[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The US could wipe out North Korea in 15 minutes. >https:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

File: kim.jpg (36KB, 700x465px) Image search: [Google]
kim.jpg
36KB, 700x465px
The US could wipe out North Korea in 15 minutes.

>https://www.yahoo.com/news/retired-air-force-general-us-182529492.html

Is this accurate?
>>
>>34827469
>Is this accurate?

it's been accurate for 60 years now
>>
As a Canadian, yes, the USA could. And thank you.
>>
Our ICBMs take a tad more than 15 min if I recall correctly, but in theory yes. The US has enough deployable nuclear weapons to destroy NK. Something like half of our 7,000 nukes are usable. If we spread them evenly over NK, they would be less than 5 miles from each other. If we just decided to start glassing key cities, bases, plants etc it wouldn't be more than an hour until the terrain was unrecognizable. Between long range bombers, ICBMs and sub launched nukes, Kimmy wouldn't have the time to take a shit and still have a country left to rule.
>>
>>34827469

More like 30.
>>
>>34827469
i've heard 48 hours before. 15 minutes sure if you just nuked them to oblivion.
>>
>>34827469
It's accurate but it's completely meaningless. Glassing the entire northern half of the Korean peninsula would spread a radioactive dust cloud across half the globe. The nuclear response should be proportional to maintain credibility but anything beyond that gains us nothing and creates more unnecessary damage. South Korea would be a wasteland and Japan would probably become economically irrelevant. There would probably be a spike in cancer deaths in Alaska and Canada for several decades.

Then again we've got a crazy man in charge of our nukes so rational responses are off the table. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we launched a pre-emptive strike at this point.
>>
They couldnt fuck up goat herders in 16 years.
>>
>>34827469
all war games have suggested it would take 3 weeks or so to secure all nuclear weapons and material.... considered to be a complete failure. war games in the soviet union were considerably better if a violent collapse occurred. I guess you also have to consider the ussr and usa made pacts about to stop wmds from getting to the black market
>>
>>34828844
no body could ever win in afgan not even Alexander the great
>>
>>34827469
It's a ludicrous premise. Nork's aren't out to nuke Seoul. Seoul is their endgame. They get to Seoul conventionally in a blitzkrieg, then plant a nuke and hold it hostage, betting the US won't intervene and will pull out.
>>
Yeah, but it's unlikely they will. Theoretically, Vietnam could have also been won over night much the same way, or conventionally, by bombing the shit out of it for a month, but there are practical reasons why it didn't then and why it won't now.
>>
We could easily smash nk with conventional weapons that fast, let alone with nukes...
>>
>>34827543
>Something like half of our 7,000 nukes are usable.
1400 deployed warheads.
>>
>>34827543
What is nuclear winter
>>
>>34830548
A fiction.
>>
>>34827469
Trump looks like that guy from ncis in this pic
>>
>>34830548
Improbable
>>
>>34830548
Something that does not exist?
>>
>>34830548
Based on simplistic climate models and discredited for the past few decades.
>>
is the "dust cloud" even relevant now with airburst missiles? The whole apocalypse scenario is a theoretical outcome of two cold war nations launching thousands of bombs at the same time. It's more realistic to assume that Norcs would detonate a smuggled suitcase bomb in a major city instead of wasting one of their warheads by dropping it in the ocean or having it intercepted. Then we would slap Pyongyang with one tactical sub nuke to level the place and send in troops to find which mountain the leaders are hiding in.
>>
>>34827469
Pretty much. It's really a matter of how much we care about civilians. If we don't care we can nuke every major population center off the map in a few minutes. If we wanted a strictly military vs military strike it might take an hour to hit every single military installation and encamped army with cruise missiles.
>>
>>34830806
Got something to back that up? I"m genuinely curious.

I don't think japan would be very happy at the ridiculous amount of fallout though. Dropping that many nukes would probably make japan just as inhabitable.
>>
but the people of North Korea are not at fault here. They have been brainwashed into doing stuff.

