[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do self-defence missiles have a maximum target speed? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: missile-mer-03-aster.jpg (103KB, 800x588px) Image search: [Google]
missile-mer-03-aster.jpg
103KB, 800x588px
Why do self-defence missiles have a maximum target speed?

I understand if you want to do area defence you might be engaging a crossing target so you need tot be fast enough to catch up.

But if a ballistic missile in its final in atmosphere phase, or hypersonic weapon is heading towards you, then why shouldn't your slower missile be able to place itself between the ship and the incoming threat?
>>
Are electronics omniscient in your timeline?
>>
>>34881531
what a constructive post. good job.
>>
>>34881531
Aster 15 and Aster 30 are identical with the exception of the booster. Yet they have different maximum target speeds.

Electronics have nothing to do with the ability to reach a point in space where a detected target will be.
>>
>>34881483
Because the faster an incoming projectile is traveling the less time a missile defense system has to calculate an intercept route and actually intercept the missile. The defense system has a minimum time it needs to identify and incoming projectile, calculate an intercept trajectory, and actually launch an intercepting projectile and have it intercept before impact. If the incoming missile is traveling fast enough to impact before all that takes place then the missile defense system will not be able to intercept.
>>
>>34881531
>>34882009
If you two are the sane why didn't you just make this as one post from the beginning?
>>
>>34882058
I'm not >>34881531
I'm >>34882009
I did my best to give an actual answer.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.