[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /k/, I recently purchased a nugget, and I was wondering how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0808-1.jpg (240KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0808-1.jpg
240KB, 500x375px
Hi /k/,

I recently purchased a nugget, and I was wondering how much truth there was to the fact that Mosins are more accurate with their bayonet deployed.

I am only asking this because I very recently bought this rifle for a specific type of competition (the local ISR), which doesn't allow to shoot with the bayonet deployed.

>inb4 lol nuggets for competitions
True, but it's an odd model that is historically interesting (a regular 91/30 with a M43 folding bayonet, pic related), I thought it would be fun to shoot it.
>>
>>34828549
the bayonet does nothing to aim.
>>
>>34828568
I have a hard time believing it too, but a lot of people reported some variations in accuracy and point of impact.
>>
Bayonet reduces aim as it makes the gun much heavier to hold aiming.
>>
File: 1-C2tbZEpjgjFHBJxyrsekkg.jpg (28KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1-C2tbZEpjgjFHBJxyrsekkg.jpg
28KB, 540x720px
I made this exact thread in 2007 and everyone called me a fag without giving an answer.

I know that these guns were zero'd with the bayonet extended. But I don't believe it affects anything.
>>
>>34828549
theres some meme floating around (or its true idk) that mosins were sighting in at factory with bayonet on
>>
Myth, just sight it in.
>>
>>34828549
id like to answer this but most of you are total faggots who deserve to lack the knowledge and deserve the fuddlore you currently think is true
>>
Having the bayonet on the rifle does affect the accuracy. For starters, it issues like makes the rifle heavier. More importantly, it is literally attached to the barrel. Anything being attached directly to the barrel on any gun is going to change how the gun shoots.
>>
>>34828799
>For starters, it does make the rifle heavier.
Should say this.
>>
>>34828549
Theuvare not more accurate with they bayonet attached. They were sighted im with the bayonet attached. Soo just adjust your sights.
>>
>>34828549
I've found that my type 53 shoot high and left with the bayonet folded, with the bayonet extended I can get much closer on target.
>>
>>34828549
Canadian?
>>
File: french-man.jpg (27KB, 283x424px) Image search: [Google]
french-man.jpg
27KB, 283x424px
>>34829688
Even worse.
>>
>>34829697
Smh at least your rifle is cool. We don't see that variation too much in the US.
>>
No, they are not more accurate with the bayonet attached. Just sight your rifle like you normally would for any competition.
>>
File: Sans titre.png (1MB, 915x627px) Image search: [Google]
Sans titre.png
1MB, 915x627px
>>34829721
They found a few crates of them in a Russian arsenal a few months back.
>>
>>34828568
The bayonet shifts point of impact on an M44.
>>
I see that most guys here dont have a real clue. So, OP >>34828549
The whole bayonet thing is true - to a certain part.

It was until 1930. Before this year, every single model of the Nugget was factory adjusted with mounted baynonet. In fact there was no real means that the soldier would take it off, you might notice this by the absence of something like a sheath on contemporary imperial russian / soviet soldiers.

But in 1930 the factories switched to the well known M1890/30 design. Aside from the new front side base and minor other changes, those rifles were factory adjusted WITHOUT baynonet

The same goes for every other nugget that was made AFTER 1930 (M38, M44) and is also true for the millions of earlier models that were converted to 91/30 standards.
>>
>>34829793
And that means: If you got

- An original round reciever 91/30

OR

- a hex receiver converted to 91/30

OR

- a M38

OR

- a M44

it will shoot better without the bayonet. No rule without exemption: The M44 usually shoots a little better when the byo is folded down. The additional weight of the unfoldet bayo changes this a little though
>>
>>34829793
>>34829801
Nice bait
>>
>>34829820
>bait

Well, then enlighten us, Mr. Tripfag
>>
>>34829801
Thanks, anon.

As for the added weight, I always preferred heavy guns anyways. I could remove the bayonet (it’s held in place with a metal pin), but I prefer not fiddling with it too much for the time being.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.