To wipe out a huge chunk of them would be ethically very wrong.
>>
>>34830548
a myth propigated by the KGB as a psyop against the west due to a superior western arsenal. In fact the current SJW plague is an out of control cancer made to fuck the west, problem is like the CIA freedom fighters, it spread out of control.
>>
>>34831217
>says the country that caused the Fukushima Daiichi disaster and irradiated the US Pacific coast

>>34831241
The Japanese were "brainwashed" into fighting to extinction in WW2, ethics arguments are for regretful survivors
>>
>>34827543
The amount of fallout from dropping down over 400 megatons worth of nuclear warheads would result in fallout that could effect south korea, china, japan, russia, western europe, etc. That shit goes pretty far, we would have to try very hard to negate the level of fallout or else everyone else in thousands of miles surrounding there could suffer some level of fallout.
>>
>>34827469
probably faster then that. It's like iraq or afghanisthan all over again usa goes in ends the ar in a few hours

pygan is liberated there is videos of people smacking statues of kim with there sandles

usa then speands the next 70 plus years in nk trying to keep peace
>>
>>34827469
Technically.

If US reacts with a nuclear option yes. But then China would react to US with a nuclear option, russia would follow, and then you'd have a nice and comfy four states right down the middle of US that would still be livable.

There's a reason nobody uses their nukes. Every country is sitting on them with an itchy trigger finger just waiting for a reason to use it. One nuke from anyone means half a world launches its nuke and the earth spends the next thousand years in a nuclear winter.

Saying US could wipe out North Korea is true in a sense where its also true to say I could stick my dick in Rhianna. While there's nothing technically preventing it from being true, the consequences if it were to happen are not as approving in reality.
>>
>>34831330
>says the country that caused the Fukushima Daiichi disaster and irradiated the US Pacific coast
>Comparing a single nuclear plant failure to hundreds if not thousands of nuclear bombs
>Thinking that the distance and radiation scales involved are any way equal
>Thinking the US was affected for a second from Fukushima
The effects of fallout from fukushima in the US is at best one to (a very liberal) 20 people getting cancer in their lifetime on the pacific coast if that. 99.99% of the fallout that flew on the cross winds fell into the pacific.
We're affected more by the radiation from China's coal and industrial pollution than Fukushima you fucking retard.
>>
>>34827469
>USA attacks
>simultaneously NK fires all the artillery they've hidden for years aiming at seoul
>NK it's wrecked within minutes
>seoul is wrecked within minutes

was it worth it tho?
>>
File: Nevada Test Site.jpg (133KB, 720x568px) Image search: [Google]
Nevada Test Site.jpg
133KB, 720x568px
>>34831339
>would result in fallout that could effect south korea, china, japan, russia, western europe

Not really.
>>
File: 1417550985570.png (103KB, 275x300px) Image search: [Google]
1417550985570.png
103KB, 275x300px
>>34831411
>One nuke from anyone means half a world launches its nuke and the earth spends the next thousand years in a nuclear winter

No fucking wonder Oppenheimer left this place.
>>
File: macarthur__120117200637.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
macarthur__120117200637.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
>Of all the campaigns of my life, 20 major ones to be exact, [Korea was] the one I felt most sure of was the one I was deprived of waging. I could have won the war in Korea in a maximum of 10 days.... I would have dropped between 30 and 50 atomic bombs on his air bases and other depots strung across the neck of Manchuria.... It was my plan as our amphibious forces moved south to spread behind us—from the Sea of Japan to the Yellow Sea—a belt of radioactive cobalt. It could have been spread from wagons, carts, trucks and planes.... For at least 60 years there could have been no land invasion of Korea from the north. The enemy could not have marched across that radiated belt.
>>
>implying the US can wipe out anybody with Drumpf in charge

He's degrading our military, and making it subservient to Putin.
>>
File: Two and a half.png (168KB, 1708x967px) Image search: [Google]
Two and a half.png
168KB, 1708x967px
>>34831468
Friendly reminder that the Haley's comet might not be the rarest thing we get to see in our generation.
Being the last generation might be the last thing we see in our generation.
>>
>>34831448
Well America lost nothing, so.. yes?
>>
>>34831420
right, because irradiating the entire Pacific is perfectly harmless to anything on land. Keep fantasizing about your Dr Strangelove bombing scenario and stop calling people retarded if you have no idea how the planet even works.
>>
>>34831448
>was it worth it tho?
Who gives a fuck? All they have there is horrible manhwa, garbage videogames, copyright infringement out the ass, fake people (Cosmetic surgery is the most common medical procedure) and shitty attitudes.

