[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can some /k/ommandos give me a rundown on the type-97? how does

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: t97.jpg (64KB, 660x287px) Image search: [Google]
t97.jpg
64KB, 660x287px
Can some /k/ommandos give me a rundown on the type-97? how does it compare to other bullpups?
>>
Just wait for the upcoming war in east asia, I'm sure you'll see plenty of them
>>
>>34833484
No we wouldn't. The Type 97 is a semiautomatic rifle chambered in .223, fed by STANAG magazines, and designed for export. We'd be seeing QBZ-95s and QBZ-03s if China got involved in a new Korean conflict. That said...
>5.8x42mm surplus soon
>>
>>34833468

Leafs like them because they're among the cheapest non-restricted semi-auto centerfire rifles they can get. The ergos are dogshit: The mag release and safety are in brain-dead retarded positions (the former probably because they just nigrigged a STANAG well onto the design), and the charging handle is too small. The only way to lock it open without an empty magazine is to stick a finger lewdly up the magwell to engage the lever while also holding back the tiny charging handle. They are supposedly made for the Canadian market but still ship with a Chinese army optic rail for some reason, and there are no rails/slots for other accessories. They are very finicky about which magazines they'll even accept (let alone work reliably with), somehow being both too tight for polymer mags and too loose for metal. The plastic handguard / pistol grip is bendy, and a piece of that same plastic separates your face from the action of a Chinese rifle. Trigger is not awful by bullpup standards but not great. Upgrades from T97.ca can fix some but not all of these problems.

It's shit, in other words, but its praised because its only competition in Pearland are the VZ58, SU-16, or rifles that cost $3000+.
>>
>>34833630

>Pearland

Leafland*
>>
>>34833468
Pretty cool, but you'll wanna shoot again in a half hour.
>>
china is already replacing their bullpups for more AK looking rifles.
>>
>>34833630
I'll add to that that the sights are useless and you will need to use an optic.
>>
>>34833630
Aren't QBZ-95's starting to fall apart and they're being pawned off on the Flips in Marawi?
>>
>>34833468
Looks like the closest I'll ever come to an SA80. I bought a replica to quell my autism, but not being able to shoot it isn't quite the same.
>>
File: qbz-03[1].jpg (146KB, 1278x645px) Image search: [Google]
qbz-03[1].jpg
146KB, 1278x645px
>>34833701
They introduced these QBZ-03s in 2003 to replace the QBZ-95. I'm not really knowledgeable on these, but they are basically modernized Type-86s in 5.8mm.

afaik the PLA still uses QBZ-95s for most backline/lower priority units because they were produced in such great numbers. The original QBZ-95 ergos were shit too and an upgraded version that fixed some of the issues was adopted, I don't think those upgrades ever made their way to the QBZ-97.
>>
Is there a good, reliable source that compares the ballistics of the 5.8 to the 5.56, or 5.45?
>>
>>34834908

i-is that a fighter brake?
>>
>>34834908
False haven't you seen their parades?
>>
File: 71782030.jpg (9KB, 368x158px) Image search: [Google]
71782030.jpg
9KB, 368x158px
>>34837726
They're not gonna just stop using lightly used QBZs just because they have a replacement you dense git.
>>
>>34837752
They had their parade this month which include all of their top units. All of them had the qbz95 variants. Show me a recent picture or video that shows their airborne or SOF with the 03s.
>>
>>34834908
why do eastern countries hate picatinny rails so much?
>>
>>34837908
There is no value to them if you cant afford to issue anything to put on them. The NOD-equipped units that would benefit from rail accessories get ACOG knockoffs with a laser and flashlight built into the mount.
>>
>>34834908
china will keep using QBZ 95, they stopped the 03 line years ago. Cuz.......china doesn't care about their light infantry's small arm.
>>
>>34833468
is that a Famas?
>>
File: SbVZzTR.jpg (88KB, 800x510px) Image search: [Google]
SbVZzTR.jpg
88KB, 800x510px
>>34837908
I just learned about these.
China slapped on some tacticool shit onto old type-81 rifles and issued them to police.
>>
>>34838178
i think i agree with chesnokov on this one. holy fuck.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.