[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will a mini-14 be enough to protect me in the coming civil war?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_8619.jpg (93KB, 1200x414px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8619.jpg
93KB, 1200x414px
Will a mini-14 be enough to protect me in the coming civil war? I can't buy AR's in this liberal state
>>
Yes. Its 5.56 and takes detachable magazines.
>>
Yup. Just get a 580 series and the highest capacity magazines you can. Don't let AR spergs talk you out of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 660x495px
>>34855840
Where can I buy something like this? WV?
>>
>>34855840
>Will a [5.56 semi auto with 30 round magazines] be enough to protect me?
>I can't have a [5.56 semiauto with 30 round magazines] in my cuck state
Gee, I dunno.
>>
>>34857779
true, he will probably need to spray paint the stock black
>>
Is there a better option to easily mount optics and shit?
>>
>>34857891
The new mini 14 comes with a rail for mounting optics.
>>
It'll be fine, but honestly try to move up a caliber to like 7.62 or .30-06. If you're stuck with a castrated semi, make it worth it.
>>
>>34855840
You'll be fine. I don't think we're as close to that as the media seems to think, but if shots are ever fired it won't be like Fallujah. I think most people would only have to shoot one or two aggressors before things fizzled out. The angry left just doesn't have the stomach for defeat.
>>
>>34855840

If there were ever a war, your training would be far more important than your weapon.

I'm going to assume you are training yourself.

You're fucked.
>>
>will this jam factory protect me?
I dunno, how fast can you clear malfunctions
>>
>>34856174
Land like that? WV and Southern PA both look like that in summertime. Lots of states do probably.
>>
>>34858771
Ehh. I'd say a 1911 novice with a 1911 > a 1911 master with no guns
>>
>>34857779
>>34855845
>>34855933
Dont listen to these anon, life or death depends entirely on what exact brand and model your gun is and nothing else
>>
>>34858799
I thought that was the m14 and not the mini.
>>
>>34857891
they come with rings
if you need another size, you can buy pic rails that attach to the existing mounting mounts
the other option is getting an Ultimak forward rail
>>
>>34858799
>jam factory
yeah, if you literally pack it with mud like a Youtube "reviewer" retard
>>
>>34855840
Well, no. The best thing to protect you in the incoming civil war is ticket out of your country and a small cheap house in a random peaceful country like idk Iceland or New Zealand.
Experience of Syrian civil war tells that even your own tank won't protect you from being ass-raped by random loyalist or rebel armed ass-rapists.
>>
>>34855840
Any gun is enough
>>
>>34855840
min-14's are garbage.
>>
It's a fine gun out to 200 yards you would never need to shoot and further then that in a wooded area of the north east.
>>
>>34859201
Legally speaking, if you're shooting looters at 200 yards you will never be able to prove it was self defense in a court of law. Realistically speaking, if you're popping looters at 200 yards they'll probably never find you anyway.
>>
>>34859076
Dying fighting is better than fleeing like a cuck.

>>34859247
Realistically speaking, if you start shooting at 200 yards there is no rule of law anymore.
>>
>>34855840
>Will a mini-14 be enough to protect me
>in the coming civil war?
Sure, because it'll never happen
>>
>>34855840
.22 LR is a pretty good round if you want to be sneaki breeki and shit
>>
>>34859247
Kinda always wondered why no one has set up in a window 300-500 meters from these riots and popped a shot or two.
>>
>>34859256
>there is no rule of law anymore
Never assume whatever happening happens will be everywhere. It may take weeks, a civil war could even take years, but eventually somebody somewhere is going to come looking for the people you shot.
>>
>>34859282
Me too, especially considering how bloodthirsty I've heard all gun owners are
>>
>>34859291
Good luck getting this through to /k/. I've tried and tried.
>>
>>34859291
Of all the bitchass arguments you could have made, you chose this one.
Riddle me this, when you say "somebody come looking", are you implying some authority or relatives to the corpse?

Relatives will be shot dead just the same. The authority is me.

I'm not sure you fully understand the concept of shit hitting the fan, especially not in our modern societies. When it happens, we're not coming back from it. We won't revert back to friendly multicultural megacities.
>>
>>34859318
Friendly being a relative term here.
>>
>>34859318
I'm talking about the rule of law returning after the conflict ends. There are only two outcomes after a war, peace or extinction. The STALKER fantasy you're describing wouldn't last forever. The US might turn into a third-world shithole for years or even decades, but if there are people left they will rebuild. It's human nature.
>>
>>34859318
As someone who's actually studies events where SHTF... they're all, at least within the United States, isolated to a given location/population and temporary.

