[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the hell Caleba's? Isn't a HEUG purpose of a holster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_6543.jpg (126KB, 750x1037px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6543.jpg
126KB, 750x1037px
What the hell Caleba's? Isn't a HEUG purpose of a holster to cover the trigger guard? Can /k/ explain this?
>>
It looks like that Taurus Curve abomination that came out a couple years back.
>>
>>34876067
Grab whole holster, shoot gun
>>
File: 1488502748385.png (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1488502748385.png
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>34876067
The job of a holster is to hold your gun. Your job is to not be irresponsible and ND into your leg.
>>
>>34876067
The idea of these is that you carry without one in the chamber and the "holster" is more to break up the outline of the gun in your pocket than act as any sort of safety feature.
>>
>>34876067
shoot through holster, it's just so it doesn't print like a gun
>>
>>34876067
Because fudds
>>
All of these are actually good responses wow thanks guys
>>
How many of you would use something like this, and do you already carry a pocket gun?
>>
it's supposed to look like not-a-gun in your pocket and in hand.
>gimme yo money
>ok here
>blam blam
>>
B T F O
T
F
O

How cna holster ever get back
Never ever computer snide
Legs admiral
Elsa sparkle
Carry it in ur waistbad

LOL 9001 internetz
>>
>>34876284
I worked third shift at a gas station a few years back. I wasn't allowed by the company to carry, but I did anyway of course. I kept a little .380 in my pants pocket where I could get to it quickly and where it wouldn't print too well. I could see using something like the OP pic if I were in that situation again. Otherwise, no, I'd just carry a full-size pistol openly.
>>
>>34876067
>>34876067
If you have ever shot a bodyguard you know that it has an insanely long and heavy trigger pull and is meant to be carried safety off. You'd have to try to ND this thing. Being able to not worry about the pocket holster (which serves the purpose of keeping the gun properly oriented in the pocket and makes it look like a wallet) is a huge plus. But afaik having pic related was considered a destructive device so most likely not understanding the ATFs ruling on similar holsters
>>
>>34876284

I pocket carry somewhat frequently and no I would never use a "holster" this dumb. DeSantis and other companies have plenty of actual good pocket holsters that also break up the outline some.
>>
I wouldn't use it personally, but I think it's designed for back pocket carry to look like a wallet. The pocket itself will act as the trigger guard, especially in something like jeans
>>
File: proof.jpg (141KB, 655x655px) Image search: [Google]
proof.jpg
141KB, 655x655px
>>34876361
>pic related was considered a destructive device
>>
>>34876133
this, albeit stupid
>>
>>34876481
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firearms-guide-identification-firearms-section-9

it's actually an AOW

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49909

>During the 1970’s, ATF determined that various small handguns combined with certain “wallet holsters” fall into the “any other weapon” category and are subject to the provisions of the NFA. These wallet holsters are generally rectangular in shape, are designed to disguise the appearance of the handgun, and are designed to allow the weapon to be fired while it is contained within the wallet. The handgun combined with the wallet holster
constitutes an NFA firearm. page 1

however apparently holsters that expose the slide are not AOWs. OP's pic should be legal.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79PXfkmaYJs
>>
>>34876146
>is more to break up the outline of the gun in your pocket than act as any sort of safety feature

This. Its purpose to mask the shape of a gun.
>>
>>34876626
>however apparently holsters that expose the slide are not AOWs.
That's news to me, and good to know as well.
>>
>>34876109
it looks nothing like a taurus curve.
>>
>During the 1970’s, ATF determined that various small handguns combined with certain “wallet holsters” fall into the “any other weapon” category and are subject to the provisions of the NFA. These wallet holsters are generally rectangular in shape, are designed to disguise the appearance of the handgun, and are designed to allow the weapon to be fired while it is contained within the wallet. The handgun combined with the wallet holster constitutes an NFA firearm.

>A conventional pistol or revolver which is
possessed without the wallet holster would not be an NFA firearm. A wallet holster alone is not
subject to NFA controls and cannot be registered or transferred as a firearm. Firearms contained in conventional holsters, trouser pockets, purses, gun cases, or various other forms of carrying cases have not been determined to fall within the definition of an “any other weapon,” even though it maybe possible to discharge a firearm while it is carried in such a manner.

>In order for an individual to lawfully “make” a
wallet gun, that is to say, acquire both the
handgun and the wallet holster, the person must first submit an Application to Make and Register a Firearm (ATF Form 1), pay a $200.00 making tax and receive approval of the application. The serial number appearing on the handgun shouldbe used to register the firearm. Transfer of a wallet gun requires an approved transfer application and payment of a $5 transfer tax. A transfer will not be approved unless the wallet gun has been registered to the transferor. Mere sale or possession of the wallet holster without the handgun is not a violation of the NFA. However, 18 U.S.C. section 2 provides that a person who aids or abets another person in the commission of an offense is also responsible for the offense. Therefore, sale or distribution of a wallet holster with knowledge that it will be used to make an unregistered NFA firearm may also place the seller or distributor of the holster in violation of the NFA.
>>
>>34876143
>mfw I only mexican carry my firearms
>>
>>34876740
no face because you blew it off when your sig fell through your pantleg. 10/10 sigpost
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.