is a very good change that if a police officer is shooting some one in the US that someone is armed with a firearm and it has been that way for a long time. Add to this there is a not small change that the other person is on drugs like speed or crack.
>>
>>34908869
In most places in India they only shoot for the legs. However only detectives, there ERU units, and above get guns. Other for the ERU those guns are only for us if THEIR lives are in danger or if a suspect is running away. Rank and file police and hostages are a non factor in this.
>>
>Why doesnt US police aim for the legs like most civilized nations?
But that's a lie. Police drawing their weapon is usually a big deal here in Not America, so if anything, if a police officer does draw, I'd guess it's probably more likely that someone's gonna die.
>>
>>34908869
>things that have never happened here
maybe america should get good
>>
>>34908769
>never heard of the femoral artery
Leg shots can be more lethal than center of mass shots. If a situation doesn't call for rounds on target to the center of mass, use less than lethal means ie taser, OC. This "shoot them in the leg" meme is retarded as shit
>>
>>34908808
I mean, yes, that's the entire point of training. Anybody can shoot a leg if they have a minute to line it up and slowly squeeze a round off, but you're going to have to practice if you want to do that shit in a matter of seconds.
>>
>>34908769
Because a crippled nigger can get a scumbag lawyer and sue... a dead one cant.
>>
>>34908949
You aim for center mass because its the part of the body that moves the least, ensuring an accurate hit. Not to mention unless you shoot them square in the heart, or sever the abdominal artery you are way more likely to survive getting shot in the chest than you are in the legs.
You are fucking retarded.
>>
>>34908769
What is it like to be born such a god damned faggot, OP?

If it's not bad enough to shoot someone center mass, it's not bad enough to shoot someone at all. If you're only going to shoot their leg, use a taser or OC spray or a baton. If that fails, shoot them center mass. How fucking hard is that? Were you dropped as a baby? You know, down a couple flights of stairs or something? Repeatedly?

The leg is so full of arteries that even if you shoot someone in the leg, you risk killing them or crippling them for life. At the least, they're going to be laid up for months while their tissue heals. If you've got a broken bone on top of that, even longer. They're going to need physiotherapy and rehabilitation to build the muscles up again, could likely be on modified duties at work (but let's face it, niggers don't work) and could go after the department for damages when the police are all issued options like OC and tasers.

>Why did the police cripple me for a couple months when they could have tased me instead?
>You're right, how does a hundred thousand dollars sound?
>It sounds great! Thanks Jewish lawyer! Thanks corrupt judicial system!
>>
File: 1501309247780.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501309247780.gif
2MB, 202x360px
>>34910334
I'd ask why Nordic countries train their police to do something so fucking idiotic, but if Nordic countries are full of absolute retards like you then I suppose it only makes sense.
>>
>shoots a guy in the legs when he points a gun at you
>he falls
>magically still has a gun
Wow good job OP. You've solved it.
>>
>>34908862
You're too tired to recognize bait, too.
>>
>>34908786
>every nordic nation
>full of ALAH
Bakalakadaka motherfucker
>>
>>34908918
>you will be hard pressed to get a paramedic on scene in 5 minutes.

maybe where you live. also its not hard to just slap a tourniquet on the guy's leg. sure as hell beats an abdominal wound you can't do shit about.
>>
File: IMG_0566.jpg (55KB, 496x598px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0566.jpg
55KB, 496x598px
>>
>>34908769
Leaf officer here
We're trained to go center mass. Shooting for limbs is fucking retarded. Shoot a man in the inner thigh and he'll bleed out in 2 mins flat anyway. Always knew Europeans were stupid but this is really fuckin stupid.
>>
>>34908903
I have a relatively close hospital, meaning I have one 15 minutes away following the speed limit and don't get stoped at red lights. An emergency vehicle is 8-10 minutes away from my house going at the maximum safe speeds considering the residential neighborhoods they would have to tear through.

A man can be dead in 3 minutes if the artery in his thigh is severed.

