[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You aren't gripping hard enough to manage recoil >You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: instructors_sb001.jpg (22KB, 320x275px) Image search: [Google]
instructors_sb001.jpg
22KB, 320x275px
>You aren't gripping hard enough to manage recoil
>You are gripping to hard and need to stop fighting the pistol

Are there any good intermediate/advanced sources for pistol shooting? Most of what I find is too basic (Make sure not to do a teacup grip shit) or seems to be conflicting information like above.
>>
>>34836458
Just do thumbs forward and grip the weapon only hard enough that A. it cycles properly and B. you can control the muzzle flip enough to snap back to aligned sights as fast as you can. It's different for everyone.
>>
This video helped me with my grip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ly_FWI3RoM

You just have to ignore him trying to sell you his training materials.
>>
>>34836458
shoot more, shoot variety of calibers to get more exposure, take a class. Seen deathgrip shooters and loose grip shooters, if you hit your target your gold.
>>
>>34836543
Also Sage Dynamics has a good video on handgun grip
>>
>>34836458
>Are there any good intermediate/advanced sources for pistol shooting?

pistol-training and pistol-forum.

Hands down the best shooting forum on the internet. You can literally ask questions and recieve answers from subject matter experts that post there regularly and they have plenty of archived threads on this exact matter.
>>
>>34836624
I figure it has to be grip, because I seem to excellent at one hand pistol shooting. I'm just meh with the proper tactical grip and stance.
>>
>>34836712
I had the exact same problem! I was more accurate with one hand than with two because of how my two-handed grip was changing my trigger finger placement. For me, I just applied some of the concepts from those two videos and started putting more finger on the trigger. Now my slow fire accuracy is mostly limited by my vision
>>
File: FN_509_lead05.jpg (66KB, 1200x748px)
FN_509_lead05.jpg
66KB, 1200x748px
>crap shot but trying to get better
>renting funs from range because I left all of mine in another state
>start with fn 509
>all over the paper
>switch to fnx
>at least mostly in c zone with around half in a
what does this mean? also is there anything else I can do to improve other than just shooting more? is there anything I can do to practice at home? or should I buy a .22 so I can afford to shoot more often?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45QhpvY9LZc

Thoughts on Bob Vogel approach?
>>
>>34836845
I saw this one, and I messed around with it for an hour or so with dry fire and couldn't make it work, but maybe it works with the heavily modified glocks with cuts and stippling in certain areas. My biggest problem was that I had less contact with the gun using his method than a standard one.
>>
watch the hickok45 videos.

I changed my grip to his and I shoot much better.
>>
>>34836870
Yeah I shoot a goofy weaver stance from being left eye dominant and right handed. Like trying different stances to fuck around, range buddy busted out laughing when I broke into CAR for shits n giggles.
>>
>>34836458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKdEp5R2kqM

based ron avery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BStk1O2BjLM
>>
>>34836834
1. There is no shortcut here you need to practice shooting, fucking go shoot more lazyass
2. Yes you can practice technique at home: stance, grip, breathing, trigger pull, draw, etc. Get all the facets down and put them together smoothly with your unloaded pistol dry firing (if your pistol is good for dry fire)
3. .22 is cheap, so is 9mm. Everything is cheap rn actually, stop being a cheap ass just go fuckin shoot.
>>
>>34837212
what is the best way to practive your trigger pull at home? I heard something about putting a coin on the front sight and dry firing without it falling off, but I couldn't even get it up in front of me without it falling over.
>>
>>34837279
You need to grip less tightly and control your breathing. That's a good drill.

I've got a laser sight on my XDS, so I stand 5 yds from a wall and focus on a spot: I practice going through the trigger pull smoothly with good technique without the laser bouncing around.
>>
>>34836458
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSazF41q-s
this old man taught me how to shoot.
>>
>>34836458
Stance isn't really an issue. I can shoot accurately using both isosceles and weaver. Don't be like me for the last two years and study it relentlessly and not pay attention to what really matters, like controlling your breathing, trigger placement, and grip.

For grip and stance, yeah watch youtube and see how people do it, but you have to experiment. Personally, I found a modified weaver with a thumbs forward grip works perfect for me. I also train isosceles as well just to keep it interesting.

Find what works for you and have fun.
>>
>>34837351
I practiced aiming the laser on the scanning gun when I worked in a warehouse, but I don't think it helped with shooting real ones. do you know anything about those electronic systems where you put some shit on your gun and it registers a dot on a target when you pull the trigger?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.