[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would it be worth it to get an SKS? or is there better options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: SKS.jpg (86KB, 1200x527px) Image search: [Google]
SKS.jpg
86KB, 1200x527px
Would it be worth it to get an SKS? or is there better options for a similar price.
>>
>>34906331
> Canadian
Yes
> American
No
>>
>>34906331
If you want a cool historical semi-auto with cheap ammo? Sure.
If you want to swap out every part on the rifle to make it tacticool, just get an AK.
>>
I love mine, I bought it last december as my first gun and it's a blast. Even if you're american, it's worth the $400-500 price tag. There's just something intimate about loading it with stripper clips.
>>
>>34906331
>Would it be worth it to get an SKS? or is there better options for a similar price.
Options for doing what?

At this point, milsurp is for collectors only - if you just want a cheap shooter, a budget AR will be better, cheaper, and use more widely-available and less-expensive ammo.
>>
>>34906366
>less expensive ammo
7.62 is cheaper than 5.56
>>
>>34906331
>or is there better options

The SKS is the perfect rifle. There are no better options.
>>
>>34906331
https://www.centerfiresystems.com/p-9769-yugo-zastava-m5966a1-sks-762x39-rifle-in-good-condition-with-cracked-stock.aspx
$320
https://wisearms.com/products/wise-arms-16-inch-5-56-w-13-5-inch-keymod?utm_source=Wise+Arms+SALE
$400
>>
>>34906380
Wherever you're buying 5.56, remind me never to shop there.
>>
>>34906433
I go to cabellas, a 20 round box of Red Army standard is about $6, while a 20 round box of PPU 556 is like $7
>>
>>34906403
Now I'm really torn between AR and SKS, but I Think I might go for the SKS just because I like the historical part about it
>>
>>34906454

if you're not buying by weight in lined polybarrels or by pallets, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>34906366
>5.56 is cheaper than x39
For 1000 rounds of each, the best price I'm seeing on luckygunner is 220 for x39 and 305 (not counting sale price) for 5.56.

Per box, 20 rounds of PMC XTAC 5.56 is 7.25, while Wolf x39 is 5.25.
>>
>>34906493
both 19 cents per round at sgammo
>>
File: 1498883601972.jpg (64KB, 1018x785px) Image search: [Google]
1498883601972.jpg
64KB, 1018x785px
Which should I buy, /k/? Unissued Yugo SKS for $450, or Russian Tula SKS for ~$600-650 (good condition, but not unissued or anything).
>>
Not really worth it anymore, Yugo's are $420 plug shipping, and you could just get a AKM for a little more.
>>
SKS is a great rifle for what it is. But for the price they go for these days, you can effectively get an AK variant or cheap AR for around the same amount of money. If you could pick only one, id say skip the SKS and opt for an AK. Id advise against a cheap AR. Unless youre willing to drop more money, because otherwise youll just get a big fat gun bug bite that itches and youll want a better one.

If you can afford more than one gun, get the SKS and whatever else, its fun as fuck to shoot and will hit you right in your milsurp feels. If you wanna get fancy bed the stock, recrown the barrel, and get a professional trigger job done, and throw some techsites on it - thing will shoot pretty damn great for being a cheap slavshit peasant rifle.

If you live in a bitchboy state like cali or NY, SKS is basically the best rifle you can buy for the money hands down, as all the other options in that price range are garbo.
>>
I was really considering getting one till I saw AR prices drop recently. SKS's are usually around $425 at my local gun stores for a Yugo, $500+ for Russian, and $725+ for a Norinco accepting AK mags.

I was also looking at ones which already had optics mounted. Being around the same price as one without, I figured it'd be a bargain. But a co-worker pointed out that they were all mounted to the dust cover, meaning every time you take it apart to clean it, you'd have to zero it again. He explained that it's just not a firearm suited to mounting optics.

Not sure how accurate that information is, but I found S&W M&P Sport II going for $450ish and made up my mind pretty quickly after that. I'd still like an SKS someday though, and need to keep in mind that they'll probably never be cheaper than they are now.

I also seriously considered picking up a Century RAS-47 for $540ish, but ended up deciding that a solid budget AR was a safer choice than the cheapest AK around. The difference in ammo cost between 5.56 and 7.62 (at least in my area) would've soon made the price difference worth it, but I think I'd buy the AR again even if the guns were the same price, just because I'm more certain I'm getting a good product.
>>
>>34906564
I'd get the Yugo. Just got one for $400 after taxes. Haven't shot it yet but it's sexy as hell.
>>
File: 20170219_154448.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170219_154448.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
I absolutely love my two SKS
I paid 300 for the Norinco and 450 for the Tula
I would have happily paid up to 600 for the Tula, I really love it that much, its just a wonderful rifle, by far the most fun rifle per dollar spent that I own.
>>
>>34906331
It is currently the cheapest 7.62x39 semi auto you're gonna find, the value will only go up so if you want one get it now.
>>
>>34906331
Are you a milsurp collector? If yes, yes. If no, no. Buy an AR instead.
>>
>>34907198
Those are pretty good deals. Canadia?
>>
>>34906331
It's one or the best sniper rifles in PUBG so of course
>>
>>34906331
you need to own one to browse k duh
>>
>>34907275
not a fucking chance. norc would run $250 cad and tula closer to $300 cad.

he's out of his mind or just a regular /k/ slavshit autist if he thinks those are good value. and really sheltered and lacking substantial experience if they're the most fun.
>>
>>34906331

They used to be mandatory in terms of guns to own, but recent price spikes make them iffy. I got my Chinese SKS for $300, and that's pushing it. As it is, you can get a decent AR for only $400, and the minimum for an SKS these days is pushing $400, if not higher.
>>
>>34906331
They were excellent buys at $165 like when I got my Yugo.

It's a really accurate rifle, maybe all the workers were happy that day.
>>
>>34907279
kek
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.