[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea about guns, but I want to buy an AR-15 and perhaps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (79KB, 800x516px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
79KB, 800x516px
I have no idea about guns, but I want to buy an AR-15 and perhaps a handgun, any advice /k/? Budget is 1200$
>>
You can get a used ar-15 for as little as $400. A decent 9mm handgun can be gotten for around $500.
>>
>>34875035
I have heard that used guns can be traps.
>>
>>34875071
No, it's the owners who are
>>
Basic bitch stripped upper, lower, gas block, gas tube, and lower parts kit because it doesn't matter. Magpul stock and grip of your preference. Decent Barrel, rail, and muzzle device depending on what you role you want the rifle to serve. Nickel boron bcg or better. Ambi charging handle. Upgraded trigger of your choosing. Rest of the money apply to an optic or a better parts for whatever is important to you. alternatively buy used, because it is a buyer's market atm.
>>
>>34875146
Kino is hardly a trap, anon.
>>
>>34875730
I'm not gonna lie, I don't really do 2D traps, so I had no idea
>>
>>34875035
You can get new ar15's for 400 dollars.
>>
Get an AK because fuck ARs. You can get a WASR-10/63 for 500-600 dollars and a good 9mm for 450-500
armslist
>>
>>34875024
does anyone have this pic but with the snake biting a foot

also buy a 1911 or a glock
>>
>>34875071
not unless you're a complete moron. its pretty hard to completely fuck up a gun so bad it doesn't shoot with out making it pretty damn obvious.

most people who get ripped off are the ones who do no research before hand or are just dumb/blind
>>
>>34875024
Look around for deals. I've seen M&P sport 2's going for about $400 shipped, and glock 19/17 for about the same.

>>34875071
They can be, but are much less likely than cars or something. People trade and sell guns all the time to try something else out.

>>34877392
Ak's are certainly something to add to your collection, but it today's market, it's functionally retarded to get
>>
>>34877645
Anons absolutely right lol

Went thru OSUT at Ft. Leonard Wood and those M4s were old as fuck and beat to shit, but still functioned perfectly, besides the occasional jam or double feed.

I'ma be tracking this thread too, I'm looking to buy my own AR-15. Problem is I live in Cali and now that I'm actually serious about buying a weapon I'm realizing why everyone bitches about Cali gun laws.
>>
>>34877694
CA's gun laws (AR specifically) are so fucked. By the time I learn what mommy gov't permits and forbids, it's totally different.
>>
>>34877694
I also live in Cali and decided after the latest round of bullshit laws that i don't give a fuck, both my Ar's are non-compliant. i just shoot inna desert and when the cops come by they just ask if we are being safe then they drive off.
>>
>>34877806
Out in the desert? Where do you live in Cali? I live out in the desert and there's only one part of Cali I know that's really "desert" lol
>>
>>34877810
>what is Death Valley
>where is LA
negro, half of California is a desert. East and south is nothing but rock, sand, and heat.
>>
>>34877806
Also while I would also just keep a non-compliant AR, my main concern was initially purchasing one. I doubt gun shops sell anything non-CA compliant, and while the Army taught me how to disassemble a rifle for basic maintenance I'm not too familiar with assembling all the separate parts into a fully functioning weapon.

Only workaround I can think of is one of my friends is a licensed gun dealer so maybe he could help hook me up with something?
>>
>>34877819
I wouldn't really consider LA desert. East of it yeah. Banning, a bit of Riverside, Coachella Valley, Salton Sea area, Blythe.
>>
File: 1445121621088.jpg (18KB, 320x240px)
1445121621088.jpg
18KB, 320x240px
>>34875024
S&W M&P 15 Sport II -$500
ATI 1911 -$360
then spend the rest on ammo and mags
>>
>>34875071
Traps...on my /k/? Heh I don't think so buddy
>>
>>34877810
I live in the palm springs area

>>34877826
there isnt a lot that makes them compliant, you either have to get rid of the mag-lock or just swap out the grip. or you can just buy a stripped lower and order your LPK and upper online straight to your door
>>
>>34878199
Ayyy I'm right out by you. La Quinta reppin'.

And is it legal to buy the upper and lower kit? Won't run into issues getting it shipped?
>>
>>34878199
I've been out by Berdoo Canyon and Fargo Canyon a few times with my buddy who has a shotgun, those are the only places in the valley I know to shoot out in the desert
>>
>>34877746
Aren't those new laws being contested in court as being outright illegal laws?
>>
You can take a handgun with you, so your training and buying should begin there. If you only care about getting decent at target shooting, get a 10/22.

With a budget like that, don't go for anything used.

Glark is a reliable platform, if you don't figure out for sure that you don't want a striker fired gun just get a glark.
>>
>>34878553
Currently being challenged, yes. NRA themselves filed the suit, so can't say they never did anything for us anymore.
>>
>>34878566
But we CAN still call them out for endorsing the Hughes Amendment.
>>
File: IMG_4070.jpg (94KB, 720x540px)
IMG_4070.jpg
94KB, 720x540px
>>34877650
>In todays market, it's functionally retarded to get.

What exactly do you mean? Like ammo?

t. hasguns who is now thinking of getting a WASR
>>
>>34878562
what the fuck is a glark? you mean this?
>>
>>34877910
Solid choice here, anon. If 1911 isn't your style, look at any good handgun in the $3-5 range. M&Ps, Glocks, Berettas, so on, so forth.
>>
>>34879470
A glark brand glark.
>>
>>34875024
Grabagun has the Ruger 556 for 470+transfer fee bucks. Buy just about any handgun you want for 6-700 bucks.
>>
>>34877694
>Now that I'm actually serious about buying a weapon I'm realizing why everyone bitches about Cali gun laws
Cali threads on /k/ in a fucking nutshell
>>
Dja gitcher glark yet?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.