Korea hasn't culturally contributed anything to the world in a couple hundred years. In the grand span of human history their eradication would. Attaining annihilation through their own action would give them a larger part in the pages of the history books than continuing their cancerous existence.
>>
>>34831535
it's still bad

it's still not anywhere close to as bad as a nuclear exchange. If you're saying irradiating the ocean is bad just imagine how much of those hundreds or thousands of nukes would add to the pacific as well.

fukushima barely registers over background if at all in the ocean because it's been diluted so heavily. Not to mention ocean currents would have spread it out far more than just to the pacific coast making the concentration orders of magnitude weaker and irrelevant.
>>
>>34831535
>right, because irradiating the entire Pacific is perfectly harmless to anything on land.
Fucking this. Radiation isn't fucking dust, it doesn't go byebye when it hits water.
>>
>>34831510
>arbitrary scale by some people made somewhere in the humanity time line
I will also not able to smell by butcrack but in not crying over it.
>>
>>34831454
Aren't those separated over years?
>>
>>34831589
>>arbitrary scale by some people made
You cannot actually be this stupid, right?
>>
>>34831608
Not him but it sounds pretty arbitrary, instead of being an arrogant douche why not tell us how its scientifically measuring how long we have till the nuclear holocaust.
>>
>>34831454
>comparing hundreds of nuclear tests over decades to hundreds of nuclear bombs over hours
>believing it had no effect on the US population
wew

>>34831472
if truman was someone else or had a different personality that agreed with macarthur we'd be learning about WWIII in our books. thank god he was sane enough not to go for the nuclear option when it was considered legitimate military strategy.
>>
File: 1423821583282.jpg (47KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1423821583282.jpg
47KB, 960x955px
>>34831654
This
>>
>>34831654
>Not him but it sounds pretty arbitrary,
So I guess you can actually be this stupid.
>instead of being an arrogant douche
As opposed to what? You?, I earn the right to be an arrogant douche, because unlike you I'm aware I have the compendium of human knowledge at my fingertips. Instead of jacking off to little kids and googling images of guns every waking moment I actually took the effort to look it up, yet somehow now I'm in the wrong here, even though we both had the same resources for the same amount of time and you decided to be uneducated? Nah bro, the only arrogant douche here is you, the faggot that thinks he has a right to act pompous over his ignorance and still demand he be spoonfed information to make his own argument valid. Nah, fuck off, you have google, use it.
>>
>>34831678
See
>>34831699
This.
>>
>>34831472
Holy shit, the idea of the cobalt wall was fucking nuts.
>>
>>34831699
So you're sticking with the arrogant douche act?
>>
>>34831521
>>34831563
what does america get from this, nothing, north korea is a shithole, not even south koreans want it.
>>
>>34831719
We get rid of a rouge state constantly threatening to nuke us and gaining the ability to do so.
>>
>>34831699
You still dint clear anything lmao
>>
>>34831699
>I earn the right to be an arrogant douche
Shut up you stupid faggot.
>>
>>34831729
Kim is not a madman, He is not as unresonable as the media makes him out to be, do you think an unresonable man would reach the place where he is, he is struggling to keep power, he is not an idiot, he won't nuke america or any other country if that means north korea will be obliterated, despite all their threats north korea never invaded south korea ever again, why?
Deterrance, American forces stationed in south korea. Even now that they have nukes they wouldn't dare to use it.

well, honestly I agree america should deal with north korea before they develop capable ballistic missiles or enough of them to actually be a serious threat, Kim transgressions will become more bold the more nukes they stack.
America had a chance to topple the regime during the famines but instead south korea and the USA gave them aid, so there is no real agenda on how to deal with north korea. The usa is not determined to topple the regime.
>>
File: Ed4nAVS.jpg (91KB, 520x345px) Image search: [Google]
Ed4nAVS.jpg
91KB, 520x345px
>>34831816
>Kim is not a madman, He is not as unresonable as the media makes him out to be
He just kills people with rockets.
>>
>>34831816
>do you think an unresonable man would reach the place where he is
Must've been hard clawing his way to where he is, considering he was born a living god by his father, another living god who again was born by his father, yet another living god.
>>
>>34831854
maintaining that image when there is a long line of generals wanting to replace you as living god is damn hard, why do you think he constantly executes people, he struggles for power, he can't afford to look weak, he has to do threats to the USA, his survival and that of the regime depends on adquiring nuclear weapons
>>
>>34828814
Nukes arent like fallout dirty bombs, dude. You could drop 20 of them and there wouldnt be anything noticeable besides the explosions. Most radiation would jus shoot into the atmosphere and dissipate.
>>
>>34827469
I just saw a FA/18 fly over SF that's unusual.
>>
>>34831472
McArthur was an unstable hack if a general.
>>
>>34831729
He executes dissidents using mortar squads.
>>
>>34831339
I never said we were gonna glass the whole country, simply saying that we could.
>>
>>34831987
That's for the airbursts, these generate a negligible fallout but the groundbursts (and will be groundbursts, the norks have a lot of their important stuff on reinforced bunkers that will need a direct hit to destroy) will be the ones causing the disaster.
>>
>>34832032
Not really. It’s between seattle and palmdale. That and the blue angles might be heading from seattle to miramar. They performed last week.
>>
What happens when North Korea "aims" for area around Guam but actually hits Guam because their technology ain't worth a diddily fuck?
>>
>>34832471
F I R E
A N D
F U R Y
>>
>>34831411
Actually false in the case of China. Their nukes aren't "first-strike ready", meaning that the government keeps them disassembled. It's not possible for them to miscalculate and fire off ICBMs in response to a perceived US attack.

