[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With everything that has been happening in the last few months

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1489190050077.png (135KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
1489190050077.png
135KB, 800x850px
With everything that has been happening in the last few months I feel i'm actually growing into prepping, especially when even Opp says he's deeply worried at what is going on.

Where/how do I start? Any infographs or guides?

Also prepping thread.
>>
>prepping
>not being a scavenger masterrace
>>
>>34838698
>relying on others instead of yourself

My god, even in the post apocalypse there are welfare queens.
>>
File: SHTF Bosnia.jpg (2MB, 1504x2964px) Image search: [Google]
SHTF Bosnia.jpg
2MB, 1504x2964px
>>34838690
>Water, three weeks worth per person minimum.
>Food, three weeks per person minimum.
>Gun/Ammunition. Get over 1000 rounds stockpiled. If you have multiple family members get them some as well.
>Property outside the city
>Survival Skills, trapping+foraging+hunting+first aid.
>Seeds. A good mix, some should be very fast growing like radish. All seasons. Goal is to make it through a year then use the seeds from your crop to keep going. Use the gun to protect your crop from scavengers.

Do it in that order for the most part. Read pic related for why you don't want to be in or near a city.
>>
>>34838690
I'd recommend you assess your area first. For example I live in Los Angeles. If a disaster struck what items would I need to prioritize higher than others.
I have probably more water saved than say someone who lives in Washington state, because of my climate.
Also, I wouldn't prioritize a vehicle. Because truthfully if the major freeways shut down Im not going to be able to go anywhere. I'm trapped.
So OP consider your environment. Are you in a rural area? Maybe buy a book on bushcraft and stock up on fire making materials and proper clothing.
If you're urban like me really emphasize canned food and water because the chances of foraging are low.
>>
>>34838798
As for food to stockpile: Honey, Peanut butter, most anything canned, rice, beans. The expired canned food will still be good for the most part as long as the can is not swelled. Honey and peanut butter are calorie dense and last forever if sealed. Rice and beans will keep 10 years, 20 if vacuum packed with desiccant. You can do this on the cheap - Costco carries a jar of peanut butter with enough calories to carry 1 person through a whole week for $6-7, rice and beans are very cheap but need to be cooked so bear that in mind.
>>
>>34838798
>>34838815
>>34838842
How would you go about prepping in Australia? Specifically SE QLD.
>>
File: rune.jpg (294KB, 707x625px)
rune.jpg
294KB, 707x625px
>>34838758
Let's be real here. The people who were scavengers in this type of event would have the best stories to tell and the most memorable experiences vs some dude who lived in a bunker or some rural property growing potatoes.....
>>
>>34838849
I know you lot can get shotguns if you file the paperwork so get started on that right now.

I don't know Australian climate well, I would do all the things listed in the thread but farming will probably be harder, look for crops that work well locally. Get out of the city. If you are able you should be raising chickens and rabbits. In a long term situation you will deplete the soil of nutrients so you can use the chicken shit and compost from your scrap plant matter + mix in wood ash to revitalize the soil. Keep some pigs as well, feed them your food scraps and the bodies of looters.

If you don't want to do any of that get used to the idea of eating long pork, local game will likely be depleted fairly quickly so don't expect hunting animals to work for you very long.
>>
>>34838886
Forgot to mention if you are somewhere without water for your crops you need to set up a rainwater collection system.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.