[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fast can you clear concealment/duty level retention and place

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

File: 1501426147651.webm (2MB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501426147651.webm
2MB, 500x300px
How fast can you clear concealment/duty level retention and place a shot on a 8" circle 7 yards away?
This is a trick question as most of you don't own a shot timer, thus you have never confronted the reality of your handspeed, weapon presentation, target focus, reaction speed and the effects of a situation of duress and stress where you are responding and not deciding.

Most of you shouldn't be allowed to own a pistol let alone carry one, you are children. Funny how every male you've ever met is proficient with the gun he bought 6 years ago and leaves loaded in the night stand - we make fun of him, but then you guys have an equal inexperience of training & practice and carry on top of it, you are so wrapped around your own shallow world view. Holsters without belt line gaps are prolific here, that alone is undisputed evidence of intense cognitive dissonance.
>>
File: tfdidijustread.jpg (259KB, 460x800px) Image search: [Google]
tfdidijustread.jpg
259KB, 460x800px
>>34836194
>8" circle 7 yards
>not NRA B-8 at 25

>holsters without belt line gaps
>>
>>34836242
Shooting a B8 at 25 is bullseye proficiency - I never suggested that wasn't a valuable ability

But vehicle distance with rapid weapon presentation and hits inside the commonly understood thoracic region are a lot more important from practical context - and that is the framing of my initial quandary/supposition.
>>
>>34836194
Is it just one of you making these threads or is this a group effort?
>>
>>34836242
>>34836271

And yeah a holster without a belt line gap large enough to reliably apportion is fucking garbage, fact.
>>
>>34836289
Is it just one of you or a group effort to turn /k/ into a disparaged parody of firearms manipulation discussion?

Some of us are into guns for the shooting, you know, the thing they were designed for.

There's a whole bunch of threads out there where your unskilled, shitter ass can argue why one design is better than another and how the jews are the devil, but in here, I'm looking for responses from people with experience in the subject matter. Applied experience.
>>
>>34836338
You never did answer my question.

I ask because if you bothered to behave like an adult instead of a maladjusted teenager lashing out randomly at strangers on the internet, you could probably have a pretty successful general thread that would attract plenty of regulars.

But by all means, keep shitposting.
>>
write more this is fun to read
>>
>>34836194
>How fast can you clear concealment/duty level retention and place a shot on a 8" circle 7 yards away?

>consistently 1.5 seconds, AIWB on a 3x5 at 7 yards with a Glock 19

I actually do own a timer and agree with OP's sentiment. 95% of /k/ is inadequately prepared to carry a gun
>hurr
>I'll fucking smoke anyone that tries to fuck with me and just say "I feared for my life"
>better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6
>muh muh rights mothafucka
>classes are for fucking idiots
>I'm a man with two testicles, I know how to shoot a gun, I don't need a vetted instructor with x amount of years of experience dealing with violent crime that also has impressive competition wins to teach me how to shoot
>competition is for fags btw ok guys
>something something truck gun (doesn't actually carry)
>completely lacks the understanding of how violent assaults work

And my favorite
>goes to depths trying to dissect small percieved increases in skill by arguing about pointless shit like pistol brands, load selection and caliber dickwaving
>>
>>34836407
>You never did answer my question.
No, it's not just me, in fact this i the first OP I've made in 2 weeks or so.
>>
>>34836421
Posit a question or a contextual point, I'll do my best to be non-inflammatory

>consistently 1.5 seconds, AIWB on a 3x5 at 7 yards with a Glock 19
You are GGG anon and fuck yes your LAPD SWAT qual has left you in fantastic form, it's a shame you have such reserved hubris because /k/ needs a nice kick in the communal junk
>>
I need a shot timer, as I understand I am not the quickest out there, and want to improve, but other things come before this piece of gear... like housing and food.

I probably float around the 3 sec mark... likely worse.

