[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello K, I need some advice. I'm currently building another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: spr_s.jpg (101KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
spr_s.jpg
101KB, 1024x768px
Hello K, I need some advice. I'm currently building another AR-15 and looking for the "jack of all trades" for my homestead. I'm trying to debate what I need vs what I want. I want this rifle to deal with most issues you can imagine a house in the country deals with, but I also want it for SHTF. That being said, I have a line of sight between four and five hundred yards. I already have a 16" colt AR-15, and a M1A scout. I'm leaning towards a 18" 1:8 Chrome Lined Criterion barrel with the rifle length gas system. Upper will be going onto a rock river lower with the RRA two stage trigger, paired with the magpul CRT stock. I'm also placing a Vortex 1x8 optic on it. The rifle should be built to last. Any recommendations or suggestions?
>>
Don't get an RRA trigger, they start to sit out after 2-3 thousand rounds. Splurge for an MBT or an SSA. If you're only shooting from 4-500 yards, you don't really need an optic more powerful than a 1-5x. Also, don't quote me, but you may get better accuracy from a nitride/melonite barrel as opposed to a Chrome lined. Look at LaRue Stealth barrels, they're outstanding.
>>
>>34863142
Thanks for the reply. I already own the RRA lower with the trigger but I will look at upgrading in the near future. As for the optic, I do agree that I might only need up to a 5x, but I wanted the little bit extra to help with target identification/spotting. Plus I already own the Vortex 1-8 so it's not anything extra out of the budget.
>>
>>34863203
If you already own a Vortex 1-8, then that should be fine. I would definitely recommend upgrading the trigger though. Contrary to what the trips on /arg/ say, it doesn't really matter what your rifle looks like or how gucci your rail is. Find a setup that works for you. The only parts that you should really splurge on anyway are the barrel, BCG, trigger, and glass.
>>
>>34863243
>splurge on BCG

Lol, there's no reason to do this at all. Your standard mil spec bcg will outlast most any gucci shit Bcg.
>>
>>34863371
I'm not talking about a retarded ultra-light weight enhanced bullshit BCG, I'm talking like a Toolcraft or a BCM. Just not a trash PSA, Anderson or whatever BCG.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.