[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As someone who wants a self defense ccw should I go with 10mm?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: p5_kawakami_sit.jpg (179KB, 2048x902px) Image search: [Google]
p5_kawakami_sit.jpg
179KB, 2048x902px
As someone who wants a self defense ccw should I go with 10mm? What are some radical 10mm pistols?
Or is a revolver better?
>>
I'm going to rustle some dicks here, but consider 9mm. The ammo is cheaper which = more range time = you're a better shot and more confident. If you have the money to blow throw shitloads of 10mm then ignore me.
>>
>>34826372
Is the price difference that significant
what about stopping power and having a caliber as big as my dick?

i'm more thinking that if i'm unfortunate enough to have an engagement i want it to be over as soon as i can land a shot
>>
>>34826207
Glock 20 or Dan Wesson 1911's in 10mm
>>
>>34826207
>As someone who wants a self defense ccw should I go with 10mm?

No. Get a 9/.40 or .45.
>b-b-but it's weaker!1

The power of the round isn't worth the squeeze, like using .357 instead of .38. You're giving up faster and more accurate follow up shots, capacity and training resources for nothing.

competent shooter with a 15rd 9mm > incompetent shooter with a Glock 29

There is no substitute for proper training, mindset and general skill in defensive shooting. This article is somewhat relevant to the topic at hand.

http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=16827#more-16827

>What are your performance deficits with the 26 as compared to the 19? If you cannot quantify this, it’s time to hit the range. I would suggest comparing split times from 3, 5, 7 and 10 yards. Also compare target to target transition times, and also shoot some groups at 25 yards under reasonable time pressure and consider the differences.
>>
>>34826457

Handguns suck at that so don't expect that. Unless you're running a 357 or 44 with a 4+ inch barrel or a rifle, 9/10 out of 10 you're not gonna get a one shot stop. 9mm will recoil less and you'll be able to get shots on target faster, more holes=more deader faster.
>>
>>34826457

and yeah. 9mm is cheap enough to practice more. more practice means easier to put more holes in center mass to make nigs more deader
>>
>>34826207
not OP but why not just go for revolver caliber
>>
Don't carry a revolver. You're gonna want more than 6 shots in any situation that requires shots.
>>
>>34826697
so revolvers are a meme?
>>
>>34826697
Most self-defense shootings involve 2-3 shots fired.
>>
>>34827364
Yes.
>>34827414
That's also true, but it never hurts to have a couple more rounds ready to go.
>>
>>34826207
Fuck all the opinions here. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters, is what works for you.
>>
>>34826457
Your dick is .39 inches in diameter?
>>
File: 1491935187680.gif (3MB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
1491935187680.gif
3MB, 640x357px
>>34827364
>so revolvers are a meme?

Outside of J-Frames, for the most part yes. They're still viable, just understand that a double stack handgun is going to be a better option 99% of the time.

The slight advantages a revolver has (cannot be knocked out of battery especially in an entanglement) is not worth the downsides. At all.

https://youtu.be/j4BBr4wUSIg?t=255

>>34827414
>Most self-defense shootings involve 2-3 shots fired.

Oh God. Not this bullshit again. There's plenty of defensive shootings that occur with rounds in the 1-11 count. Do you REALLY dare to hedge your bet on a 3 round gun? You can miss, you can strike an attacker in a non vital area, they can have friends that have guns, you can be injured and have to shoot one handed, you could have a malfunction and have to jack a round out. Are you legitimately willing to bet your life to 3 rounds due to some bullshit cliche? Really?

If so, take out all of your ammo out of your carry gun, leave only 3 slap yourself and carry that everywhere you go. See how you'll like knowing you only have 3 rounds of a woefully underpowered bullet to save your life.

This isn't even covering carrying a reload. Sometimes you motherfuckers need to really sit down and think to yourselves on the dumb shit you spout.
>>
>>34827523
>Your bet on a 3 round gun
No I bet on a 5 round gun
>>
>>34826207
Go to the gun store and hold some handguns.
Find one that fits in your hand nicely and is concealable. Glock 19s are really nice but I'm more of a CZ guy. And don't get 10mm, 9mm will be just fine.
>>
>>34826463
>Glock 20
>Not Glock 40
Apologize for your faggotry
>>
>>34827539
>No I bet on a 5 round gun

Good for you.
>>
>>34827497

And fuck that. This is someone who wants 10mm for CCW. They need told no, because it won't work for them.

They wouldn't be asking this question if they knew what they were doing. No responsible person would tell you 10mm is a good idea for carry, unless you want to kill goddamn bears. And even then, get a goddamn .44 magnum.
>>
>>34827523
>They can have friends who have guns
No handgun will save you
>malfunctiom
Double action capability with the rotating cylinder gives the revolver an edge for this
>3 rounds
Most pocket revolvers carry 5
>>
File: 1484472565244.jpg (61KB, 724x543px) Image search: [Google]
1484472565244.jpg
61KB, 724x543px
>>34827497
>At the end of the day, the only thing that matters, is what works for you.

This. Carrying an unloaded Taurus Judge, using a rape whistle and my karate skills that I've obtained from the local McDojo is what works for me.

Don't judge me, I'm a snowflake. What works for me works for me! Lalalalala I can't hear you!!!

>>34827632
>No handgun will save you

You're right. Because your faggot pussy ass defeatist attitude will get you killed by the time you're in any real danger.

>Double action capability with the rotating cylinder gives the revolver an edge for this

You completely ignored the video provided, dispelling the myth of such bullshittery. What happens when your revolver breaks? Nothing you can do.

>Most pocket revolvers carry 5

But we're talking about the mythical 1-3. Please. Stop posting and actually learn. You can do whatever the fuck dumb shit you want to do, try not to give any of your shit advice to people.
>>
>>34826463
>Glock 20 or Dan Wesson 1911
>CCW
I'm a big guy (4u) and I can't conceal a Glock 20.

OP, as a 10mm fanboy, I will give you this bit of advice: 10 for the woods, 9 for the hoods.
>>
>>34827667
The fuck is this even? Take your pills.

>>34827586
>I'm some uppity nigger who needs to inject my nigs into nogs because my opinion is golden and absolute.

Ok, gun Jesus.
>>
>>34827470
As someone who only carries semi autos, revolvers have their place as a CCW. They make awesome back up guns, or guns you can use when you don't want to recover spent casings.
>>
>>34827667
>What happens when your revolver breaks?
..... The same thing that happens when any other gun breaks?

>we're talking about the mythical 1-3
Why do you think it's mythical?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.