[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

question: Has anyone else had issues with their BCG not locking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 918131.jpg (41KB, 880x660px) Image search: [Google]
918131.jpg
41KB, 880x660px
question:

Has anyone else had issues with their BCG not locking back on an empty mag with a pistol buffer tube?

I picked up a no name brand from a LGS for stupid cheap and the BCG won't go far enough back to make contact with the bolt catch. I'm running a spikes H3 buffer.

pic not related. but considering getting. that or an SB tac extended pistol buffer tube. I'm already running a KAK brace.
>>
File: 858993.jpg (253KB, 2200x1650px) Image search: [Google]
858993.jpg
253KB, 2200x1650px
>>
>I'm running a spikes H3 buffer

Maybe, I dunno, not run a heavy buffer?
>>
>>34874582
This. Godamn.
>>34874059
You should have built a carbine or rifle retard.
>>
>>34874582
can't. running a standard buffer literally beats the hell out of the gun. besides, the original carbine buffer is the same length as the h3
>>
>>34874663
You have two options: run a lighter buffer or a barrel with a larger gas port.
>>
>>34874059
>BCG won't go far enough back to make contact with the bolt catch
just to be clear, you can pull the CH all the way back and the bcg still doesnt go back far enough past the BHO, correct? if so, this has happened to me. im ny case, the receiver extension just wasnt long enough, more specifically, the tolerances between how far it threaded on my receiver and how deep it was didnt allow my bcg to function correctly.

the kak extended tube is nice with a brace, its much more comfortable to shoot with the extra LOP
>>
>>34874747
Okay. It looks like there was a communications problem on my end.

Let me clarify.

There's not enough travel in the buffer tube itself to allow the BCG to go far enough back to engage the bolt catch.

Whether you're running the gun like normal, or trying to lock the bolt open manually, the BCG will not go back far enough to engage the catch.
>>
>>34874782
That's exactly what I'm thinking, but I wanted to be sure. Someone told me that there was a pistol buffer, but I was pretty sure then, and still am now, that he was talking about buffer weight not physical size.
>>
>>34874873
>pistol buffer
there are, but theyre for pistol calibers like 9mm. not pistol ARs.
another nice thing about the kak extended tube is with a 10.5" barrel, the extended tube makes the OAL of the gun over 26" so you can use a vfg
>>
>>34874827
are you sure you threaded it in the correct amount and not way too much?
>>
>>34875167
Yes. Too far in and the buffer catch sits too low.

>>34875007
Okay, this definitely tells me my buffer tube is too short. With my brace removed, my OAL is around 25in with my 10.5 (minus my brake).
>>
>>34875418
>With my brace removed, my OAL is around 25in with my 10.5
thats normal
you need an 11.5 to hit that magic 26 with a standard milspec carbine tube
>>
pistol length or flatwire buffer spring.
>>
>>34875418
>Okay, this definitely tells me my buffer tube is too short. With my brace removed, my OAL is around 25in with my 10.5 (minus my brake).
no hold on a sec, when i said the thing about 26", i meant WITH this tube. if you have a normal length pistol extension, then it will be shorter.
again, a 10.5" barrel ar pistol with this tube is over 26"
>https://www.kakindustry.com/ar-15-parts/lower-parts/buffer-tubes-and-parts/pistol-buffer-tubes/sig-super-sb15-pistol-buffer-tube
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.