> poverty stronk
>>
>>34836497
>GGG anon

??? I don't understand your post?
>>
>>34836194
>training
Nigger do you have dudes run at you while you play Wild Wild West?
QUICKDRAW IS A RETARDED MEME.
YOU WILL NEVER DO IT.
SHOOTING FAST IS NOT IMPORTANT, ONLY ACCURACY IS.
>>
>>34836656
"triple G"
>>
>>34836576
A shot timer app is better than nothing I suppose.
>>
>>34836669
Don't have a cell phone even.
>>
>>34836677
damn nigga
>>
>>34836194
>implying a mugger is going to check his shot timer and shoot you because you drew .1s too slow
>implying irl there isn't just fast enough and dead.
>implying a half second of confusion bought by subterfuge on your part isn't a greater edge than months or years worth of training would get you
>implying being able to put shots on target from a draw in ~1.5-2s isn't sufficient and once you get to that point a shooting isn't more likely going to be decided by luck and your tactical choices in the moment than anything
>then there's the whole second part of your post where it devolves into obvious an unimaginative trolling

Senpai, please.
>>
File: 1483973968866.png (142KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
1483973968866.png
142KB, 292x257px
>his gun has a stoppage
>he doesn't have tap rack bang hardwired into his brain and instead, stops and stares at his pistol like it has a cock growing out of the muzzle end for +10 seconds

Please don't tell me you do this, /k/.
>>
>>34836656
You're 1.5 sec on a 3"x5" at 7 yards reminded me very much of another anon who benchmarks about the same. FWIW my BEST draw on 3"x5" at 7 yards is 1.3 but my average is prob closer to 1.7 - I got a 1.01 on a 8" at 3 yards on the move the other day - that was nice.

>>34836576
Grab the pocket pro II - other brands dress their models up and charge more but the PPII is literally the reliability king. I can't stress how important on demand shooting is with pistols

>>34836703
We are not simulating self defense with timers, we are representing the reactionary and defensive mindset you are placed in to, go read and learn before you spout this drivel.
>>
>>34836829
>we are simulating self defense with timers
No, you're talking about simulating the last 1.5-2s of self defense with a timer.

The rest of the encounter and how you handle it is going to likely have a much larger bearing on how you come out of things then drawing and firing in 1.5s as opposed to 1.75s.
>>
>>34836850
>No, you're talking about simulating the last 1.5-2s of self defense with a timer.

Not at all, we as the "good guys" are most likely forced to be reactionary, if that's immediate, or a delayed counter-ambush it is still extremely time sensitive, how is that not clear? This is evident though a ton of recorded footage and recounts of events, you are either obtuse or intentionally dishonest.
>>
File: 1479267029529.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1479267029529.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>34836829
It's funny, I don't really consider myself that good of a shooter (probably better than most on /k/) but apparently 1.5 seconds is good from what other people say on other places. I personally think I'm fucking slow on the draw.

I don't dry practice as much as I know I should be. That and shooting at 25+ yards.
>>
>>34836886
I don't know what you want to hear. Yes 1.5 seconds for a hit on a 3"x5" at 21 feet is extremely competent. You bringing it up so singularly suggests you probably don't shoot like that all the time and see this as your highlight, if I am mistaken forgive me, but given your current disposition in the post I'm responding to I'm not sure you do so at all, or at least not consistently.
>>
>>34836194
I dont even own a pistol.
I could try with my folding stock .22, its got a red dot on it that'll perform well for it. but I'm not sure where you would like me to start with it.
If its already loaded, and in my usual carry position when walking around(upside down, grabbed from the folded stock) I'd say honestly around 3 seconds.
>>
>>34836879
>this is evident from recorded footage and recounts of events
Not for real. Most criminals want something from you so some sort of exchange has to happen. The vast majority of civilian DGUs i've seen have gone more or less:

1. guy approaches with weapon in his hand either concealed or possibly drawn
2. GGG either sees them approaching and draws before they get close or get's surprised
3. GGG either puts rounds downrange in the first place avoiding an OK corral style draw off where .25s are the deciding factor or feigns compliance
4. GGG waits for the best moment and flips the script by counter ambushing their assailant, effectively catching them by surprise.

