[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So i just got a lorcin 25 and a box of ammo for 30 bucks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: lorcincal253.jpg (88KB, 531x440px) Image search: [Google]
lorcincal253.jpg
88KB, 531x440px
So i just got a lorcin 25 and a box of ammo for 30 bucks today howd i do /k/?
>>
>>34835591
post again when you've gotten $30 worth of fun out of it
>>
>>34835591
If it works fine, then good. If it's a jam-o-matic, then poorly.
>>
The cheapest on armslist is for $100 and it has gay pink grips, so I'd say you did pretty good anon.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/7062232/oklahoma-city-oklahoma-handguns-for-sale--lorcin-l25-25-cal?utm_source=c000031&utm_medium=plink&utm_campaign=p717900
>>
>>34835591
>howd i do /k/?
You basically bought one box of .25 auto and got a piece of shit handgun for free.
>>
>>34835591
Probably has blood on it
>>
So lorcin is /k/ approved? This things never been shot i hope it doesnt grenade on me in the morning
>>
>>34835786

No, no, it's not /k/ approved. The previous posters just implied since they typically go for more than that, for what he paid, he got a good deal. Not that it's a good thing he got a good deal on

Better than no gun, yes, but just barely. I hope he did it for a meme
>>
>>34835761
He could probably double his money on the gun pretty easily.
>>
>>34835591

You did great. Niggertown specials are fun guns
>>
I figured it would make a decent tackle box gat and for 30 if it fires it cant be beat.
>>
>>34835971

Nah, this is a quality drop gun. I keep an LA Fury for this purpose. God forbid I ever have to Zimmerman someone. At least the drop gun will avoid charges if the deceased party is nigra.
>>
Lorcin went under after 4-5 dozen wrongful death lawsuits stacked up. Even among Ring-of-Fire potmetal junk guns, the Lorcin was noted for its propensity for accidental discharges when loading or unloading, and when carried in pockets, purses, sitting untouched in drawers, and especially when dropped.

The Lorcin is a spontaneous game of surprise Russian Roulette.

If I had the misfortune to own one, I wouldn't sell it or even give it away if I had any assets; I'd destroy it.
>>
>>34835786
No, they're terrible but 30 bucks for any gun is pretty good.
>>
File: 1474855948956.png (227KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1474855948956.png
227KB, 500x375px
>>34835971
tackle box will run you more than the gun
>>
What you bought is essentially a nickel plated turd.

Bear in mind that a nickel plated turd has a propensity to kill you should it be used in its intended manner.
>>
>>34835786
what they are saying is that at $30.00 they practically gave it to you. the gun is still shit,

>>34835761
this
>>
It'll probably explode when you shoot it. Keep it without one in the pipe because like >>34836135
said they have a tendency to go off for no reason.
>>
Ill definitley report back on its accuracy and reliability in the morning. Funny enough i have lures that cost more than this gun in my tacklebox
>>
>>34836702
That doesn't surprise me.

There are good pistols made in .25ACP, but the ring of fire guns are hit and miss, mostly miss.
>>
>>34838376
What are the best pistols in .25, anyway?
>>
>>34838450
Colt made Colt Junior is one that I know and love.
>>
>>34838458
How about the Beretta 418?
>>
>>34838511
Just get the seecamp in 32, it's the same size anyways but with much more STOPPAN POWAH
>>
>>34838450
Colt Junior, Beretta 418, FN Baby Browning are the top tier ones. There's some good Spanish and Italian models that aren't as good but decent enough.
>>
Bobcat any good?as a little kid i found my grandpas in a nightstand drawer its long since gone but still remember it vividly
>>
>>34838676
Yes, it's a very nice pistol.
>>
>>34835591
given that a box of .25 is ~20 you did good
>>
>>34835591
some guy on gunbroker is selling a lorcin 9mm for just the cost of shipping. lel
>>
>>34838749

I wish this guy would relist with 99 cent start no reserve:

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/677292122

But I can't pay $425 for that fucker, even though it is one of the last few major "special" SNS pistols I need for my collection
>>
>>34838817
I kinda want to start collecting saturday night specials, i just don't know where to look for them.
>>
>>34838869
The ghetto, police lockers...
>>
>>34838869

Get friendly with your local FFL's.

>know FFL
>he runs more of a mid-to-high end shop
>doesn't sell SNS pistols to avoid the typical clientele
>gets them from PD's all the time for $25-40
>usually sells them to a nearby pawn shop unless they're really nice

But I have a list of things I want, so if he comes across something, he puts it aside for me and sells it for what he'd get from the local pawn shop. Usually get them for $40-75 depending on condition and type.

I get some at gun shows here and there too. Got a parts Rohm for $10 a few months ago. Got a parts kit off GB for $30-35 IIRC, put everything together, functioning .22 revolver for about $50. It's good for what it is.
>>
>>34838610
>get the seecamp
>have no sights
>garbage heel mag release
honestly the NAA is basically a Seecamp with sights and an American style mag release, plus it's cheaper too.
>>
>>34835591

I found a shitty ass Jennings J-22 by the river once. You might get one shot off before the thing jams.

Might.

Also totally a Saturday Night Special and probably used to kill someone.
>>
>>34840693
Seecamp is pretty good actually. It's smaller than the NAA copy and with less sharp corners. Even with no sights I can shoot a group the size of a 50c piece at around 20 feet (across the room).

Not to mention, it's now available in 380 at the same fucking size as the 32. Which was in the same size package as their original 25acp. I'd wager it's about the smallest 380 money can buy. Smaller than most derringers, except stuff like the 22 cal NAA revolvers, and it's smaller than some of those.

The NAA 32 guardian kicks ass, but the Seecamp is even better.
>>
>>34841509
I wish Seecamp would suck it up and put a guttersnipe sight on his pistols
>>
>>34841870
I guess I can see how you might want one. But have you shot a Seecamp? They aren't too tough to shoot a small group at the distances you'd likely need to use a pocket gun.

Like he says in the manual, if you're wanting to be able to take careful, aimed shots at a guy 100 feet away, carry a bigger fucking gun.
>>
>>34842024
look to the original meaning of "the customer is always right"
It's the same thought process behind designing the LWS 32's magwell so it cant hold regular ball .32, a "I know better than you" type of design
>>
>>34842093
If you want it that bad I imagine you can find a place that can do it for you. Assuming there is enough room in that slide for the milling.

To each his own.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.