[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Decided to sell some guns, help me figure out what to keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 20170811_011722.jpg (823KB, 2896x2896px) Image search: [Google]
20170811_011722.jpg
823KB, 2896x2896px
Top pic is my current family photo. Bottom pic is what will be left when I sell everything I'm planning on selling. Convince me to keep some of the stuff that's missing from the bottom pic.

Top pic clockwise:
>Israeli Mauser
>bubba'd Swedish Mauser
>Henry Mini Bolt Youth
>M&P 15-22
>Savage 99C
>1976 WASR AKM
>Jericho 941PS
>DPMS lower/PSA upper AR-15
>lefty Tikka T3 Lite w/ Boyds stock
Ooh, and rate my collection /10. I'll explain my current choices now.
>>
Current choices
>1 AR, 1 AK, and 1 9mm pistol is pretty necessary
>I want at least one milsurp, and the Mauser is a 7.62x51 NATO so it gets bonus points
>want at least one good .22 and I plan on giving the mini bolt to my kid someday, it was my first gun
>>
>>34827052
No I wont convince you
Sell the Sporter Swedcuck Mauser
Savage 99
M&P-22 and lefty Tikka
>>
>>34827052
>selling your guns
>>
The Tikka is definitely gone. Fuck it. I only got it because I was just getting into shooting and thought since I was a lefty I should shoot left handed. Big mistake, I'm right eye dominant.

The Savage 99C is classy but really not my style. Unless it's gonna be worth a lot in the future I see no reason to keep it.

Swede is fun and all but I don't reload so 6.5mm's downsides outweigh its many upsides. Plus it looks kinda fucked up. Only weighs seven pounds though, it might be a good rifle to lug around all day if I add a rear sight to it.
>>34827083
Why the 15-22? Shouldn't I keep a .22 for practice/plinking?
>>
Is this some sort of riddle? Too complex 4 me.
>>
>>34827110
>not profiting from expensive assets that you have no use for
If I sell everything I plan on selling I'm looking at $1200-$1400, y not
>>34827120
Yes, you have to rearrange all the guns in the picture and it reveals a map
>>
>>34827052
DON'T
SELL
YOUR
FUCKING
GUNS
IN TEN YEARS, YOU WILL THINK BACK AND WISH YOU STILL HAD AAAAAAALL OF THEM
DO YOU KNOW HOW I KNOW THIS?
BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER MET A SINGLE PERSON WHO DIDN'T REGRET SELLING THEIR GUNS
TRUST ME
THE MONEY IS NOT WORTH IT, IT WILL NOT APPRECIATE IN VALUE AND FUN AS MUCH AS THE GUNS WILL
UNLESS YOUR BABY IS DYING AND YOU NEED THE MONEY
DO
NOT
SELL
GUNS
>>
>>34827172
Mostly agree with this. But if you dont shoot lefty, no reason to have it and swapping that ar 22 for a 10/22 is a no brainer.
>>
>>34827172
Well I can say for certain that I will have zero fond memories of the Tikka. It has to go.

The Savage might be something I want to hold on to, maybe like a wallhanger. Something I take out every once in a while. It just screams "class" like a nice watch or piece of jewelry does.

I'm not smart enough to solder a rear sight on my Swede, and by the time I get some faggot who charges me sixty an hour to do it I'll have already lost money on the thing. It would make a perfect gun for a child who has just escaped from .22LR and intermediate cartridge territory. If you really think I should I'll hold on to it, might need to think it over some though.

Have you ever sold a gun and regretted it? Share pls
>>34827219
Why is it a no-brainer? What makes the 10/22 better than other .22s?
>>
>>34827172
bullshit not every gun is special. For every ohmgod never sell this ever there's 5 other guns that you could easily get rid off and never think back on again.
>>
>>34827052
You might as well keep the flipflops in the top right corner

They don't hold their value very good so I don't think you'll get a lot for them
>>
>>34827052
How much you want for the mauser?
>>
>>34827341
I've worn them every day for the past year and a half, so I can't sell
>>34827354
I have it listed on Armslist for $350 but I could do $325 and 95rds of 6.5x55mm at 60¢ CPR (normal is 80¢).

I bought it for $320 with 100rds so I'm looking to either profit or keep it.

Local sale only though, sorry anon. I got the good Mauser today and it's not for sale.
>>
>>34827230
>What makes the 10/22 better than other .22s?
price and aftermarket
personally i think it would be stupid to sell a gun you like just to replace it with a 10/22 which fills the exact same role
if you had no 22lr at all id say 10/22 or marlin 795 over any 22lr ar but you already bought the gun. if you sold the ar to buy a 10/22 you would barely get enough to buy a new 10/22 from the sale so why bother.
>>
>>34827416
Yeah, I knew the price was better but I was wondering why that matters if I already have something that fills the same role. Can't go wrong with ARs in terms of aftermarket either.
>>
>>34827132
You act like that's a lot of money. Pro tip, it's not. Save money, don't get in the habit of stupidly buying things and then having to sell them later loser.
>>
>>34827052
I will buy your Jericho right now for 500.
>>
>>34827432
>Can't go wrong with ARs in terms of aftermarket either.
uh not really theres no fuckload of companies making matchgrade 22lr barrels
you can fit ar accesories on it but the amount of parts for 22lr specific parts are minimal
if you are talking about real calibers you are right but in 22lr theres not much
>>
Are you going to reply or are you just role playing
>>
>>34827459
Frig off
>>34827463
No can do, sorry
>>34827466
Well of course 10/22 has more support but who cares honesty
>>34827506
What?
>>
>>34827516
>Post Jericho
>Selling me guns boys
>No
>>
>>34827528
b-but anon I only have one pistol
>>
>>34827541
I have been looking for one of these for over a month, and will oc it around the wilds of alaska while keeping it in the best form it has ever been. Even send you a postcard.
>>
>>34827073
>1 AR, 1 AK
>necessary

Pick one.
>>
File: 20170808_154956.jpg (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170808_154956.jpg
1MB, 2560x1440px
>>34827574
I'd love to sell it to you for a ridiculously high price if you vacationed down here to Florida and paid me a visit.

How is Alaska? I use Google earth A LOT, for seemingly no reason, but 90% of the time I end up just exploring the small towns in the southern part of the state (the part that blocks canada's pacific access)

It's #1 on my "live there in the future" lists.
>>
>>34827073
Its a buyers market, wait for now. Keep the swede, its an amazing bullet and i stack my ammo for it DEEP. Stripper clips are smooth as butter for it. Ballistics unmatched. Since its bubbad you can turn it into what the tikka should have been. Id dump the lousy "sproing" AR. Every seal out there is yapping "AR AR AR!", savage is in that zone where its valuable but not cherished like a pre 64 winchester, its day will come.

Id wait awhile, and refigure your purpose for each rifle. I treat my m96 swede as my "m1a class" battle rifle with good ballistics. Think deep, why did you get all of these in the first place? You imagined the time and place theyd be used. That thought is still relevant even though maleable
>>
>>34827732
Funny you mention winchester, I sold a post 64 bat masterson edition winchester for the savage, kinda got the short end of the deal but didn't really care.

Thanks for the advice. I'll think it all over some.
>>
keep ur guns sir

If you have to sell anything, keep the AK, the market for those in the US is starting to look scary, so it'd be a shitty idea to sell it now.
>>
>>34827379
>"Local sale only"
>Doesn't state location
Idiot
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.