Suggesting that people who don't own a shot timer and and live their lives around trying to shave .1-.2s off their draw shouldn't be allowed to own a firearm is asinine. Raw draw speed is rarely what determines how a DGU will play out. Situational awareness and quick thinking are typically much more important.
>>
>>34836985
I just recalled doing this very thing, but using my primary sights, and unfolding the stock against a running squirrel at probably 7 yards. Probably took me around 5 seconds, and I missed a bit, wanted a headshot but got the neck.
>>
File: 1502006657769.png (322KB, 1150x556px) Image search: [Google]
1502006657769.png
322KB, 1150x556px
>>34836949
I mean I priotize a fast and efficient drawstroke more than any other skill but I don't spend 99% of the time at the range masturbating to my shot timer practicing it over and over again hundreds of times. I do other stuff like bill drills, failure drills, dot torture etc, far from those instagrammy shooters.

In my opinion, getting a fast drawstroke isn't really as cracked up to be. It doesn't mean shit if someone can close in on you, fouling your draw and gets hands on with you. iirc, that T-Rex arms guy got stomped when he was in one of Aaron Cowan's FoF class.
>>
>>34836799
Tbh i want to practice malfunction clearing but my CZ never jams :(
>>
>>34837030
>that T-Rex arms guy got stomped when he was in one of Aaron Cowan's FoF class.

details?

Wasn't trying to bag on you, just got a weird vibe from your post

I love Cowan and I tend to given Botkins a wide berth of respect
>>
>all these fucking implications
>I took the bait and I'm going to show off anyway

https://youtu.be/PgYcBr429tw
>>
>>34836799
It's tap, rack AIM stupid fuck. Get back to the 1970s grandpa
>>
>>34837058
>Tbh i want to practice malfunction clearing but my CZ never jams :(

Do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MrIJXaJB84
>>
>>34837083
I like your alacrity but this demos nothing, you stared without a timer, you chose when to start, you had no measure of shot accountability - sure looks fun and maybe some no guns or young guns are impressed, I'm not.
>>
>>34837083
On the one hand you're a disgusting potato shaped facsimile of a man.

On the other hand you can honestly shoot passably well.

Congratulations?
>>
>>34837127
>no timer
>gun in hand, no concealed or duty
>mag dumping on point blank garbage
>no drill standards or measuring

This is just embarrassing, did you read the OP?
>>
>>34837059
>give botkin respect
why? he makes decent products and is average on the range but he's kind of a tryhard
>>
File: 20170501_131627.jpg (529KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170501_131627.jpg
529KB, 2048x1152px
>>34836194
Dunno, but I can go from USPSA start position (hands held in air at ear level) to round on target on a standard 5x7 notecard in 1.2 seconds at 10 yards from AIWB. Pic related, my "hardmode" target (from concealment) from the old DOTM.

I can also go from standard relaxed (upright standing, hands at sides) to round on target on a 5x7 notecard with a single-action revolver in a traditional zero-retention cowboy holster in 1.1 second consistently with my fastest being 0.9 second.
>I shoot a lot of SASS
>>
>>34837294
He's damn tryhard, but have you ever tried to beat his PBs on his drills offered on the (redacted for shilling) website? They are like...very far out of reach for most...I say that as someone who occasionally shoots a sub 5 sec FAST and cleared the gunsite 499 with a 79 on a cold, blind attempt and splits 50/50 turbo/light pin on GW standards.

