[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Police trade in >Costs as much as a new gun Are retailers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: F1SWMP9.jpg (133KB, 800x520px) Image search: [Google]
F1SWMP9.jpg
133KB, 800x520px
>Police trade in
>Costs as much as a new gun

Are retailers going to start pricing their trade ins to match the price of new firearms?

Or do people buy these for "muh police gun"?
>>
>>34851183

Could they be including the value of night sights? most leo trade ins have them
>>
>>34851241
Even with ns they usually run much lower than nib guns
>>
>>34851183
They probably bought them for more than they're worth right now since the new ones are so cheap, and they won't sell them for a loss.

I picked up a surplus M&P from buds a year ago when they were a lot cheaper than new ones, if I were in that market right now I'd just go with the new one. I highly doubt anyone is buying them because they were police guns, they're not even marked as such.
>>
once ars are 200 dollars will police trade ins be marked up like some kind of milsurp?
>>
>>34851276

i could see paying a little more then a similar used gun if the rollmark was from something cool like ICE or something
>>
if they could provide info that said gun had a nigger count on it, i'd pay a premium.
>>
>>34851324
I think they should auction guns after they shoot someone like the zimmer did.
>>
>>34851345

a place like detroit it's a pretty fair chance
>>
>>34851271
You'll save $20 to get dim/dead night sights, no warranty, and one mag.
>>
>>34851345
>inscribed on the slide is the full name of each dindu this weapon has shot
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-08-13-12-17-06.png (154KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-08-13-12-17-06.png
154KB, 540x960px
>>
>>34851515

that site just sucks, this glock 17 gen 4 is a hundred bucks less

https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock-gen4-night-sights-very-good-condition-p-40295.html
>>
>>34851528
I think they've had a hard time since they primarily sold surplus.
>>
>>34851183
a lot of gun owners are cheap bastards. if they can save $60, theyll do it.
>>
>>34851367
It takes a lot of time for ns to die, I have a set of trijicon hds marked 12 that keep going strong
>>
New gun with a rebate you have to wait for maybe
>>
>>34851666
My USP has 17 year old night sights that still work.
>>
>>34851643
this is so very true.
times ten even.
>>
File: 1502598318719.gif (1MB, 400x223px) Image search: [Google]
1502598318719.gif
1MB, 400x223px
>>34851183
>FFL LIC REQUIRED.
Does this mean only people with ffl can purchase this; or does it mean a private citizen can purchase this but it must be shipped to a ffl dealer to complete the process?
>>
>>34851643
>saving $60 makes me a cheap bastard
if i had your money, i could burn mine.
>>
>>34853152
it means you have to send it to your FFL of choice for proper transfer
>>
>>34853152
it means you need to pick it up at your local FFL. otherwise it would say C&R eligible in which case if you have a C&R permit they could ship to you.
>>
>>34851666
its 5-7 for them to be noticibly darker compared to when they started. around 10 years is pretty much useless unless pitch black.
>>
>>34851367
If you do research first you can make it work.
Got a g27 so infrequently fired it had the factory Glockā„¢ brand Glock lube/grease whatever the fuck it is and night sights for under $400 after shipping and transfer. Did some research on that particular department on cop forums before buying and the sights were less than 2 years old.
Was a reasonable deal if you ignore the
>glock
>40 shit and worthless
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.