Name me one place in the fucking world that has 3 minute ambulance response times?
>>
>>34910555
Samefag here, this is all leaving the fact that shooting for anything but center of mass is fucking retarded for innumerable reasons.
>>
>>34908769
Because OP, Police shoot with the intent of stopping the threat, and the stopping the immediate danger that may be inflicted on themselves and on others, magdumping is completely fine, all their doing is stoping the threat. Lord knows if they're on synthetics they'll probably require a magdump to keel over and die anyways.
>>
>>34910422
This. The center mass is the best way of stooping danger when you, or others, are in a life threatening situation. If the crook has a good enough lawyer, you could get in heat for being inhumane or some shit like that. also,
>europeans
>stupid
you just made the connection?
>>
>Americans defend their shitty police force
>But humans cant aim for legs nor survive getting shot to them
Maybe nordics are superhumans. In all honesty its a known practise outside the US
>>
>>34911019
We aim center mass because it's (lol) a bigger target and rounds that miss legs will ricochet at a very shallow angle possibly harming surrounding people
>>
>>34911034
>We cant aim
Sure
>Rounds will ricochet
I didnt know americans were stupid enough to stand behind a suspect. Plus, if you shoot at a leg youre shooting downwards which limits the possibility of it hitting anything behind it.
>>
>>34911052
Ricochet nigger. if a round hits a leg, either way it's going through. Random people can't just teleport away when shit goes down.
>>
>>34911217
Police wont teleport to the scene either, nor does the suspect
>>
>Posts one of the most ignorant things that you can post when criticising LEOs.
> be a Drop-poster
>be OP

YOU JUST WON THE TRIPLE CROWN OF MAKING TERRIBLE POSTS ON /k/.

>Can you introduce me to American Pharoah?
>>
>>34908903
Well now yer trollin
>>
Le maymay comic and retarded shit post bait. How does /k/ keep doing it?
>>
>>34909606
You can bleed out in 60 seconds if a major vessel is hit. Other nations have ambulances that can teleport to crime scenes in less than a minute now? Damn, US tech really is lacking.
>>
>>34908769
>bruh u suk at cowadooty
>bruh why don't u just shoot head is easier kill
>just train moar u lazy fag
>god u plebs are so stoopid unlike us civilized MLG noscope
I don't know, is there a better comparison?
>>
>>34910555
I have a friend that lives next door to a fire station. He drinks beer with them regularly. I'm pretty sure he gets amazing ambulance response.
>>
>>34911618
>Shooting to the center of mass is better because shooting to the leg MIGHT kill the subject
Really activates my almonds
>>
>>34910555
>Americans dont have a system that directs traffic for ambulances
Oh dear
>>
>>34908903
>Sending an ambulance into a potential combat situation.

I'm sure that'll work out so well.
>>
>>34908949
Ok, you're a retard living in a retarded Third World shithole. Here's the breakdown for you. Shooting somebody is using lethal force. Applying lethal force while deliberately trying to achieve a non-lethal outcome meets the legal definition (by international law) of torture. US cops are trained to apply lethal force only in situations where they feel a life is at risk. They apply that force until the threat is abated. They are not trying to keep the suspect alive, they're shooting to stop the threat. Yes, it's very subjective. If the cop is in the wrong, he gets breech-loaded by the press and the court.

Apparently, in other parts of the world the police routinely train and practice to commit torture on the citizens they're ostensibly supposed to protect. And you guys call us barbaric.
>>
>>34908872
Apparently some countries, e.g. Netherlands, have shoot to arrest laws that allow LE to shoot a fleeing suspect in order to take him into custody.
>>
>>34911052
Why are you on this board? You've demonstrated a breathtaking lack of knowledge of firearms or ballistics. Are you trolling from some blue website? Looking for some juicy screencaps to take back?
>>
>>34911901
Oh? Do they have an ambulance and crew at the station?
>>
>>34912576
It's called Opticom. It's been around in the US for a couple of decades, at least.
>>
>>34908949
>>34908769
This technique is terrible for Europe, as you can't aim at the legs when the person is driving right towards you.
>>
>>34908769
I can't believe this shit bait thread got so much attention

sage
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.