[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The internet is giving me some very conflicting information on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

The internet is giving me some very conflicting information on whether or not automatics are legal in Maine.

So uh.

Can I own an automatic in Maine?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Not without a shit ton of money and paperwork.
>>
>>34840735
>Not without a shit ton of money and paperwork.
Oh so it's a "if your lawyer can make them think it's legal if you ever go to court" kind of deal?
>>
>>34840726
both automatic and manual transmissions are legal to drive in maine
the pedal on the left is not a foot rest. dont ride the clutch or you'll wear out the throwout bearing prematurely.
>>
>>34840749
:^)
>>
>>34840749
You're a silly shit. You made me laugh, you asshole.
>>
>>34840726

call & ask a gun store
>>
>>34840726
Machine guns have to be registered, and they closed the registry in 86.

So machine guns have limited supply and increasing demand, which means that shitty submachine guns that should be worth $400 or less are actually worth several thousand dollars. A FA AR-15 or M16 shouldn't cost any more than a regular AR-15, but the floor on that market is like $15,000.

So step one is finding a machine gun you want and can afford. Once you've done that, then you find a dealer who can transfer it to you, and you buy the machine gun and get it sent to the dealer. The dealer will have to do paperwork to transfer it into his inventory, and submit it to the government, and that'll take a couple weeks to go through. Then you can fill out and submit your paperwork to apply for a tax stamp that entitles you to own that specific machine gun, which costs $200 and takes between 4 months and 13 months to be processed by the government, and requires a passport photo and a fingerprint card.

So it's expensive and a hassle.
>>
>>34840726
they are slightly more legal in maine than the rest of the country
>Maine enacted a law in 2015 that will restrict local or state law enforcement’s authority to deny the transfer and registration of a machine gun if an applicant meets minimal criteria
>>
>>34840749
I like this. I really like this.
>>
>>34840726
Yes as of October last year automatic knives (switchblades) are legal in Maine. Butterfly knives have also been made legal. Happy sticking !
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Pic related
>>
>>34840726
You can't hunt with one but if you meet federal requirements, you're fine.
>>
>>34840726
They're legal, just gotta get the 200 dollar tax stamp, wait for x amount of months for the paperwork to clear (assuming they don't deny it) and then pay the 10k+ price of the actual weapon.

As far as gun laws go, Maine is really really good. Constitutional carry, all NFA items are allowed, no mag caps or feature bans, no waiting periods, etc etc
>>
Do you mean semi-automatic or automatic?
>>
>>34842938
Seems as good a place as any to ask. I've been living in NY my whole life and I want out. Looking for a State that's got constitutional carry, stand your ground/castle, and non shit regulations on firearms (id like no mag restrictions etc.). Ideally it'd be nice if it didn't have a lot of poisonous wildlife either. Been looking at land in west virginia. Is there a better State - is Maine better?
>>
>>34841078
>between 4 months
Not anymore dude, I'm sitting at 11 months and waiting for an SBR
>>
>>34843007
Maine is really great, but like anything else there are several ceveats:

If you hate shoveling snow, don't live in Maine. It's cold 8 months out of the year and it's snowy about 6 months out of the year, sometimes more.

Portland is an overpriced hipster hive and shows no sign of slowing down in it's retardation- but it has some really great restaurants and bars.

Land isn't cheap unless you go north, and there's fucking nothing up north. You're pretty much in the middle of nowhere once you get past Bangor.

If none of that concerns you, then awesome. Maine is the state for you- come shoot all the guns and smoke all the recreational weed you want.
>>
>>34843032
You forgot the big one

>no jobs

Or has that changed at some point.
>>
>>34843032
>>34843007
another thing- never underestimate how dangerous moose can be. This sounds like a joke but those gigantic niggers will fuck your world up.
>>
>>34843007
We have castle doctrine, but no stand your ground. Also no poisonous wildlife to worry about, really.
Aside from that, we regularly get Fs from gun grabber websites, so we're doing pretty great.
>>
>>34843043
RIGHT- I forget about that because I'm a lineman and can work anywhere fairly easily.

Unless you're an engineer or a journeyman, high paying jobs are hard to find. VERY hard. The population has stagnated recently and massholes living in portland while working in boston have jacked up the cost of living in the southern part of the state.
>>
>>34843043
>>34843048
Oh yeah, those two.
>tfw living in Aroostook county
>>
>>34843043
Plenty of jobs but they won't hire anyone without a bachelors degree and 10yrs of experience.
>>
>>34843032
>>34843050
Figured no poisonous - cold fucks em up quick. I'll definitely be looking into Maine some more. Dont much mind the cold or commuting. thanks.
>>
>>34843063
I miss living in the county. Saw a moose every single time I drove to caribou to see a movie. Bastards almost killed me many times.

Also, calling it "aroostook",

Where the fuck are you from buddy? Because it's probably not there. Lol
>>
>>34844291
Lived here a majority of my life but not all, yeah.
Currently in Houlton, before that Madawaska for about a year and a half, before *that* it was Eagle Lake for about eight years, Fort Kent for a year or so before that, then Eagle Lake for the first time for like another year?
Before Maine I was born in Virginia and lived in Missouri and Illinois all four skit equal amounts of time of a lil over two years.
Why the fuck wouldn't I be specific when most other people living in Maine don't think there's running water this far north?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.