[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/. /x/traterrestrial who's never owned a gun here.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: 220px-GP_K100_target.jpg (6KB, 220x165px) Image search: [Google]
220px-GP_K100_target.jpg
6KB, 220x165px
Hey /k/. /x/traterrestrial who's never owned a gun here. Punkass dude next door has been stealing my bikes and beating his girlfriend. Got into a fight with the dude, came off pretty even but my apartment's really fucking easy to break into if he decides to come over, he threatened to come back while I was sleeping. Cops aren't doing dick about shit.

I'm buying a gun when the shops open up. I live in Colorado and I don't need a permit. What should I buy for self defense?
>>
>>34848551
Glock brand glocknade in 9mm is what I carry but I keep an xdm full size in my night stand. Go to a range and rent a few if possible before buying so you know what you're getting into.
>>
>>34848551
Do you think you might actually come to enjoy shooting as a hobby, or do you just want something to keep in your nightstand and forget about until a rainy day?

If you don't really care about guns and just want something simple but effective, get a full sized revolver like a GP100. Revolvers are stupidly simple to use, very reliable, require less preventative maintenance, and have less of a chance to malfunction. It doesn't care if you limpwrist, it doesn't care if you teacup, you don't have to worry about buying magazines or what brand of magazines to buy. .38 Special in a full sized revolver has very light recoil for practicing, and acceptable ballistics for defense if you feel inclined to use it. Or you can just use .38 to practice and keep it loaded with .357 to spatter someones brains across the room. Of course, the downsides are limited capacity and less aftermarket customization, but if you don't really care about guns than you wouldn't be customizing your gun or practicing tacticool drills against 16 opponents anyway.

If you see yourself actually getting into guns, you might want to consider getting a full sized semi-auto like a Beretta, Glock, CZ, or M&P. You get a lot more capacity and aftermarket support from semi-autos, but at the price of increased complexity. You'll have to worry about limpwristing, SA/DA, safeties, one in the chamber, how to clear malfunctions, buying decent magazines, properly oiling it, etc. You can get a lot more "milage" out of most semi-autos than you can with revolvers, IF you are ready and willing to invest the time to train with them.

I'd say avoid compacts and subcompacts. If your goal is home defense, there is no point in limiting your capacity and worsening your ergonomics by getting a small handgun. Personally, I still think the shotgun is the king of home defense, but that's just my opinion.
>>
File: strictly for home defense.jpg (64KB, 1024x475px) Image search: [Google]
strictly for home defense.jpg
64KB, 1024x475px
>>34848551
gonna kinda tag on with this anon >>34848647
if you dont give a fuck about guns get a hi point or some el cheapo saturday night special
>>
>>34848551
You can buy a .357 revolver today, load it, never touch it for 50 years, then still pull it out of your nightstand and blow a buddhist away with the same 50 year old ammo.

You can buy a hi-point for $200 new with a laser preinstalled.
>>
>>34848551
Ar-15, S&W m&p shield for on person carry (I don't have hips so double stacked pistols stick out on me), 12 gauge shotgun if you like Joe "blast in the air like you just don't care" Biden.
>>
In the way of a shotgun,let's not forget the Maverick 88 12 guage. It loads 2 3/4" and 3" shells. It does what it needs to do and will fill the budget conscience HD/Security role. Not an all out,go to war firearm,but in an apartment it will do what is needed,if needed. Honestly,let's hope not.The only thing to worry about is overpenetration.
You can also invest in less then lethal type rounds.Bean bag,rubber balls,and others types,just google away.They are nice for escalation of force,load a less then first round or 2 and buckshot or slugs from there out. Might help in court at a later time if things get to that level.
>>
>>34850124
>You can also invest in less then lethal type rounds.Bean bag,rubber balls,and others types,just google away.They are nice for escalation of force,load a less then first round or 2 and buckshot or slugs from there out. Might help in court at a later time if things get to that level.
>Wanting someone to live so they can testify and/or sue you
>>
Anything honestly. Just make sure the fucker breaks into your house to ventilate him. Don't get ballsy and brandish it or go on the offense.
>>
File: 1473571180252.png (287KB, 640x548px) Image search: [Google]
1473571180252.png
287KB, 640x548px
What is the /x/ gun? You guys are recommending the wrong shit.
What gun does an /x/ poster need?
>>
>>34850193
G11, only /x/ could figure out the kraut space magic behind it.
>>
get an alien gear holster
>>
>>34848551
are you 21 yet? if not, you can only buy a long gun, so these suggestions for handguns are not helpful.
>>
>>34850193
>>
>faggot OP makes a thread, abandons it immediately
kys cunt
>>
>>34848551
Buy what you can afford in 9mm if a pistol or get a mossber 500 or remington 870 shotgun
>>
>>34850124
Civilians should never use a less lethal loading.

If you have a gun involved, you better be ready to kill, and the situation better call for it.
>>
>>34848551
don't buy a gun from some store, you are better off buying online. i would get a cheap and easy gun like a used glock or new hi point. you will probably never have to use it. and i am assuming since you live in cuckarado just pointing it will get your message across.
>https://www.preppergunshop.com/hi-point-handgun-9mm-luger-3-5-8-round-compact
$110 bucks is amazing. do it.
>>
>>34852952
says it's not CO "legal" whatever. get this one
>http://www.southernohiogun.com/hi-point-9mm-polymer-8-shot.html
>>
>>34850124
THERE ARE NO LESS THAN LETHAL ROUNDS INT HE EYES OF A COURT OF LAW. UNDERSTAND THIS OR YOU WILL GO TO JAIL FOR ATTEMPTED MURDER BECAUSE YOU SHOT A MAN WHEN LETHAL FORCE WASN'T REQUIRED
>>
>>34852952
>>34852992
Did you even read the OP? Obviously he wants a gun ASAP, not to go browse around for whatever will serve him best in the future
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.