[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel a certain way about weapons instinctively

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: ruby.jpg (1MB, 1560x1320px) Image search: [Google]
ruby.jpg
1MB, 1560x1320px
Does anyone else feel a certain way about weapons instinctively just based on their action?
Straight blowback is the caveman of guns brutal and dumb.
Gas pistons on the other hand are just cheating, tarted up blowback and no better than they should be.
Recoil action, now that is for gentlemen.
>>
>>34901704

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as direct impingement, is in fact the Stoner gas system, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, true expanding gas system. The Stoner gas system is not an direct impingement system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning gas operated system made useful by the bolt carrier expansion chamber, bolt and gas rings comprising a full gas system as defined by CIP/SAAMI.
Many firearm users run a modified version of the Stoner gas system, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of the true expanding gas system which is widely used today is often called “direct impingement”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the true expanding gas system system, developed by Eugene Stoner. There really is a direct impingement, and other guns are using it, but it is just a part of the system those guns use.
The gas system: the part in the system that allocates the rifle's gas to the bolt carrier group. The gas system is an essential part of a firearm, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete firearm design. Direct impingement is normally used in combination with direct action on the gas key: the whole Stoner gas system is basically the expansion chamber with direct impingement added, or the true expanding gas system. All the so-called “direct impingement” firearms are really combinations of the true expanding gas system.
>>
File: nice.gif (3MB, 444x250px) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
3MB, 444x250px
>>34902616
>>
File: 1488312602504.jpg (36KB, 496x599px) Image search: [Google]
1488312602504.jpg
36KB, 496x599px
Okay really stupid question, I'll admit that

How does the barrel stay where it's supposed to be in a short recoil gun

It's not bolted to the receiver or whatever, because it has to slide
>>
>>34902679
locking lugs on the bottom of the barrel interface with stuff on the frame
>>
>>34902679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiV7m0VGKY8 watch this
>>
>>34901704
That ruby clone make you feel some type of way?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.