[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm in the market for a .22 pistol and was looking at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Ruger_mkiii_bull.jpg (140KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger_mkiii_bull.jpg
140KB, 1680x1050px
So I'm in the market for a .22 pistol and was looking at getting either a Beretta Neos or Ruger Mk4. Both feel good in my hand. I like the space gun aesthetic of the Neos, but the super quick takedown on the Mk4 is also nice; I've also heard nothing but good things about the Mk4. I can get the Neos new for about 300, but the Rugers start at at least 400. So being the cheap bastard that I am, I started looking for used guns and haven't had much luck. Everyone seems to want MSRP or above even for used guns.

I did find a Mk3 Tactical going for 350 though, and it comes with an RMR-style red dot and a few hundred rounds of ammo. That seems like a great deal, but I've heard nothing but horror storied about taking apart and cleaning Mk3s, and a quick youtube search tells me that it is a hell of a lot more of a hassle compared to the Mk4. I'm also not really interested in the red dot truth be told, I'm getting this as a fundamentals practice gun and plan on just using irons.

tl;dr: Is 350 a good price for a used Ruger Mk3 Tactical with a red dot (which I will probably remove) and a few hundred rounds of ammo or am I better off buying a Neos new for less or spending a little more for a MK4. I have no plans to suppress it.
>>
the neo is just ok, the grip is too small imo and even though you can replace it, they dont sell a larger grip for whatever reason.
as far as 3 vs 4, id rather pay more for the 4
>>
>>34871644
you can also build your own 22/45 if you feel like dropping some cash. might end up better off in the long run with all the custom shit you can do.
>>
If you get anything Ruger, try to do a serial search for something pre-2012. QC went down the shitter about that time, especially on their triggers.

Beretta is solid. The Neos is one of the better .22's you can get, but I just don't like the lines.
>>
>>34871644
Get a Mark IV
>>
>>34871644
I have an mk3 and it is an internal nightmare. I installed a bolt quick release which I highly recommend if you buy one. Just buy and extra parts kit because installing it was a bitch. Other than that its been a great shooter for me.
>>
>>34871983
Mk3 is brain dead easy to disassemble and reassemble
>>
>>34872000
And I made it even easier. Go away summer.
>>
>>34872031
You first poser.
>>
Probably just going to go with the Neos then, I'm trying to spend the least amount of money possible on this. My next question then would be is there any real difference between the 4.5 and 6 inch barrel versions? Theoretically, the 6" should be more accurate, but I'd like for the gun to exacerbate any issues I'm having with flinch or improper grip, so I'm leaning a little more towards the 4.5". Or am I just over thinking things?
>>
Much as I like .22s for range practice, these guns tend to be shot the living daylights out of before they are 'passed on' to a new owner. Have it disassembled so you can inspect its state carefully before you put the money down.
>>
>>34872239
i wouldn't worry about flinching with the neo. or any 22lr gun for that matter
>>
>>34872500
It's more that I HAVE a flinch now that I'm trying to correct. Dryfiring helps a lot, but that's within the quiet confines of my apartment and when i get to the range it sorta comes back with all the noise. That and working on my grip and stance and finding what works best. As it is, I only go to the range once a month and shoot maybe 100-150 rounds of 9mm and that's a bit of a financial drain, so I'm looking for a less expensive option that will let me shoot more often as well.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.