So even if he's cherrypicking, his fucking cherries are ripe
>>
>>34837323 <---------This guy

you are ggg, TELL ME THE TRUTH
>>
File: 20170409_174027.jpg (716KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170409_174027.jpg
716KB, 2048x1152px
>>34837340
I dunno what GGG is, sorry. I'm just a middle aged dude who shoots a lot.
>>
>>34837345
aww well contender anon you are just as respectable sir. Are you still using the P01? what are you AIWB these days?
>>
>>34837363
Sometimes, it's normally my winter carry. I've got an LC9s Pro for summer/pocket carry

Upgraded to a Legacy Firearms Apollo AIWB light-bearing for the P01 and using a Desantis Nemesis for the LC9s.
>>
>>34836497
>>34836656
>>34836665
>>34836986
>>34837345

For reference, ggg is the anon who wrote this: https://www.scribd.com/document/346633700/Git-Gud-k-s-Guide-to-Practicing-Defensive-Pistolcraft-Revision-1
>>
File: 1499556357153.jpg (147KB, 710x698px) Image search: [Google]
1499556357153.jpg
147KB, 710x698px
>>34837385
Thought you were gonna shuck it per dotm threads stating accidentally decocking in
>>
>>34836194
Using the Range Timer and wearing what I normally wear (inside the waistband and untucked flannel and a tshirt) I'm at 2.8 seconds consistently, 3.5 if I'm having an off day or the shirt I'm wearing does something weird.

If I wanted to be optimistic and pretend I open carry, had my wheaties and the moon is just right I can get within 1.8 but never better than that. People who post times with anything other than their EDC kind of piss me off becasue I can bet very few actually carry that way.
>>
File: 20170411_142956.jpg (774KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170411_142956.jpg
774KB, 2048x1152px
>>34837410
Probably will eventually. Still trying to find a P10c locally to get a feel for it, it's high on my bucket list for replacements.

I did talk to CGW to see if I could maybe convert it to manual safety, which I could, but it's more money than I'm willing to spend.

>>34837402
Ah, yeah, that guy's a beast. I'm mainly a bullseye shooter.
>>
>>34837412
>People who post times with anything other than their EDC kind of piss me off becasue I can bet very few actually carry that way.

This is a very relatable statement. got real tired of OWB no retention hotshots pretty early on.

Cool thing? AIWB concealment is almost as fast as the range gamers and is the deepest most accessible carry.
>>
>>34837425
>Ah, yeah, that guy's a beast. I'm mainly a bullseye shooter.

Well you got /ak/ anon who is the pic, and ggg who is the writer, but that said >1.2 sec draw on 3x5 @ 21 ft (I'm bullseye shooter) fuck youuuuuuuuuuuu that is not factual, we love you, 1.2 at the previously listed criteria is very much passed the average ability, /k/ might say otherwise, but yeah, you know how that goes
>>
>>34837465
>passed

kill me
>>
>>34837331
I still need to try the FAST one of these days.

I was practicing the Bill Drill last week and could not get under 2.8 seconds and averaged over 3 seconds across 20 runs.
>>
File: 20170403_144635.jpg (725KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170403_144635.jpg
725KB, 2048x1152px
>>34837465
I mean, yeah, I'm a very good shooter, but I don't really practice "modern" tactical stuff very much. I've got a lot of years shooting competition and a lot more years just shooting.
>this fucking target still pisses me the fuck off
I kept shooting this trying for a 300/30x. Never got it.
>>
>>34837323
>tfw I want to be Bad or Blondie but I'm always Tuco
Some day...
>>34837434
Honestly I probably was quicker on the draw like 5 years ago when I appendix carried, didn't have any money for a range that had a timer and had a lot of motivation to practice drawing becasue I lived in a shitty section of town. But then I got a job, moved to a better apartment and then got fatter so it's 4 o clock for me.

Working on the fat part becasue I don't want to get a new belt but I need to work up the motivation I used to have to spend like an hour a day practicing drawing in my room.
>>
>>34837479
For me Bill Drills are the hardest of the standard metrics I test myself with, I usually attribute it to LEM triggers being a bit longer and me being a friendly skelington so recoil management is not %1,000 - lastly I tend to index the gun up rather than press it out losing that first shot while the sight picture is finalizing.

I say this to lend weight of experience to my assessment of your ability, if you can 1.2 from concealment on a 3x5, man that's a great base to work for a 2.25 Bill drill. All in all it's just nice to see a few folks still hanging around have bits of standards, I definitely appreciate your presence.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.