[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've just entered into the world of AR's. I bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 10202-3.jpg (230KB, 1045x662px) Image search: [Google]
10202-3.jpg
230KB, 1045x662px
I've just entered into the world of AR's.

I bought my first one the other day, I own several other guns but not an AR-15.

I went pure poorfag, with a new smith and wesson m&p sport II for $500 USD. Which is a pretty awesome price here.

Whats needs upgrading first on this thing? Not looking to spend more on parts than the rifle cost, but would like a new fore end and maybe stock.

tl;dr newbie with an AR
>>
Add stolen valor BUS.

Rifle is now fine.
>>
>>34863474
1. Upgrade pistol grip (sug. Magpul k2)
2. Replace stock (moe, moe sl, minimalist...)

optional
1. Single point sling adapter + 2 point sling (requires ar wrench to install adapter.)
2. Free float hand guard (sug. 15") (requires ar wrench + roll pin punch + low profile gas block)
3. Grip pod.
>>
File: Indian_army_lady_officer.jpg (461KB, 1245x820px) Image search: [Google]
Indian_army_lady_officer.jpg
461KB, 1245x820px
>>34863617
This may be a turbo unpopular opinion but I'd say OP doesn't need to do the free float handguard.

>>34863474
To put that in perspective. You'd have to take off the A2 frontsight and pin a new low profile gas block. To install a free float handguard you have to take off the delta ring assembly, and put on the barrel nut and FF handguard. You'd also have to reassemble the gas tube unto the Low pro gas block.

None of that is particularly hard to do, however it does take a bit of know how. Rails are for mounting lights, lasers, foregrips and shit. Unless you want to do that, the polymer handguards are perfectly fine.

If you really want rails, you can do drop in rails that require no gunsmithing what so ever (surplus KAC or Mid West Industries). Yes technically the free float ones are more accurate, but having owned both, you won't see that much of a difference unless you want to drive quarter inch groups. For hunting, or punching paper, or shooting a person sized target they all work about the same and it will save you money to spend on sights, optics, or furniture.
>>
>>34863474
Oh yeah, and more than anything buy mags. I've had 2 friends of mine buy AR's and trick them out and realize that
>ohhh no I've only got 2 mags and I just spend 500 bucks on parts

Buy mags and a fuckton of XM193 ammo. Go have fun
>>
>>34863731
Yeah I'd do the drop in rails and maybe a magpul forend, one of the drop in ones.

I want to throw on either a vertical foregrip or bipod too.

But first i think I'll get a decent red dot
>>
I just got same gun, but with Mlok handguard. Prolly the best way to go. No gunsmithing required, just pull down delta ring and replace the handguard. Look on sportsmans guide and you can find combo foregrip and bipod. I'm in same boat as you regarding red dot.
>>
>>34863854
>>
File: PgNgKHO.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
PgNgKHO.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm in a similar boat as you, bought an M&P 15 the other day bc they were on sale and I don't have an AR yet.

Since this pic I've added a magpul CTR carbine stock. Added a sling adapter for single point sling. Next step would be to change the grip like the other guy said. And then change the gas block and handguard.

all-in-all it's a pretty good rifle for the money. I've shot it out to 200 yards so far and it's real accurate. No issues with the function either. Shoots .223 and 5.56 flawlessly.
>>
>>34863474
they are solid gats. if it were me, i would get the full magpul furniture kit including rear MBUS(probably FDE), and one of those Nikon p-223 scopes + mount. all that will run you about $400, and you can do some serious shooting.
>>
How does the M&P compare to other budget ARs?
>>
>>34863969
the M&P IS a budget AR. it's milspec. it's g2g. put over 10,000 accurate rounds through it before you start worrying about barrel erson, gas rings, etc. by that time you will have bought a Noveske!
>>
>>34863996
once the barrel and gas system go just pop in a better upper w/ barrel and you good to go?
>>
>>34863929
what optic?
>>
>>34864164
Holosun HS403C pretty satisfied with it thus far... This one has a solar panel. In hindsight I would just get the battery operated one, the panel is kind of gimmicky imo
>>
>>34863474
get a sling get magazines
dont immediately decide to swap out all the funiture. give a2 shit a chance you might actually like it. go shoot a few hundred rounds stock config.
>>
File: M&P Sport II optics ready.jpg (7KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
M&P Sport II optics ready.jpg
7KB, 400x250px
I want to order one of these ASAP, but I'm agonizing over whether to get it like OP's, or to get it optics ready.

I'm planning to put a red dot on either. But I'd also like BUIS and I'm not sure whether having that fixed front sight in the sight picture is gonna bother me eventually.

Both configurations are about the same price where I'm looking. Am I gonna spend a bunch extra to have a decent pair of flip ups on the optics ready one? Would it be a hassle to remove/replace the fixed sight on the standard one? Can I mount a flip up front sight to the optics ready gas block, or do I need to get a railed forend?

Sorry for the noob questions, I just wanna order while it's on sale.
>>
>>34863474
>Whats needs upgrading first on this thing?
Not really anything. Buy a few mags and ammo, and then a sight if you have funds for it. Otherwise rifle is fine.
>>
Get more mags. Maybe a sling. Otherwise, rifle is fine.
>>
>>34864304
how bad is the solar panel? does seem like a gimmick, but if it works well then I'd consider it
>>
>>34863474
I got one and got new handguards with heat shield and replaced the rear sight. That's all I've done because I prefer how light weight it is.
>>
>>34865065
seems to work well so far, auto-adjusts the brightness of the red dot based on the ambient light levels. And it doesn't need to be in direct sunlight to work.

>>34865081
Yeah I've also heard the standard non-magpul handguards have no heat shield and get hot as fuck
>>
>>34865108
I would avoid the fagpul and get standard handguards with heat shield. That's what fits my hand best.
>>
>>34864654
> Am I gonna spend a bunch extra to have a decent pair of flip ups on the optics ready one?
yes because every set of metalflip up sights worth a damn are150+. mbus dont work since the front sight will melt. all the cheap metal folding sights under 100 or 50 each are aisoft or knockoffs.
>>
How's the vortex strikeforce II for a red dot?

It's reasonably priced and has good reviews
>>
>>34864654
If you get flip up front iron sights, stay the fuck away from NC Star, they suck galactic cock. Speaking from personal experience.
>>
>>34863474

Buy a sling
Buy magazines
Buy ammo

Those are solid poorfag guns that dont need mods, except for maybe a scope if your eyesight is shit like mine.
>>
Wat sling is gud?
>>
>>34869216
under $20: literally any nylon weave

over $20: literally any fucking sling you retard
>>
>>34869245
1 point 2 point 3 point?
>>
>>34869315
Whatever the fuck you're comfortable using
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.