[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People meme all the time about it but uh Does anyone here actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

People meme all the time about it
but uh
Does anyone here actually OWN and train with a hi-point?
>>
I have a problem solver 45 and I practice with it, if that is what you're asking
>>
>>34884522
They're ok. Cheap enough to murder someone with it then throw it away.
>>
>>34884522
My Uncle has a C9 and it's a piece of shit. It jams twice a mag and the mags themselves are garbage. The firing pin is also the ejector.
>>
>>34884522

I have a buddy who does. But he's poor and has convinced himself that cheap goods are just as durable as expensive goods and that anything he can't afford is just a government conspiracy.
>>
>>34884535
>45
Fuckin try hard get a 9mm
>>
>>34884522
When I first got into shooting, after a series of criminal incidents around a campus I was working on, I bought a C-9. I bought it specifically because I didn't want to get into buying guns if I wasn't going to go to the range and practice, and if I'd go to the public range and be seen practicing with a C-9, then this was the hobby for me.

Now 11 years later, I have 29 guns, and no Hi-Points. But it was a good starter training pistol, if for no other reason than it was cheap and easy to resell.
>>
I started on a c-9, and now miss it horribly. Every time I see one I get nostalgic for that POS.

I have about 20 guns now, probably 5 or 6 handguns, and I crave hi point.
>>
First gun I owned was a hi point 9mm carbine grandpa gave me. Its a fun gun, shoots fairly accurately at short distance, and didn't start having problems until I put a few thousands rounds through it, and I have no idea how many he put through before he gave it to me. I genuinely enjoyed it.
>>
>>34884522
Own?

Yeah.

"Train" with it?

Nah, mang. Nah.
>>
>>34884768
Why nah?
>>
>>34884535
>>34884522
I want to CCW a Hi Point .45acp as my first ever fire arm what do you think of that
>>
File: senbaitzakura.jpg (31KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
senbaitzakura.jpg
31KB, 599x563px
>>34885108
>>
>>34885122

It's not bait.
>>
>>34885108
Better then nothing.

>>34884522
I have one I bought out of curiosity. It's superior to the Makarov I spent about the same amount on.
>>
>>34885167
b8
>>
>>34885108
Better than nothing, though weight and size will make it uncomfortable, I almost feel my P6 is to large.

If you're serious about it though , make sure you scrub the powder coat from the rails, feed ramp, and basically everything behind the ejection port on the "underside' of the side.

Mag disconnect might be a good thing to remove too, add a Torque screw to the take down pin with a simple Tap and you're golden.
>>
>>34885330
What's the reason for this?
I don't know anything about DIY things to a gun no matter how small
>>
>>34885357
fuck you
>>
>>34885491
Fuck me fuck you
>>
If Hi-Point pistols weren't so fucking ugly I'd probably own one.
>>
>>34885833
I like their ugliness
>>
>>34885357
Ah pardon I was busy.
The reason why is because Hi-point powder coats their firearms, This is a treatment while adding elemental resistace to rust or weathering , it adds a lot of friction
(Durability + 3 Functionality - 10)
Removing the powder coat allows parts to move easier where they are suppose to.
The feed ram polish is needed to help reliable feeding from the mag.

The mag disconnect is a personal dislike of mine due to the issue if the mag is not seated corrected upon presentation I.e you bump it while drawing, the weapon will not fire.

Another issue with Hi-points are the quality of the magazines, the feed lips could be to much or to little, or the springs could be to weak to allow proper feeding.
Here is some examples
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz--2iyJqAk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws6T-9LFsao

Any other questions I can answer for you real fast?
>>
>>34886760
Are hi points picky with ammunition? I'm interested in the 45 and I hear those have less issues with jamming or picky ammunition than the smaller calibers though that could just be fudd talk or whatever.
>>
File: ti84.jpg (50KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
ti84.jpg
50KB, 640x640px
>>34886820
That is due to the larger spring , the .45 model has a much more powerful recoil spring that overcomes the friction from powder-coat/ couple this will more mass moving (the slide) ,it works better than the lighter recoiling rounds such as 9x19 or .380. Because it has more energy both directions.

Who knew, .45 acp has more energy than 9x19

As for the ammunition question its self, Yes, they are very picky due to the angle at which the feed ramp attempts to load the rounds, this is true of most weapons but a polished feed ramp helps this significantly.
>>
>>34886982
You've been really helpful! I'll probably go in to buy one tomorrow. Then I'll scrub the powder coat.
>>
>>34887014
there are a number of videos on the subject, Do not skimp on researching the proper tools and methods to do this, as it will effect the longevity of your fire arm.

Good luck, and stay safe.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.