You've got to get this end of the world/collapse of civilization fantasy out of your head. The type of events you should be prepping for are extreme weather/temperatures, tropical storms, long term power outages, floods, CBRN/spills, and other events of that nature.

Honestly, you're going off the deep end with your argument and you're trying to drag us there with you just so you can prove some far out hypothetical point that really doesn't matter.
>>
>>34859318
Hyper-Individualist fantasies like yours are utterly retarded.

Sorry bud, *you* might not be returning to civilization, but that doesn't mean the rest of us who enjoy running water will stay out innawoods LARPing Wolverines with you.

Order is what humans tend towards, and eventually it will return. You will have to make the choice of returning to reasonable human society or staying on the run. You are not "the authority". You never have been. You never will be.
>>
>>34859256
>Dying fighting is better than fleeing like a cuck.
Tell that to the dead.

Don't matter how noble the death is, you're still dead.
>>
File: TarpMan1.jpg (86KB, 560x334px) Image search: [Google]
TarpMan1.jpg
86KB, 560x334px
>>34855840
There's not going to be a civil war m8, never will be and even if it did happen it'd probably only last until everyones cell batteries ran out and they got bored and went home.
>>
>>34859318

Since I have built friendships instead of pretending I'm mountain man jones, rambo of the rockies, I'll have 30 guys guarding my back. A loner like you would die easily if he tried anything. Friends and allies outpace muh survivalist fantasies any day of the week. Be less repulsive and gather relationships.

You have zero authority, sugar tits.
>>
>>34859380
No one's talking about rebuilding, the point was about retribution for the 200 yards kills. Nobody's gonna care, seeing how millions and millions of people will die in just a few weeks after SHTF.

>>34859389
What kind of SHTF are you even assuming I'm talking about? Nobody with a brain thinks there's gonna be a civil war.
The Western world will collapse though. And we will go back to the Stone Age and live our lives like tribes again.
>>
>>34860760
>The Western world will collapse though. And we will go back to the Stone Age and live our lives like tribes again.
Probably not within any of our lifetimes
>>
>>34855840
Yes, it's a semi-auto rifle that shoots 5.56 and uses detachable box magazines holding 5,10,20 or 30 shots. Sometimes 40 or even 100.

Stick to Tapco gen 2 30s or metal 20 round mags for best results. If you cannot buy them in your state, you can quietly buy some in a normal state and perhaps bring them back disassembled.

Rifle-wise spend the extra dollar on the 2nd gen models. Identified by thicker barrels and a serial number prefix starting in 580 on up. They are more resistant to heat stringing, IE losing accuracy as the barrel warms up from rapid fire. Mind you they still do this, but the shift is much slower and smaller.
I also recommend replacing the rear sight assembly with a tech-sights unit or similar. It's a $75 investment but the rear sights on the 580 series don't hold zero well and are generally useless unless replaced. The front sight is fine.
>>34857891
580 series all have scope mounts integral to the top of the receiver. Spent shells are ejected sideways so mounting a scope using the (usually provided) Ruger-pattern scope rings doesn't interfere with the rifle's operation.

If the Ruger rings are insufficient, Leupold makes rungs for the same pattern.

Scope-wise a small, lightweight 4x will probably give the best overall results. Or perhaps a variable 1-4X.

