[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there will ever be a need for a rifle/LMG hybrid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault-14.jpg (369KB, 1536x1152px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault-14.jpg
369KB, 1536x1152px
Do you think there will ever be a need for a rifle/LMG hybrid like the Japanese type 11, with a low controllable rate of fire and manageable recoil on full auto?

I'm not talking specifically about the weird stripper clip hopper system, but the general idea of the gun, something that can sling full sized rifle rounds downrage at a rate of 400-500 rpm, either from a bipod or standing.

Idk. Why have low rpm machine guns more or less dissapeared anyway? it seems like a good idea.
>>
>>34895523
M4 with semi or firing in short bursts provides sustained fire.

Not much point trying to bridge a gap that's mostly already bridged.
>>
File: 1502445075064.jpg (3MB, 2480x3424px) Image search: [Google]
1502445075064.jpg
3MB, 2480x3424px
>>34895523
man the type 11 is a sexy beast
>>
>>34895523
dat california legal stock
>>
>>34895579
Yeah but when we go to war against the Chinese I want something that goes

*tchinktchinkCHINKCHINKCHINK* at them

Only the Japanese could field such a weapon.
>>
>>34895789
A thought occurs, would that hopper counta as a magazine under cali law? Maybe ars with type 11 hoppers as a workaround
>>
>>34895523
If you modified a M249 to fire about half what it does now and fed it with M4 mags then you would have something similar.
Type 11 is one of my dream guns. They look so weird and the idea is cool.
>>
File: 1502964419328.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1502964419328.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>34895588
>sweaty IJA girls
>pantsu
>obscure firearm
>stripper clips
>puttees instead of long socks
JESUS I didn't know i needed this but I do
>>
File: 1502443996124.jpg (3MB, 2480x3424px) Image search: [Google]
1502443996124.jpg
3MB, 2480x3424px
>>34896703
>tfw gunner-chan wont ever replace her pillow with your face while assistant gunner-chan uses some of that oil to lube up her feet and give you a foot job
>>
>>34895523
Sounds great on paper, but, isnt it enough with the Assault Rifles anyways?
>>
Theres always this
>>
>>34895523
This got me thinking, guys.

What if we took the M249 and instead relegated that to specific squads in a unit designated specifically as heavy suppression squads and instead gave one of the normal riflemen and the guy who would have been the SAW gunner HBAR M16s with some small modifications to beef them up (kinda like an RPK compared to an AK) and issued them with a simplified Magpul style D60.

The whole squad each carries an extra D60 alongside their usual seven mags, the two automatic weapons guys have less weight to carry and sacrifice a small amount of the firepower but all in all make for a more mobile and mostly the same effectiveness of the standard type of unit.

Perhaps this would be best implemented for things like the rangers, where weight is a bit more of a problem?
We could even come up with an open bolt mechanism to prevent chain fires.
>>
>>34896826
This also simplifies the supply chain a little btw.
In the event of fuckups, they can still use STANAG mags without having any extra complication like on the Minimi.
>>
>>34896840
Fuck my life I just realized I pretty much
Described the M28 IAR program.
>>
>>34896728
does this artist know where the fuck nipples are supposed to be
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.