Russia's a different story
>>
File: DGpDQVRWAAA4ZJj.jpg (287KB, 1092x737px) Image search: [Google]
DGpDQVRWAAA4ZJj.jpg
287KB, 1092x737px
>>34831699
>>
File: 1488677245963.jpg (41KB, 550x728px) Image search: [Google]
1488677245963.jpg
41KB, 550x728px
Are there are any missile defenses in Guam?
Can Guam be protected?
>>
>>34827543
>Kimmy wouldn't have the time to take a shit
Um, the Glorious Leader does not poop. His body is so efficient that it produces no waste.
>>
>>34830548
Ha, take that global warming.
>>
>>34832779
Honesty i had to google Guam.
who gives a shit about a handful of dirt and Kim is crazy if he wastes a bomb on it.
>>
>>34831339
thankfully fallout from nuclear weapons clears up to liveable levels in a few weeks or months. but on that note who says we'd have to use massive nuclear weapons, i think a few well placed nukes and conventional bombings would do teh job just fine.
>>
>>34827469
I want to jack off on Donald J. Trump's face
>>
>>34831961
>>34831854
>>34831816

>execute your generals with a quad barrel anti aircraft gun

yea totally sane
>>
Can the radars in SK/Japan even calculate the path of the missiles heading to Guam accurately enough to deduce if they're going to strike Guam or land short of it?

Wouldn't the US have to assume that the missiles were armed and on course to strike Guam?
>>
>>34832986
>implying there are not active US forces with the capability to track ballistic missile launches in the Sea of Japan

Come on, man. Think just a little bit harder.
>>
>>34833037
I know that, and I said that. I'm asking if they are accurate enough to distinguish between a course that will land 40 km short of Guam, and a course that will land in Guam.
>>
>>34832439
That's a long trip you are talking about and why would it just be a single blue angel?
>>
>>34832779
THAAD and a Patriot battery i think
>>
>>34830548
Sagan might have had a cool show but he had a lot of fucking stupid ideas.
>>
>>34831563
Nigger they buy $35.8 billion worth of US goodies every year.
>>
File: 45745784.jpg (126KB, 640x467px) Image search: [Google]
45745784.jpg
126KB, 640x467px
>>34832779
Patriots, THAAD, Multiple Aegis BMD Ships around the area. Japan has their Aegis equivalents out there, too, from what I understand.
>>
>>34831563
Autism should bar people from voting.
>>
>>34831849
From a rational standpoint, it makes sense that he would be as cruel as possible; he relies on fear to keep people in line. It's like how everyone hated Stalin, but the imperfect information made everyone too scared to do anything about it.
>>
>>34827469
yes we could nuke them to nothing, but we can't do that because it is in the middle of china and worst korea. Kim is bluffing hard as fuck and I am glad trump isn't falling for it like presidents of the past did. Kim won't attack guam, he is a fat pussy and certainly afraid of dying and losing power.
>>
>>34832495
I mean, we could just call them and give them a heads up. They'll still be ready to launch theirs if anything hits them, but Russia won't initiate MAD with the US over NK going too far and getting fucked.
>>
>>34832908

If you don't know that Guam is an extremely important USAF base you are uninformed and need to stfu
>>
File: mot lurking moar.jpg (112KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
mot lurking moar.jpg
112KB, 750x600px
>>34832908
>>
>>34827491
>As a Canadian, yes
>As a Canadian
>As a

gb2 reddit
>>
>>34831510
Muh climate change
>>
We could but we won't and shouldn't.
They ony role we should have in a war in NK is to cripple their military and artillery with targeted strikes, and to keep their planes out of the skies.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.