[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't anyone carry with a shoulder holster anymore?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: shoulder holster.jpg (71KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
shoulder holster.jpg
71KB, 500x332px
Why doesn't anyone carry with a shoulder holster anymore? I've been thinking about getting one for my CZ-75D PCR but I'm not sure what I should get, and what I should be looking for. Or, if they're even worth investing in. Thoughts?
>>
>>34830052

The bad:

Harder to conceal(because you must have a heavy cover garment like a jacket).

Fucky/slow draw stroke compared to AIWB or 3-4 o'clock.

Horizontal holster flags everyone behind you all day erry day.

The good:
Great if you're in a vehicle a lot.

James Bond that shit in a tux for LARPING boner
>>
>>34830052
They're
>expensive
>can't conceal unless a jacket is worn
>slow to draw in a horizontal holster
>even slower to draw in a vertical holster
>horizontal shoulder holster flags everyone
>have to move your left arm like a faggot so that you don't flag it with your pistol
>not very discreet - what will you do if someone asks you to take off your jacket and get comfortable?

The only people who should use a shoulder holster are people who spend 85% of their day driving, and those who have back/ hip issues
>>
I'd always prefer one if I was wearing a jacket.
>>
>>34830075
You forgot, makes taking a dump while packing a lot easier.
>>
>get held up
>the guy knows you're about to draw the instant your hand gets higher than your belt going across your gut
>die like a fag because you had a LARPer's holster instead of pretending to go for your wallet and firing from retention as soon as you clear your 5 o'clock IWB
>>
I've got a beretta 92 that I put in a galco miami and it's comfy, but I accept that since I am not fat and the gun is large, concealed is not an option. But it's great when I go for a summer drive, in the woods or in the winter. Plus it gives you that die hard style.
>>
>>34830075
>>34830097
>muh draw speed

>>34830134
>thinking you're ever gonna draw your gun like a fucking action hero when the other guy is already aiming to shoot your ass

>y-you're the LARPer not me!

every time a CCW is used it's drawn while the bad guy isn't paying attention
>>
>>34830164
>every time a CCW is used it's drawn while the bad guy isn't paying attention

This, seriously, go lurk in one of the /k/ webm threads

Unless you can draw, acquire a target and fire at 1200fps or some nonsense like that, but hey, totally doable with enough practice amirite
>>
>>34830164
Yeah and if he looks away...you draw...and he looks back before you can get your shit in action...buh bye. That's why fast is important and no one can successfully argue that shoulder holsters are the fastest draw from concealment.

>>34830299
Practice makes perfect. Not hard to draw and put a round(or TWO) on target in less than 1 second.
>>
>>34830115
People also won't be able to snatch your gun from under the stall.
>>
>>34830115
>>34830822
gotta get me one of them poopin' holsters
>>
>>34830052
Look into galco holsters, I have a galco Miami classic ii for my Beretta and love it, just make sure that you get the tie downs so that you can run your belt through it or else it will fucking flop everywhere.
>>
>>34830052
If you work in an office it isn't bad.

>can sit comfortably
>can conceal under suit/jacket since offices are at an obligatory 60 degrees F and drafty to fuck with women
>you PROBABLY won't be the first victim in an office shooting anyway (RIP receptionist), so time to draw isn't as critical

Just make sure your gun faces a thick wall or something if it malfunctions and ADs.
>>
File: 1441570602250.jpg (101KB, 606x570px) Image search: [Google]
1441570602250.jpg
101KB, 606x570px
>>34830052
Whatever happened to that CZ shoulder holster guy?
>>
>>34830341
>That's why fast is important and no one can successfully argue that shoulder holsters are the fastest draw from concealment.

Of course they aren't faster, we're saying speed during draw is almost irrelevant because you're waiting for an opportunity to draw without being seen.
>>
>>34830052
Also, you can pretend your grabbing your wallet out of your jacket if you are being robbed, but then draw your gun and fuck them up.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.