[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, how does someone become "sharp"? by that i mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: 88b.png (427KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
88b.png
427KB, 600x563px
/k/, how does someone become "sharp"?
by that i mean

>able to spot a camouflaged, crawling fucker from a mile away
>less than or equal to 100ms reaction speed
>better night vision
>able to hear a whisper 50 meters away
>>
>>34832304
Practice shooting at night to improve your sight, then move on to hunting
>>
>>34832304
You don't really "become" it, you either are or aren't. Experience doing it can help, but not making a night and day transformation.
I know only one person who I'd consider extremely sharp. He can see shit like coyotes laying out in fields that nobody else would ever catch unless they already knew it was there.
>>
>>34832304
> Night vision
Genetic mostly, spend time outside fucker
> Hearing
Your not fucking Daredevil nobody can make out a whisper from 50 yards
> See camo from x distance
Training my dude, even then its a tossup of the fucker is really sneaky.
>>
>>34832379
>Your not fucking Daredevil nobody can make out a whisper from 50 yards
it was a hyperbole
>>
>>34832372
Basically this, you either are or you aren't. just remember that the "dull" die

Darwinism is a bitch
>>
>>34832522
>>34832372
Reaction speed can be trained, it just takes a very very long time to to see results, probably even longer since OP wants less than 100ms

Same goes for the eye, it's a muscle, it can be trained
>>
>>34832304
Natural ability plays a huge role, but the gist of getting gud scrub, is keeping your head angled up for awareness of your surroundings, and watching for movement as well as being aware of artificial shapes and colors (if your in a natural environment)
>>
>>34832304
Humans do not get under 100ms reaction speed. Humans can't even get under 200ms.
>>
>>34833116
>Humans can't even get under 200ms.
wrong

t. 160-180ms because of vidja
>>
>>34833084
>artificial shapes

this is the biggest giveaway, growing up hunting everything, i looked for the shape of grouse, or whatever else was trying to hide. I can spot the people in the camouflage videos/pics almost instantly from their man shape.

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-man-is-a-camouflage-master-2016-2
this is garbage.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2561773/Spot-snipers-artists-amazing-collection-photos-hidden-gunmen-blending-various-landscapes.html
this is actual camouflage.
>>
On GP made me feel for Rode man, poor guy
They better drop some shit this year tho
>>
>>34833533
>this is actual camouflage.
no that's called having shit tier image resolution/quality

and sometimes he outright hides behind things like in the fourth pic
>>
When I used to hunt everyday, I could spot a lizard moving 20 yards away out of the corner of my eye, I didn't know what it was of course, but I knew it was there. I could see all kinds of movement from deer to tiny bird. The way I trained was to go outside, sit down, and just look and listen. I lost my edge because my hearing and vision went to shit fast, but I'm still better then most.

>This is just my two cents, don't know if it would work for anyone else.
>>
>>34833668
Damn man how'd your senses get fucked? My hearing is fucked too. Guns,music,machines. I use ear pro as often as I can.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>34833744
All of the above, my buddy lit a firecracker and threw it in a coke can and held it next to my ear, I AD a 20ga indoors when I was younger, load music, and hunting with a mosin. My eyes are bad because of muh genes. It all hit me a few years ago, and now I just get sad hunting because I'm not as sharp as I used to be and it took alot of the fun out of it.
>>
>>34833744
>I use ear pro as often as I can.
WHAT
YOU USE DEER HOES AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN?
>>
>>34833744
Also, fuck the EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, I thought it was just a meme. I can't sleep without noise from a fan or a tv.
>>
>>34833744
The net sound of nature is greater than my EEEE
>>
How does a person train reaction speed?
Mine is garbage, holy fuck. I feel like an invalid sometimes.
>>
>>34833974
Skeet shooting always helped for me
>>
>>34832372
>>34832522

Bullshit. Bush people are trained in tracking, observation, etc. since a very young age and have decades of experience, thus they see things normal people don't. It all comes down to being familiar with what a "forest" or "ground" normally looks like, then any deviation from it will appear obvious to you.

tl;dr spend a fuckton of time outside and PAY ATTENTION as if your life depended on it. Imitate animals: look 360°, then make a few steps, look around, repeat.
>>
>>34833608
>and sometimes he outright hides behind things like in the fourth pic

Isn't that the point? What use is camoflauge if you aren't going to be a sneaki breeky fucker in it?

I mean hell it's something that actually came up in stargate when they were fucking around with the active camouflage tech in one of the episodes, since someone had a way of subverting it (seeing into the dimension that they were phased into) the red shirt that was using it and walking plainly down the hallway got wasted, while O'neil Or maybe it was tel'c can't remember) was being a sneaky fuck and wasn't out of cover even though he had 100% light distorting bullshit space tech just on the off chance someone might be able to see though it.
>>
>>34834190
You don't ask a guy to try and spot someone and succeed if your sniper is hiding behind a brick wall

the point of "spot the sniper" challenges is that he's always exposed/in plain sight but always relies on good positioning and camouflage not to be seen.
>>
File: Sneke.jpg (233KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Sneke.jpg
233KB, 1440x1080px
>>34832304
Just carry a cat around.
>Be me.
>Be walking my cat behind my 2 story apartment building.
>Cat senses something under bush about 20 feet from walkway.
>Probably ANOTHER lizard in the pine needles.
>Cat starts poking around one bush and gets really excited before jumping backwards.
>Reel in kitty and look where he was poking about.
>Not a copperhead, so we leave it alone.
>He must have either heard or smelled it, because it was completely buried in pine needles under a bush. Probably just chilling till nightfall.
>>
>>34832587
can I work out my eyes and fix my astigmatism?
>>
>>34834593
Many eyesight websites say that eye exercises can help you reach 20/20 vision and maybe better but not sure about astigmatism, try googling "eye exercises and astigmatism"
>>
>>34834483
This or something like it.
Train 4-5 bear dogs.
Just watch them.
They'll let you know what's going on in the Bush.
>>
>>34833533
On the second article
>those captions
Fuck, I can only imagine some mid to early 20 something spouting this shit with their nasally voice almost yelling, wide eyed and flailing their arms around. I hate sensationalist media.
>>
>>34832304
pretty easily. You spend the rest of your life eating what you hunt and kill. No exceptions.

my dad is a wicked shot. I saw him take a 150 yard shot in less than a second by just glancing down the scope.

I never saw the deer.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.