It's also possible to mount a picatinny rail on the provided scope mounts and use that, but most AR optics mounted this way will leave you with an uncomfortable cheek hold unless you put a cheek riser on the stock.
>>34858894
I don't recommend Ultimaks since they require you to remove the top of your gas block. They also obstruct the venting that the normal upper handguard does, which makes them get insanely hot. It also contributes to the rifle overheating in general. Had one, didn't like it.
>>
>>34858901
>>34858881
Both the Mini-14 and M14 share the same problem in that the action is open. This is an exaggerated problem. I've carried mine in the woods, mud, snow, desert without problems because I didn't go shoving it directly into dirt like a retard.
>>34859076
+1 on this. The best war is the one you stay the fuck out of. At least from the perspective of survival.
>>34859256
If your objective is survival, do whatever maximizes your odds of survival. 9 times out of 10 that means leaving the active conflict zone or at least avoiding fighting as much as possible.
If your objective is to fight for whatever reason, understand that the more you fight the more you roll the dice and no matter how well the odds are stacked in your favor your number will eventually come up.
No matter how good or well equipped you think you are, you will eventually run into someone who is better or luckier and you will have a bad day. A bad day now in ROL means a small car accident and haggling with insurance, a bad day in WROL means dying of a sucking chest wound.
>>34859291
This too. Look at the Blakan breakup. Lots of revenge killings followed after some semblance of order was restored.
>>34859318
You are delusional and you are going to run around shooting random people during the next natural disaster, causing way more trouble than necessary. Please wise up a bit or shoot yourself before you blow away some random county lineman attempting to restore electricity.
>>
>>34855840
>I can't buy AR's in this liberal state
You can't buy AR's what in that liberal state?
>>
>>34860422
There is already a civil war going on. Just because it hasn't come to firefights in the streets doesn't mean there isn't one. The US is currently in a very low intensity civil war, with spikes of aggression in the for of these protests and terror attacks. The American Civil war wasn't a civil war at all. It was a war between two established nations and their standing armies. Syria is an example of a high intensity civil war, of which the US is in the very early stages of. Just because both sides still have to much to lose to escalate things further, doesn't mean the underground isn't active, which it currently is.
>>
>>34855840

Yeah it'll kill shit dead as dead as an AR

But
>proprietary mags
>doesn't have the enormous after market
>no rails
>>
>>34861883
>>proprietary mags
fair, but the mags that are available are really good and comparable in cost to AK-74 mags
>doesn't have the enormous after market
but it does have enough to mount whatever optic you choose
>no rails
you can get stock kits with rails if you really want it
>>
>>34859076
>Just shit up another country with deeply rooted cultural issues from your own country that have gotten so out of hand people are now murdering each other because of it
How about you fuck off?
>>
>>34861973
>what is grammar
>>
>>34858717

Can we shoot more than just a few?
>>
>>34859076
Don't come to New Zealand. We dont want you cunts here.
>>
>>34860929

>ROL
>WROL
>Rants on and on.
Get out of here Nutnfancy.
>>
>>34855840
>Civil War
>Obeying state laws

I mean...you could always get a compliant rifle and reconfigure it after It Happens, I don't think they state bans AR-15's in their entirety.
>>
>>34862075
The ones they offer us look real gay in the mean time though.
>>
>>34859105
ever heard of the fbi Miami shootout?
>>
>>34861883
Mini 14Tactical takes all the tacticool accessories.
>>
Why arent the Chicago and LA raids more hypothetical situations, they are about as close to shtf as your going to get.

Speaking about raids could someone actually get away with murder during those riots? A few pop shots here and there are extremely unlikely to get noticed.
>>
File: 8.jpg (46KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
8.jpg
46KB, 720x480px
>>34855840
Mini-14s were good enough for the A-Team, they are good enough for me
>>
File: Mini-14 Ranch Carbine.jpg (40KB, 900x500px) Image search: [Google]
Mini-14 Ranch Carbine.jpg
40KB, 900x500px
>>34855840
Yes, it's a rifle that does what a rifle needs to do.

I don't think we're close to a civil war yet, but it's always good to have a gun.

>>34855845
And this.

>>34857779
Hmm, if he's restricted by capacity, I guess he can take two 10rd magazines and attach the bottoms together, you still only have 10rd capacity but there's a fast reload of another 10rds and it's easier to grasp and handle the larger object.

>>34858346
Being able to carry more ammo, even if smaller individual units, is actually a considerable advantage.
>>
>>34860929
>armchair commando
>>>/arg/
>>
File: mini14.png (852KB, 1024x533px) Image search: [Google]
mini14.png
852KB, 1024x533px
>>34859201
It's not the fucking 1980's anymore, an out of the box Mini-14 can easily shoot 3 MOA with average ammo

>>34859318
The US would sooner fraction into friendly and/or balkanized states than for it to become a Fallout 3 style of retard wasteland.

The free market will do it's thing and it won't be that slow considering all the infrastructure for doing things isn't going to just disappear into thin air, nor will any of this happen in an instant.
>>
>>34860480
>Since I have built friendships instead of pretending I'm mountain man jones, rambo of the rockies, I'll have 30 guys guarding my back
A community that holds together but also sustains itself can do pretty well in SHTF..
>>
>>34860760
>The Western world will collapse though. And we will go back to the Stone Age and live our lives like tribes again.

This wouldn't even happen as the result of all out nuclear war.
>>
>>34855840
Yes, it will be plenty. It's not about what you have, it's how well you can use it (As long as it's not a fucking musket of course).
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.