[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't medieval people under the mercy of arrow volleys

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: antiarrow.webm (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
antiarrow.webm
3MB, 640x266px
Why didn't medieval people under the mercy of arrow volleys invent something like this?
>>
>>34840623
Because that is unfeasibly complex.
>>
Why the fuck do you feel the need to make this shit thread again? All of the practical answers you received last time weren't enough?
>>
>>34840623
There's no way they could time it that perfectly in the real world.
>>
>>34840638
>arrowhead and feathers arranged in a spiral to make it spin
>fastened rope could be used as the spinning whip
>>
>>34840663
Just making the arrowhead and fletches spiral shaped isn't going to carry the inertia of even a small rope, much less make it spin fast enough to effectively bring down that many arrows
>>
>>34840623
what video game is this?
>>
>>34840623
I don't remember this in any of the hobbit movies, was this a deleted scene or from an extended cut?
>>
>>34840691
this wtf
>>
OP, did you just come from /tv/?
>>
>>34840700
there's a whole extended battle scene that was cut
>>
>>34840623
I can't wait for us to stop having these stupid fucking threads every week.
>>
Because shields already exist.
>>
>>34840623
>this thread again
like last time we told you
you're fucking retarded and underage
>>
>>34840623
>antiarrow
Nonsense, such a thing would become unstable very quickly.

Have you fucks even taken a physics class?
>>
>>34840623
>Why didn't medieval people under the mercy of arrow volleys invent something like this?

Cz it wouldn't work if the archers didn't behave like these muppet elves and fire their arrows on command instead of continously shooting.
>>
>>34840623
Arrows weren't usually shot like that.
They were shot at short ranges and as flat as possible
>>
>>34840723
... And nothing of value was lost. That massively fat faggot kike Jackson just HAD to beat a dead horse with the trilogy instead of making two or one long movies true to the book instead of shoehorning in a bunch of horseshit to make a third movie, that he may earn enough shekels to fund his boy-molesting and fish and chips habits.
Oh, I'm mad.
>>
>>34841066
Yeah.... kind of like the second Star Wars trilogy, or the last two Matrix movies, or Enchanted Beasts and How To Beat Them To Death. You have a beloved IP, you made something fantastic, you have all the money and fandom and backing and permission in the world to do anything you want... and unfortunately, you do.
>>
Because that's utterly retarded and nonsensical and impractical and unfeasible, and because shields are 100% more effective and cheaper and practical.
>>
File: Germania.png (136KB, 692x396px) Image search: [Google]
Germania.png
136KB, 692x396px
because then the archers would just fire at will you fucking retard
>>
>>34841099
>the second SW trilogy
But that trilogy was fully canon.. they were poorly made but they didn't milk the series at all
>>
>>34841066

You do realise he wanted to do two movies, right?

It was the studio that ssense more money in three and demanded he make it fit.
>>
>>34840684
pokemon GO
>>
>>34840623
because plate armor is easier and more effective
>>
File: 1502333426732.gif (361KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1502333426732.gif
361KB, 256x256px
Why didn't medieval armies train a small corps of elite longbowmen whose sole purpose was to shoot down arrows shot by enemy archers?

Think of it like a very early form of human-powered THAAD
>>
>>34840623
Are you mentally impaired?
>>
>>34840623
>Shields don't exist: the post
>Shield walls didn't exist: the post
>Phalanxes didn't exist: the post
>>
>>34840623
Is this supposed to be a scene from The Hobbit? What the fuck have they done?

>>34840723
>there's a whole extended battle scene that was cut
They should have cut more.
>>
>>34841099
to be fair, the only money pandering SW did was all the clone wars animated series stuff
>>
>>34841099
FAP TO TRAP
>>
>>34841099
But magical beasts was pretty good
>>
>>34840623
>that movie was so shit I don't even remember this scene.

God the hobbit was terrible
>>
>>34840672
But they're elven arrows, very light you see.
>>
>>34842858
That is what you have an issue with? Both Clone Wars series were fantastic
>>
>>34840623
God, I just remembered this was a movie.
>>
>>34843476
Clone Wars has fantastic episodes. May i remind you they made entire arcs with Jarjar and the droids as protagonist.
>>
>>34840623

Its a neat idea; but getting a ballista bolt to spin like that over distance with arms jutting out of its side would be near impossible.
>>
>>34841066

I'd blame the studios more than Jackson.

He made three great films then they threw a shitload of cash at him to make them a Hobbit trilogy that would maximize their shekel haul.

You could tell he didn't give a fuck by the third Hobbit film though. That scene with Legolas hopping on the bricks like Super Mario, holy shit.
>>
File: 1283557196934.jpg (14KB, 256x225px) Image search: [Google]
1283557196934.jpg
14KB, 256x225px
>>34842704
Why didn't medieval armies shoot small arrows at their soldiers bodies and slowly shooting bigger arrows until they could resist longbow arrows?
>>
Why didn't medieval people just attach their arrows to the end of a stick and then run up and stab someone with it?
>>
>>34842704
I too read the Mahabharata
>>
>>34840998
Wut
>>
>>34842937
extended cut.
>>
>>34840998
You've been watching that fag on youtube that does those little tricks right? Hes entertaining, but has no idea what he's talking about when he says thats historically accurate.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.