[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the current rate for an AR-10 lower in Massachusetts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

What's the current rate for an AR-10 lower in Massachusetts?

Guy has an Aero Precision M5 stripped lower selling for $500, but I haven't been able to figure out if that's an assrape rate or not due to a lack of forum posts and ads about them.
>>
>>34876938
>stripped lower
>$500
What the fuck?
>>
$500 is pricey in freedom land.
>>
>>34876950
The attorney general is an asshole and retroactively declared ARs illegal and that all FFL sales of them since then were against the law, but pinky promised she won't arrest people who own them at the moment. No new AR lowers could be sold by FFLs in Massachusetts after 7/20/2016, and MA residents can't buy them out of state, so the only way we legally get any new ones is when somebody moves here and decides to sell some of their collection privately. Stripped Anderson lowers were selling for like $300 in January, and cost who knows how much now. Similarly, Glocks that cost $500 a couple miles north in New Hampshire are ~$900 here as a result.

I want to build an AR10, but don't want to get ripped off even more than MA residents normally get ripped off in the process.
>>
>>34877000
can you do an 80% receiver? do you have the skillset or desire to build your own.
>>
>>34877000

There are ways to get cheap Glocks and even off list pistols, but I've yet to find a good avenue for getting lowers. A better bet would be to find an NH FFL that will sell you a complete rifle.
>>
Every time I feel bad about California's gun laws, I sit back and think: "Well, at least we're not Massachusetts!"
>>
>>34877017
Legally yes; skillwise maybe. Main thing I'm trying to figure out is whether dealing with the equipment and time I'd need + possibility of fucking it up is more trouble than it's worth.

>>34877063
Why would an NH FFL sell an MA resident a complete AR10? I thought that was insanely illegal. Also, what's the price range you've been seeing standard 5.56 lowers go for these days?
>>
>>34877063
NH FFL could not legally sell a MA resident an AR10 that wasn't pre ban

Source: I work at an NH FFL
>>
>>34877112
5.56 lowers in NH are dirt cheap because we have no gun laws

Down there you guys are stuck with whatever is in the state, just like with Glocks

The only real way around it is finding a MA FFL who is willing to sell you the lower/rifle/glock and take the potential fine for it, but once they've sold you the gun, it's yours, and the AG can't go after you for it, just the dealer who sold it to you
>>
>>34877196

Here's a retarded idea. Could an MA or NH FFL remove or otherwise disable the gas system on an AR-10 or 15 and sell it to an MA resident as a straight pull bolt action?
>>
>>34877196

WAIT. Another question. Could you sell pic related to an MA resident? I know that stripped lowers can't be purchased out of state and then brought back, but don't they count as long guns if a stock is attached?

If so, pic related would be a long gun per federal law and OK to purchase out of state, but it wouldn't even qualify as a firearm by MA state law and therefore be OK on your end?
>>
I moved to PA
Legit got another job after I realized the AG couldn't be impeached because her office isn't elected and that she could change the law unanimously, with no vote, about our constitutional rights

Last nail
There is no hope for MA
FUCK YOU YOU COMMIE BITCH
>>
>>34877000
>MA residents can't buy them out of state
Why is that exactly? You can buy rifles in a different state, plus private party and all.
>>
>>34877000
Wait what, a state AG can just do that?
>>
>>34879323
Ours basically threatened to "pursue to the highest degree of the law" any business selling AK or AR (or AK or AR derivative or parts or operating mechanism sharing) rifles.

So every gun shop, already bullied to the edge by state laws, taxes, scrutiny, etc. Stopped selling an AR or AK under fear the the Attorney General would make an example of them with a spectacular public lawsuit that would sink most small businesses unable to pony up the legal fees to fight the entire force of the AGs office

It's criminal
>>
>>34880212
Why isn’t the NRA offering to help? Or are they? Serious question
>>
>>34880514
>still thinking the NRA cares about gun owners
oh honey I've got some bad news for you...
>>
>>34880514
No, I went to the protests
None of it means anything in this state
She's also got after mass based gun manufacturers saying they don't pass safety standards shes creating and is aiming to sue them out of the state. Like Springfield and Smith and Wesson

She is an actual tyrant
>>
>>34880952
Springfield is a shitty corporation from IL that stole the Springfield name and produces shitty copies of their rifles and pistols, they have no relation whatsoever.
>>
>>34877275
>don't they count as long guns if a stock is attached?
No, the stock can be legally removed and made into a pistol. Lowers are considered AOW.
>>
>>34877275
Gotta be barreled before it becomes a rifle.
>>
>>34880952
Oh good, she's attacking antigun gun companies. Good.
>>
>>34882482
You are retarded
>>
>>34876938
Stag is selling DPMS style stripped for $160.

Complete lowers for $379.
Complete lower with PRS stock for $500ish.
>>
>>34882482
Nah, those two are on my boycott list. They can rot in hell.
>>
>>34882431

So if I attached a barreled upper and then removed it, is it now a rifle? Can I sell this rifle to someone in MA seeing as it's not semi automatic?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.