[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best rifle I can get that bypasses the "bullet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

What's the best rifle I can get that bypasses the "bullet button" bullshit on california? Been looking at rifles that are loaded with stripper clips but not sure what's good.
>>
File: nra_mini-01.jpg (9KB, 425x189px)
nra_mini-01.jpg
9KB, 425x189px
Your best bet is a Ruger Mini-14. 100% Available in .223/5.56, detachable magazines, time-tested and proven, and California legal right out of the box, with no bullet button required. Just make sure to get a new (580 series) one.
>>
File: hra3-12.jpg (680KB, 970x640px) Image search: [Google]
hra3-12.jpg
680KB, 970x640px
Garand for sure. get it through the CMP. its a pain in the ass to do the paperwork but its not THAT bad.

I got a service grade HRA for $600 in 2013 and its my favorite rifle.
>>
>>34877035
>bypasses the "bullet button" bullshit on california
featureless
or just not comply
>>
>>34877074
>refinishing a garand
>>
>>34877402
it came with that orange colored stock from the cmp. I just rubbed in some linseed oil.
>>
>>34877057
>time-tested and proven
It failed trials
>>
>>34877429
Whose trials? Where? When? Testing for what? To what standard?

The amount of bullshit around here is just amazing.
>>
M1A isn't bad. I've enjoyed my real-fuckin'-NATO Springfield Scout Squad. Reliable and accurate over thousands of rounds, and it's featureless, so no bullet button required to use detachable mags.
>>
>>34877035
Leave that shithole and antagonize Kim Jong Il to nuke it.
It's the patriotic thing to do
>>
>>34877035
Get the device that lets you use stripper clips to squish rounds into the magazine through the ejection port.

inb4 "b-but i eject from there oniichan"
>>
>>34877074
The CMP isn't that difficult to work with. My first Garand from them had a turnaround time of 8 days, my second was under a week.

>>34877035
Go with the Garand. People will accuse you of being a fudd, but fuck em. Its got the best iron sights ever put on a rifle, and glorious ping.
>>
>>34877074
How bad IS the paperwork? All these garlands coming back and I'd love one.
>>
HERE'S THE LAW.

First off, no detachable magazine=no problem.

If you have a CENTERFIRE rifle with a detachable magazine, and any one of these features, you must register your weapon as an assault weapon.
>folding/collapsible stock
>flash suppression
>pistol grip
>thumb hole stock

So the options are to:
Change all the parts to compliment ones.
Install a magazine lock that requires the disassembly of the receiver to drop the magazine. (look up patriot pin)

Another way to have all the fun features and a normal mag release, is to build up a rimfire rifle.
>>
>>34877035

a featureless AR15, buy a lower and build it yourself as featureless. Not the hardest thing in the world.

Unless you really like it, I'd avoid the mini. Expenisve mags, not as accurate, doesn't play well with sights or different accessories. More expensive than your average featureless AR15.

Garand is sexy, but pricey and the ammo is expensive.

Also you do know you can't buy ammo online next year right?
>>
>>34877035
I would just get an M1, OP. I live in a free state myself but I'm considering it to be my go to rifle.
>>
>>34879560
It's no more intrusive than a 4473. You have a few more requirements, though. You've got to be a part of a CMP affiliate club (the NRA doesn't count as one), but they can help you find one. You've also got to show proof of marksmanship, so a CCW, results from a match, etc.

The first form must also be notarized and mailed in.
>>
>>34877545
thats what i did and i am never going back
fuck ca, pay so much for so little
>>
The CMP is damn near out of rifles unless there was a dramatic change recently. I know there were talks of getting the Korean lends back. If you check the CMP website youll see there arent many offerings.

As for the paperwork, it was actually easier than buying any other gun. I also drove up to hand pick my nm. At the store it was shameful there were near empty racks and really low quality left. I wosh i had picked up one of the referb 308s while there now, but thats hindsight.
>>
Honestly, CMP is cool and all but with their requirements why not just buy one from a private seller? I see M1s for 700-850 on armslist pretty reguarly, in fact I paid 850 for my 1940 rifle, and its in pretty nice condition.
>>
>>34880014
There used to be a /k/ specific club for the garand, they would even pool money to get discounts on large purchases. They were recognized by CMP as an official club meeting that part of the requirement. Guess all the oldfags got what they wanted as it isn't active anymore.

Now you can just join the Garand Owners Club for like $15. A bonus is they then send your info to CMP so you're already "on the list" when you get your other ducks in a row.
>>
>>34880103
It fluctuates. They're basically taking the receivers from old beat to shit ones and rebarreling and putting new stocks on them.

If you look at the website their stock changes a bit. One week they'll have service grade. Check back a few weeks later and there's select grade or whatever the fuck you call the better than rack grade. Check back month later and its just rack grade.
>>
>>34877035
M1 is fine but you shouldn't use modern loads because it can bend the op rod. I have one and I love it but .30-06 isn't exactly plinking ammo and I'll usually have to get parts online if they need replacing. Work inna Cali gun store so I can tell you what the DOJ has told us:

If you have an AR prior to 2017:
Make featureless by making the stock fixed, using a muzzle break/compensator/thread cap/no threads, and having a pistol grip that either blocks your thumb from crossing the action or having a Thordson stock.
If you absolutely want and need your standard features then get the Maglock, but good luck with a double feed.
Other option is registering but fuck that, don't do it.

There are some alternatives to an AR/AK like a Ruger Mini or M1A. There's of course the SKS but they've gone waaaaay up in price. Kel Tec Su-16 are okay but they feel so cheap.

Honestly OP I'm optimistic about these dumbass laws going away, I tell people to either get a Mini/M1A or lowers and wait it out
>>
>>34880227
Ive been thinking of making another trip and picking up whatever I can find. This time ill buy bayonets while there. The good thing is the physical store tends to have more than whats listed online.
>>
just move to a state that isnt shit
>inb4 cant just move
stop being poor
>>
ares scr or whatever it is now called
like a mini 14 but better

there are also a few viable keltec models
>>
>>34880103
Forgot where but there is a country returning tens of thousands of m1s we lent them. Think it was the Philippines.
>>
File: poorfag storage solutions.png (2MB, 912x1184px) Image search: [Google]
poorfag storage solutions.png
2MB, 912x1184px
>>34877057
This. Mini 14 and Mini 30's if you want to spend as much as you would a mid range AR. You can have a semi auto centerfire rifle with a detacheable magazine only if it has no pistol grip and flash hider. Garands,M1A's and M1 Carbines are pretty pricey and milsurp is getting hard to find at a reasonable price. If you ever see an SKS for less than $500, go for it.
>>
>>34879560
>Garlands
Someone has watched Megazone 23 recently.
>>
Garand
Mini-14
Sks

In that order or backwards if your a poorfag.
>>
>>34882332
Autocorrect gets you every time. What can I say.
>>
>>34881853
Philippines is returning around 80,000 rifles, but there probably all rusted to shit. The only other ones that are rumored to be returned eventually are the ones in South Korea. However there's some legal fuckery there and they might not be able to go through the CMP
>>
File: MA9102_11.jpg (240KB, 2100x1692px)
MA9102_11.jpg
240KB, 2100x1692px
>>
>>34882700
O bummer did his very best to block the Korean M1s.
Hopefully The Donald will get them back for us before the left finds something to really crucify him for.
>>
>>34877035
Ruger American or build your own.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.