[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /k/'s consensus on this shotgun? Saw one at

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

What's /k/'s consensus on this shotgun? Saw one at a store today for $400, thinking about going back and getting it, but I wanted to ask about it first
>>
It's a Benelli Supernova btw
>>
I've seen nothing but endless praise.
sub-500 bucks is a great deal.
>>
Buy it.
>>
(((mossberg))) 500
>>
>>34840389
Mossberg, Goldberg, same difference.
>>
>>34840257
Good as hell. They are the best pump gun on the market in all categories except traditional astetics and modularity (though this has gotten much better).

They are actually so light it can make heavy loads uncomfortable to shoot (their is a recoil dampener for this).

They have modern design features in a market full of 100 year old designs. The barrel and choke tube quality is outstanding.

I find then ugly, but they are also the best at being an all around shotgun. I would own one if I wasn't an insufferable benelli autofag
>>
>>34841304
I don't think they're ugly so much as they don't look good. If that makes any sense.

Thinking of picking up a 14 inch one for bears. What benelli you got senpai?
>>
>>34840257
Mossberg 500 blows this out of the water. No joke. The Supernova is complete trash and its marketed towards mall ninjas that want a benelli
>>
>>34843350
M1 super90

You in the US?
>>
Whats the point when you can find benelli m1s in a tactical setup for 400 dollars?
>>
I own the 28 in bbl nova, the difference between the supernova and the nova is quite small, unless you want to change the stock.

Great gun, shoots extremely well. Best part is how easy it is to clean, no tools needed, dissasembles with retained parts in about 25 seconds.

Only gay part is crossbokt safety, but thats up to personal taste i guess.

I have fired 3.5 inch super mag buckshot through mine and the recoil was pretty hard, but manageable and a lot of fun
>>
>>34840389

im kinda chubby n hairy and like glocks in fde....I don't wanna be that fat and hairy.. god please
>>
>>34840389
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I8e2PmWhNDE
>>
>>34840389
Rustberg
>>
>>34845740
I would buy a mossberg if their quality control wasent such shit.
>>
>>34840257
Theyre pretty well regarded. That's a good price too OP. Cheapest price im seeing on slickguns (now called gundeals) is about $450. PS slickguns, along with wikiarms are price aggregators of sorts for guns/accessories/ammo, that you can use in order to find the cheapest prices/sales on stuff on the web (incase you didn't know). You should buy it tho.
>>
>>34840257
Please buy it. Supernovas are amazing
>>
File: 20170403_195528.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_195528.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
I have a nova tactical with a mag extension and love it.
>>
>>34848897
Source?
>>
>>34840389
sauce?
>>
>>34849793
Walk in GS and 25% of all mossbergs i handled had surface rust.

I also had a 930 that would cycle for shit. The front sight was canted. And it would often get shells stuck in the chamber.
>>
File: 1500577895993.png (499KB, 944x720px) Image search: [Google]
1500577895993.png
499KB, 944x720px
Probably the best pump shotgun you can get and the price reflects it. Go for it if you want a pump.
Personally I would save a bit more for an autoloader at that price, but you can never have too many shotguns so just get both.
>>
>>34848888
Nah you're thinking of Rustington 870
>>
>>34852243
is this a recent thing? I've always been under the impression that Mossberg was gold standard
>>
Ive got one. I honestly believe its the best pump shotgun you can buy right now. Not the best looking, but best functioning.
>>
>>34840257
Great gun. Hear less bad about them than Mossys or remingtons.

I think a guy summed it up best by calling them the glock of the shotgun world. not current glock, think when they were new to the market and just a too futuristic looking newcomer with a reputation for just working. Relatively little aftermarket though.
>>
>>34852561
Mossbergs are usually ok but it's not like they foolproof QC or anything. Those guys sound a lot like they're throwing remington memes at you...
>>
>>34840257
For that price? I'd pick it up, that sounds like a steal.
>>
>>34852561
moss rust is an old thing. they have a normal blued finish. theres no drop in quality like rems finish but bluing was never the best at preventing rust. its more of rack guns get fingerbanged to hell and back. they rust where ppl touched them if employees dont give a a shit.
>>
File: 1498562034345.jpg (12KB, 471x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498562034345.jpg
12KB, 471x480px
>>34840257
>look up local price
>1100 when converted to USD
>>
>>34852808
>>34852561
makes sense. it sure sounded like Remington gripes, which is was I was head scratching. thanks for the info
>>
>>34854193
if a mossberg is rusty its cause storage conditions are shit and any other metal gun next to it will rust at the same rate.
its just normal blueing. not anything special.
rem on the other hand will rust but everything next to it will be perfectly fine.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.