[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What practical purpose does an AR (or similar) fun have? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

What practical purpose does an AR (or similar) fun have? I've wanted to buy one for a while but just can't see a legit real world use for it. Handguns absolutely (you can carry them, protection, etc), shotguns yep (home defense), etc.

Help me out. Any reason for someone who doesn't hunt? I'm afraid I would likely just take it to the range a few times then throw it in a safe.
>>
>>34858430
calling a gun a fun is what faggots do
>>
>>34858430

It's breddy good for home defense being ass a lot of ammo loses velocity and tumbles like hell when hitting walls and shit but can also destroy a nigs life. You can have as short of a barrel you want on it aswell with just a brace so legally it's a pistol. you can have an insanely accurate range toy, a pretty fun rifle that is loud as fuck and blinds you with the right brake, throw that brake on a 'pistol' AR and it's like a fucking NPAP. They don't have any weird quirks about them unless you give them weird quirks also they're uber cheap
>>
Defense of one's Nation
>>
>>34858430
Shooting people.
>>
>>34858430
Killing communists.

/thread
>>
They are good at killing people. You 99.9% won't ever need it for that reason but on the off chance you do it is nice to have around.
Fits into your home defense use better than a shotgun if you have tried both side by side.
>>
2gun
Also WAY the fuck better than a shotgun for home defense. I consider shotguns to be outright stupid for the task given the nature of their ammunition. It acts like a fucking wrecking ball and the potential for collateral damage and unintended loss of life is unacceptable in the face of modern OTM/OHP 5.56 ammo that fragments completely in as few as two sheets of drywall, also known as the average interior wall, while still killing a motherfucker dead when he gets hit with it.
>>
>>34858430
It's just an expensive hobby, basically. Like you said, shotgun and pistol are better for your stated needs. In a tactical situation the AR is better, but you probably won't be in a tactical situation.
>>
>>34858785
You're retarded for not reading the comments above that explain why ARs are superior to both shotguns and handguns.

There's a reason FBI/LEO in general use ARs now for working in buildings after all.

That, and if you want to hunt, it will kill most anything deer sized and bellow with a single heart shot from a decent soft point.
>>
Go back to everytown faggot
>>
>>34858590

A good high capacity pistol would be better than both though in all honesty. In a home intrusion situation, you're likely gonna be in super close range (maybe even right next to the perp).

A handgun you can stash anywhere & quickly fire it right on somebody. An AR not so much.
>>
>>34858842
Even the best expanding 9mm takes at least four layers of drywall to stop, and going with a handgun significantly increases the danger of missing your target in a frantic, disorderly situation as those that require you to shoot somebody often are. Just tuck the AR in the corner or your closet, under the bed works too. There are tiny safes you can get for one rifle, including quick access biometric locks if you trust such things to work 100% of the time.
>>
>>34858862
>Even the best expanding 9mm takes at least four layers of drywall to stop

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
>>
>>34858842
And the AR will still do the job better with a superior wounding mechanism.

>But all you need is a handgun!

And Op is asking for good reasons for an AR, not what the minimum he needs is.

Also, if you're a faggot who can't keep a rifle in the bedroom, come back when you're over 18.
>>
>>34858430
Lol, you can use ARs for home defense. It also does everything you could ever need from a gun except concealed carry.
>>
>>34858867
It doesn't fragment like the good 5.56 shit, and there's more of it to stop. The reason the good OTM/OHP ammo can be safe in as little as two sheets is because it just about grenades, and after the second layer they've still got some speed behind them but they're tiny and just slow enough to hurt rather than penetrate your kid and dent your TV rather than destroy it.
>>
better to be prepared than not be.
if you don't see a reason for having one, then that's on you, it's your life.
>>
handguns are only viable for when you're out and you conceal carry.

everything else is rifle work.
>>
>>34858430
>What practical purpose does an AR

The same practical purpose a red Corvette serves- it's fun to take out and play with. If you want one, get one. If you're so painfully self conscious that you need validation from a Mesopotamian yogurt culturing forum, maybe you should take up a different hobby.
>>
>>34858877
It's fine, little Jimmy won't see it and start fucking around with it. He even learned how to load a magazine from him vidya games!
>>
>>34858921
>>34858950

Can any of you actually point to an instance of home intrusion where a handgun just wasn't enough to stop what was happening? You guys are acting like every robbery is a pack of well armed niggers 20 strong.
>>
>>34858430
Dude, most guns serve no practical purpose outside of their niche (hunting, combat, long range shooting, etc.). A gun will never be as generally useful as a shovel, tractor, vacuum, microwave, or whatever. They just aren't everyday use tools, and if you're basing your personal metric of gun ownership on general practicality, you'll always come up short. My point here is if you want an AR-15, a Hi-Point, a vepr or whatever else tickles your fancy, just buy it, and stop trying to justify it as anything other than a luxury: something that you wanted just because you wanted it.
>>
>>34858430

so you can shout one thing to the heavens while you hold it.

SHALL
>>
>>34858430
you don't own a safe......
>>
>>34858430
If you aren't going to take it to the range then nothing.
The same can be said of anything.
>>
File: blogger-image-132739085.jpg (68KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
blogger-image-132739085.jpg
68KB, 480x480px
>>34858430

Carry it your trunk so you can grab it in case a nigga get silly
>>
>>34858430
do you have any pictures of her wearing more revealing clothing
>>
>>34859308

It isn't if a handgun works, it's about using the best tool for the job. Rifles are easier to aim under stress and centerfire rifles have a much higher lethality than handguns. If I've decided that my life is in enough danger that lethal force is warranted, I want the tool that will put them down the fastest and has the highest percent chance that they won't get back up. That, friendo, is a long gun (rifle or shotgun).
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.