[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disappearing innawoods to shoot and camp for 4 days, don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Disappearing innawoods to shoot and camp for 4 days, don't know what to eat.

Taking my truck so I've got two Yetis with a Coleman propane stove with oven, skottle, cast iron skillets, and a Dutch oven.

What recipes are your go to?

(bonus for ingredients and directions, I'll copy to Word and make a /k/ cookbook)
>>
>>34906749
beans and coffee
>>
Take beans, rice, pastas, corn.

Also eggs, bacon, sauce or vege in a can.

Make any mix of thoses.
>>
>>34906749
Dutch oven roasts turn out pretty well if you're feeding a few.

>3-4 pound rump roast, bonus points for venison
>2 Tbsp butter
>1lb baby carrots
>1/2lb celery, trimmed, stalks cut into quarters
>2 onions peeled and quartered
>4 cloves garlic peeled and smashed
>Fistful of thyme sprigs, tied tightly with butcher's twine
>4-ish bay leaves
>Salt and pepper
>12 oz. beer, preferably Newcastle or some other medium ale

Set the oven open over the coals and get it fairly hot. Add the carrots and stir it around for about 2 minutes. Add the onions, celery, garlic, and some salt and pepper and let the onions get a little color.
Meanwhile, season the roast generously with salt and pepper. Move the veggies to the edge of the dutch oven, throw the roast in the middle (fatty side up if using beef), add the beer, submerge the thyme and bay leaves. Seal her up and bury in the coals for about 6 hours or till it's fork tender.

You can serve it up as is or fish out the goods and add gravy mix to the liquid that's left. Normally I'm against gravy mix but it's acceptable when you're outdoors.

You can prep all the veggies and herbs ahead of time and put them in a single gallon ziplock bag in the cooler.
>>
>>34906973
I forgot to add, butter goes in with the carrots.
>>
>>34906749
>Add shoot just to make my fantasy camping trip blog weapons related
>>
>>34907036
Work's been shit and I've worked 3 straight 16s. I'd rather disappear in to the Cascades for a long weekend than bum around my house doing nothing.
>>
>>34906749
What kind of woods can you just disappear into with a truck and shoot things?

t. wnc
>>
File: 1494042082204.jpg (85KB, 640x286px) Image search: [Google]
1494042082204.jpg
85KB, 640x286px
Shooter's Sandwich.
>>
Bring shit loads of dry foods like oats and granola. It will allow you to always have food without worrying about cooking and heat.
>>
Red beans and rice is my favorite. Zatarains makes a good one. A couple packets of mashed potatoes and country gravy are pretty great too. If you're really hungry, you can mix the potatoes in with the gravy to give it a bit more body. Mixing freeze dried mashed potatoes into almost anything is a pretty good trick. I pack in some sweet pastries, like cream cheese danishes, too. A few sugary things with substance can feel like a delicacy after 2 days eating beans.
>>
>>34907302
Cascades. Logging trails and forestry road errywhere
>>
>>34907403
Explain

Looks like grilled cheese with steak?
>>
>>34907488
>Get a circular loaf of bread
>Cut top off
>Gut the bread to desire thickness from crust
>Cover the inside and lid with mustard/horseradish
>Saute onion and mushroom
>Cook stakes to your liking
>Acquire preferred cheese
>Build stake base layer
>Continue to layer the ingredients how you desire
>Put top on
>Wrap it in parchment/plastic wrap loosely
>Wrap in foil loosely
>Compress
>Refrigerate
>Be rewarded with a super sandwich that only chad would eat
>>
Alrighty my suggestions mainly come from a backpacking perspective so they focus on reduced weight and "cooking everything in one container" kind of packing, let me see if i can remember what I used.

Lets see

Idahoan Mashed Potatoes mixed with cubed dried meat.
https://idahoan.com/product-category/flavored-mashed/
Pretty much take jerky sticks and chop them up. Use water from a jetboil and prepare the taters according to the pouch directions. While cooking stir in the jerky stick bits into the potatoes along with freeze dried onions/green onions or whatever other herbs you prefer. They're filling, salty and satisfying, especially after a long day of hiking. Lots of carbs, salt protein.

Instant soup of choice mixed with freeze dried couscous.

This is flexible and filling. I've used the instant Miso soups from Trader Joes, prepare them according to the directions, and add couscous for lots of fiber and protein, so that even a simple broth soup can be filling and tasty.

https://thesummitregister.com/homemade-backpacking-meals-just-add-water/

If you really want to splurge, dried tortellini pasta will cook well and be full of dried cheese that is nice and salty for eating. Since you're car camping you can bring jars of sauce and whatnot and be filling as hell.

Freeze Dried Refried Bean Flakes mixed with dried jerky and herbs.
http://shop.honeyville.com/refried-bean-flakes.html

Also another filling meat and carb dish. Will fill you up and is totally versatile. The flakes are super light so they're easy enough to pack for a day hike with a jetboil and eat on the go. Then just add herbs and meat as you see fit.

Breakfast stuff, just bags of cereal mixed with dried milk powder so you can just pour the combined mixture into a cub and add water. Bam instant milk and cereal without holding separate containers.

Pop tarts are a nice treat for the end of the day, I usually would pack one at resupply points.

Ramen packs + meat + herbs, always a good standby.
>>
>>34907605
Finally for snacks, bars, dried fruit (particularly mango/guava/pears/apples for plenty of simple carbs plus high calories for quick energy.

Jerky is always good.

For the snack bars what I've found when you've been hyiking for a very long time, and this may vary, but I've found that when I'm out that long, I start disliking super sweet things like most of the nature valley granola bars, my palate starts demanding saltier stuff like jerky or nuts instead or really dark bitter chocolate.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/out/1084355
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.