[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are an enlisted soldier, and your officer orders you to commit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: william calley.jpg (102KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
william calley.jpg
102KB, 900x675px
You are an enlisted soldier, and your officer orders you to commit a war crime. If you do it, you risk being found out and court martialed. If you don't do it, you risk being court martialed for disobeying orders. You might think you can safely refuse because the court will take your side, but then again the court might not. Furthermore, your officer might find some indirect way to punish you, like assigning to you a more dangerous or difficult duty, denying you recommendation for promotion, or being less lenient on you if you ever fuck up. You might even risk being hazed or fragged by your fellow soldiers. What is a soldier to do?
>>
Who gives a fuck about war crimes?
>>
>>34832667
Mumble and look at the ground.
>>
>>34832667
Frag him before he can frag you
>>
>>34832667
Refuse, expose war crime, depending on how god awful it is
If it's just
"lol let's execute this ISIS fighter EPW" then I'll do it because fuck them
If it's "Let's murder rape this whole village" then someone's getting fucked
>>
>>34832667
Commit my own warcrime by deleting him.
>>
>war crime

More like pussy politicians making rules that they never have to follow
>>
Üb immer Treu und Redlichkeit
Bis an dein kühles Grab,
Und weiche keinen Finger breit
Von Gottes Wegen ab
>>
Fucked if you do, fucked if you don't. So either regret enlisting and blow your head off, or resent being drafted and fin some place to seek asylum.
>>
>>34832667
depends on the crime, I might agree with it or consider it to minor to act on "hey jimmy we killed al these here chinks so before we roll them in a ditch and burn them we are gonna mutalate the corpes a bit to put the fear of chairman mao into the POW so he starts talking"
Is quite diffrent from "hey jimmy help us mutilate/torture these POW's and civies for kicks and giggles"
>>
>>34832667
Commit a war crime on the officer.
>>
>>34833008
>that they never have to follow

But you do. Because no matter how much your edgy little teenage ass will beg to differ, that's how the people decide what use you are to be, and how you are ultimately held accountable. The military obeys, or it has no reason to exist, and becomes a liability instead, often a tyrant.
>>
>>34833017
You wanna know how you get people to do the latter? Don't punish the former. The slope has been shown, again and again, to be a well greased one indeed.
>>
>>34832982
This, what are they gonna do, court martial you?
>>
>>34832667
Go AWOL
>>
>>34833035
Think he meant politicians don't follow the rules, see: drones
>>
>>34832667
War is war. I'm told to acknowledge that the officers above me are doing what's best for the effort and to keep us all alive and safe. I know that can't be true all the time, but I accept that as it is and follow the order as it is given and accept my fate.
>>
>>34832667
Jokes on you, I AM THE OFFICER
>>
>>34832984
There was a soldier who exposed the My Lai massacre. His name was Hugh Thompson. He was treated like shit during the war, denounced by Congress, and received death threats all the time. Only years later did he get credit for doing the right thing.
>>34832982
>>34833033
Yes, you could be court martialed, and if the court doesn't like you, they could sentence to you life in a hellish prison or even death.
>>
>>34832667
Commit the war crime before I'm asked to
>>
>>34832667

At these times, court will be in your favor, if you snitch your officer who gave orders like that. You can`t even use non-lethal force against hajis without media tearing a new one to the military.
>>
>>34833227
This. If the officer is ordering me to rape the underage kids is only cause he already fucked them. I don't like sloppy seconds.
>>
There are no such things as "crimes" during war time.
>>
I was actually thinking on this the other day.
If said war crime is actually brutal as fuck like rape, execution, massacre of civilians and then planting weapons, etc then I'd refuse. However, I acknowledge the need for a unit to stick together, so I'll probably say something like "I refuse to carry out that order but I won't snitch either".

I mean, it really does come down to what exactly you're being told to do, torturing a POW for info on the field doesn't seem too bad if you execute him afterwards
>>
>>34833051
Nice fallacy
>>
>>34832667
Gladly go above and beyond the call of duty and commit more war crimes than was ordered.
>>
>>34834394
>hey let's rape this girl

>RIGHTO SIR JUST IN A MOMENT
>sets entire village on fire, killing 2,250

i see you're a chaotic neutral
>>
File: Dirlewanger Brigade Waifu.png (2MB, 1414x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Dirlewanger Brigade Waifu.png
2MB, 1414x2000px
>>34832667
>your officer orders you to commit a war crime
I gladly complete the task, and ask for more.
>>
ITT: Children who don't know the UCMJ even exists.
>>
Not how it works, if you don't participate, you're a liability, and will be dealt with. Also, you will look like a bitch even if he decides not to do the bad thing.
Yes, even if you say you won't tell.
Better to just stick to your guns and straight refuse.
I've seen situations where an officer doesn't want to look like a pussy in front of some other dickhead, so he passes the blame by ordering a lower officer or nco to do it. By refusing, you give him a way out, like "Oh, Sgt fag won't do it, so I guess we can't, what a loser/pta"
This way, he still looks good, and no one goes to leavenworth.
Now, if you stumble on some guys doing some bad shit, that's a different situation altogether.
Just walk away.
"I wasn't there./I didn't see anything/Not my monkeys"
Say it with me: Plausible Deniability
>>
>>34832667
That's not how war crimes usually happen. It's a spur of the moment thing usually.
>>
>>34832667
war crimes are for the losers

who do i get to rape?
>>
>>34833243
Most of the men involved in the Haditha massacre were either unpunished or punished very lightly. I don't think any of them got the death penalty.
>>34833424
That's true, but courts martial don't know that.
>>34834584
>Not how it works, if you don't participate, you're a liability, and will be dealt with
Maybe. Most of the men at My Lai just sort of wandered off and turned a blind eye to it. Stuff like My Lai happened all the time in Nam, so they were probably as used to it as one can be.
>>
File: 463.jpg (7KB, 181x272px) Image search: [Google]
463.jpg
7KB, 181x272px
>>34834739
>>
>>34833207
That's because C Co. 1/20 did nothing wrong.
>>
>>34832667
Depends on what it is. If it's something like rape and murder 100 gooks civilians I'm fucking disobeying or outright shooting him. If it's something like smoke out gooks with tear gas I'm just gonna go along with it.
>>
>>34832667
Don't do it.
No one listens to officers anyways. We always just try to stuff them off in some meaningless position while we actually run the day to day operations.
>>
It depends, is the crime killing Muslims? I'll do that in spades first time I'm asked.
>>
>>34835959
CRAAWLING IIIN MY SKIIIN
>>
>>34832667
"War crime" is just a way that the Jews control other nations. There is no such thing as a war without horrible things that are done.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.