/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If my 320 drops and kills someone, does that mean my gun literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: SigP320FullSize.jpg (14KB, 300x187px) Image search: [Google]
SigP320FullSize.jpg
14KB, 300x187px
If my 320 drops and kills someone, does that mean my gun literally did kill someone?
>>
No because you are still responsible for it dropping it. Unless an earthquake knocks it off your table. Either way you can still sue Shiggy SIG shitty SIG.

I'm also wondering what current sig owners are thinking of their unsafe p320 right now? Are they justifying it so they don't feel bad or are they actually mad at sig?
>>
>>34862725
I want to put my dick into a glock cos I wanna be girly
>>
>>34862725
I own a 320

I will be sending it to Sig for them to fix but i'm not really mad about it
>>
>>34862686
>Drop my gun
>Spaghettis
>Be mad at manufacturer because I don't know how to handle firearms
>IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO FIRE WHEN DROPPED

Yeah, well, you're not supposed to drop it. There's a design flaw, they offered a solution, stop being a faggot. Ruger also had an issue with the MkIVs, doesn't mean it's a bad brand.

If not having foolproof gun is scandalous to you, then you're a fool.
>>
>>34862725
>their unsafe p320
It's not unsafe, I don't go around throwing it at the ground or banging on it with a hammer??

Just sent my info to them to get the trigger fixed for free, in the meantime I'll carry one of my other guns, idgaf
>>
>>34862686
technically yeah but your gun would have killed someone had you pulled the trigger yourself anyway so im not really getting the point of your question
>>
>thinly veiled "it's a ACCIDENTAL discharge so im not an idiot ok!!" thread

if you own a sig and know it goes off when dropped, you're an idiot for not being more careful with it and it's still a NEGLIGENT discharge and you are still not just responsible, but someone who should be banned from owning guns forever
>>
>>34862686
>go to reholster my p320
>forget I already had one in holster
>hit the holstered one's backplate with the barrel of the other
>BANG shoots my foot
>I drop the one in hand
>BANG the other shoots me in the face
>>
File: 7170770_01_sig_p320_9mm_640.jpg (61KB, 640x736px) Image search: [Google]
7170770_01_sig_p320_9mm_640.jpg
61KB, 640x736px
No it doesn't mean that, just means you're an idiot. That being said, please by my Sig P320, going for cheap.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7170770/muscle-shoals-area-handguns-for-sale-trade--sig-p320-9mm?utm_source=c000031&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p717900
>>
>>34863083
>doesn't mean it's a bad brand
It doesn't mean the brand is bad, it means there's a flaw in that design. The gun isn't drop safe when every one of its competitors is, there's no excuse for that.
>>
I think Sig handled this poorly. I will be sending my 2 p320s in for the upgrade and decide whether to keep or not. They must've known the gun was not drop safe for a while now which is why they had a fix for it so quickly and how it has already been applied to xm17 guns. So the rumors of the p320 failing FBI drop tests must've been true as the original request seemed written for the sig but instead they give the contract to glock.
>>
>>34863242
>there's no excuse for that
If it was half the price of its competitors I would hastily excuse that and buy one immediately.
>>
>>34862725

I literally bought my P320 like a day before this all came to light. Not mad, it's still a good gun at the end of the day, only thing that annoys me is that press statement.

Other than that, shit happens. I own a couple semi-modern Rems, so I already know the struggle.
>>
https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade-program/

Here you go, senpai. get your free M17 upgrade. Better hurry, its been live for half a day now. The waiting list is only going to grow
>>
>>34863216
That's not how inertia works anon
>>
OP here,

The thread was actually a thinly veiled poke at, "Guns don't kill people, people do"
>>
File: 1500481559424.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1500481559424.gif
152KB, 500x516px
>mfw I decided to sell my P320 the week before all this insanity
>mfw seeing the armslist listings jump from 500 to over 1000 the weekend after the Omaha video
Sad to see a gun that I like go through this, but reading over the press release on SIG's website is making me nauseous at how much it deflects responsibility and says the gun is safe in it's current configuration.
Probably won't ever buy from them again just for how slimy SIG's handling of this fiasco feels.
>>
>>34864496
*AHEM*, what you are saying is absolutely wrong. Being able to fire from a drop was a requested add-on from top tier elite soldiers. That is why it is called an upgrade for weaker men to have a "Safer" gun.

*snort*
>>
>>34863110
Ok so you try to justify it
>>
>>34864552
If you're done memeing like a reddit faggot, it DID pass all the established safety standards set in the US, and this gun has been on the civilian market for 3 years now and we are just now finding all of this out.
It's more of a testament to gun owners not being completely negligent with their guns and a statement that the safety standards that are currently in place are not enough for missing such an issue.
That said, the way SIG has handled this is very sketchy, it seems they have done everything in their power to NOT issue a recall even though that would probably be more effective in salvaging their blemished reputation.
>>
>Gun has heavy trigger
>If dropped from over a meter, the inertia and weight of the trigger allows it to travel far enough for a discharge

Where is the issue here? So what? Get the revision that was already on the M17, or stop pretending like this is an enormous design flaw.
From the outside, Glockfags are making this out to be a mechanical design flaw in the firearm.
>>
>>34863216
Kek
I could see some 80's or 90's British comedy doing this as a sketch.
>>
>>34862725

even if an earthquake knocked it off a table who left it on the table, loaded and close enough to the edge to fall off?
>>
>>34864496
How did you want them to handle it?
Glock style where they blame to owner and hot loads?
Taurus style where they just ignore it?
They are providing a fix free of charge (as they should) for the problem. How could they have handled it better?
>>
>>34862686
fuck sig. gotta love that german customer service. always so helpful. (note sarcasm). just recall it you faggots
>>
>>34864829
By not tip toeing around the word "recall"
By not using lawyer speak in every single press release reiterating how these guns are "safe" when a mountain of evidence proves otherwise
>>
>>34864597
I what?
>>
>>34864848
They're not German u spaz, the company is from Exeter
>>
>>34863027
This. It's treated me well for the year I've had it and I'm still hoping for aftermarket slides and grip modules.
Sig's press release regarding the drop safety issues did rustle my jim jams a bit though.
>>
>>34864905
The company itself is German, The Exeter company is an almost completely autonomous company that makes it's own designs but is still under SIG SAUER GmbH.
Think of how Ford Europe is different than Ford US but still under the same corporate branding.
>>
>>34864993
You mean once again Europe gets the cool shit while America gets the cheap garbage
>>
>>34864993
If you consider the P220 and P226 to be cool shit and the P320 and MCX (lol) to be cheap garbage than yeah.
>>
>>34864993
It IS completely autonomous.
SIG-Sauer is not SIG, while it used to be under the same GmbH, it is no longer.
SIG was bought by a Swiss company and now operates under Swiss Arms, which I'm sure you know.
While the two companies used to be under the same name and orchestration, SIG US became SIG-Sauer, and unlike Ford US and Ford Europe, are not owned by the same conglomerate.
>>
>>34865050
The MCX is dank, and Swiss Arms no longer makes the P226, as SIG-Sauer does now.
>>
>>34862725
Slightly annoyed that my first gun, that I simply bought because a p2022 wasn't available at the time, basically has become a glocknade tier meme now. Never cared about the whole military contract thing. I think it's funny how sig is going into damage control mode; "voluntary upgrade". Oh well I picked the gun because I liked how it looked, felt, and shot. It hasn't blown up my hand and I haven't used it as a throwing star so I'm just gonna get that repair and shit will be fine.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.