[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My mom is on the lookout for a concealed carry gun, preferably

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

My mom is on the lookout for a concealed carry gun, preferably something simple without a ridiculous price. What does /k/ recommend?
>>
Glock 42
>>
>>34880719
S&W Shield 9mm
>>
>>34880719
glocknade
>>
>>34880719
Glock 42
Glock 26
S&W shield
Ruger LCP9
>>
WAlther PPS while it's still on sale. If that's too big go with the sig P238
>>
>>34880813
PPS M2 specifically
>>
>>34880719
Charter bulldog in .44 special. Not joking.
>>
>>34880719
obrez. Pay the $200 stamp for her birthday and saw the fucker down yourself
>>
>>34880864
Le women can only operate revolvers meme

Tip o' dee hat to you anon
>>
>>34880719
lc9
>>
>>34880719
Ruger LCR.
>>
File: savageAutomatic.jpg (794KB, 700x907px) Image search: [Google]
savageAutomatic.jpg
794KB, 700x907px
Get her a Savage Automatic
>>
>>34881069
Eh not that guy but... Alot of people (not just women) that want a weapon for defense and have never been a gun person, do not want to train enough to really have a good grasp on how a semi auto pistol works.

I knew a guy who honestly when the one time a year he went to go shooting with us was a decent shot, but 90% of the time would forget simple things like chamber the firearm before shooting or taking the safety off.

Ever time I would think to myself that he would just be better off with a revolver. This kind of person sees a gun as like a magic talisman to keep themselves safe more than a tool that you must train with.
>>
>>34880719
how old is your mom? if shes not a weakling and can rack the slide of a semi auto i say something like a glock 380 or sig238. also a small revolver like sp101 in 32 mag or 22 mag is a good choice. she probably wont be able to handle the snappy 9mm polymer subcompacts very well
>>
also, ppk or similar in 32 acp, maybe a seecamp
>>
>>34880719
take her to the range and let her try some guns (revolvers/autos, 9mm/.38/.357/.380, various sizes). Identify in what areas she has most problems (trigger, slide, recoil etc.). Based on that help her choose gun that she can use to greatest effect.

If she's too weak to operate anything suggest her Berreta Tomcat.
>>
Every time a female "wants" a gun
>I just want something small
>I want something simple
>I can't pull the top part
>Does this come in other colors?

This is the only part I hate about working sales at a gun store. I fucking HATE middle aged women coming in and wasting my time when they decide to not even buy. Whats worse are the fucking cuck fags who shriek J FRAME J FRAME GET A REVOLVER like that's an option. Or even worse a fucking 380.

Ask your mom what she plans on doing. House gun? Ideally an AR. Not every one is ready for an AR out the gate. If she objects, tell her a full sized 9mm. Bigger heavier guns means less recoil, more bullets and better chances your JHP rounds will penetrate consistently and expand consistently. Getting a small gun for the house is fucking retarded and only handicaps the user.

If she's having problems with the slide, tell her to quit using her to fucking fingers like a dumbass and hold the gun CLOSE AND PARALLEL to her chest and use her WHOLE FUCKING HAND TO GRAB the slide. Push with your dominate hand, pull with your support hand. Wow, now your bitch ass mom can work any pistol slide.
>>
>>34882097
>AR
>middle aged woman with no experience
nothing can go wrong
>>
>>34882124
>No one can learn anything ever
>>
>>34882097

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

every gun store/gun range has at least one total autismo. You are it.
>>
>>34882138
Apparently with j frames also
>>
>>34880719
Tulsky Tokarev
>>
Snub nose .22
>>
>>34880719

take the $100 intro class at local gun range

maybe take the ladies class too

decide wether to get revolver or semi-auto

simple = 38 snubbie with basic 125gr loads
>>
>>34880719
Bersa thunder
>>
>>34882097
>>34882097
pump shotgun mossberg in 20 gauge is the ideal female HD gun.

for ccw, she has to be pretty devoted and have decent intelligence, hand strength, self awareness, hand eye coordination, diligence and motivation to fight. most middle aged women and older have none of these and have no business CCWing. but the ones that do, are probably best served with something like a beretta tomcat in 32acp
>>
>>34883462
Bersa Thunder Plus
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.